Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

GardenGal
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 1:45:59 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

How did you spend your day ?

--
GardenGal
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 1:50:10 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

My mom likes simple things like me so knowing what she'd want the most I went and got some annuals to plant around her backdoor and parking area.   Where she would see the plants every day.  I made sure get the flowers that were blooming in Red  ( I got some pink for my house ).  Hubby went with me and he was a big help.   We were done in no time and spread plenty of annuals around.    I also had 2 yellow iris that bloomed near my front that she mentioned she liked so I brought those over as well.   

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day.

gg

--
Dorian
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:21:40 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Happy Mothers Day everyone... even if you're only a 'mother' to a fur baby .

My sweet dh made me fruit crepes with bacon on the side.

My littlest made sure that I had PLENTY of picked flowers.

My oldest and middle boys each drew or painted me lovely pictures.

And my dd bought me a word game, and the kids will play it with me this evening, and she will make dinner as well 

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
cv quilter
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 3:16:15 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I have had a lovely Mother's Day.  I made breakfast this morning and cleaned up the kitchen..  Son is working today and our daughter is having a medical procedure in the morning so is prepping for that.  Both sons and our daughter called me today to wish me Happy Mother's Day.  Our daughter in law did, too.    I have been working in sewing room putting some last minute touches on the say it with a woolie banner.  It is ready for packing and mailing tomorrow.  I haven't been able to use my sewing machine all week, so was happy to do the sandwiching and binding on the banner today.  I have got to get back to sewing.  I want to do some things for me!  Selfish!  Tonight will be a simple, no cook dinner of cheese and crackers and tuna salad, with a rum and pepsi and/or a glass of wine

GG and Dorian, sounds like you both have had a fabulous day!

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
quiltertess
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:50:42 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I spent the morning with 4 of my kids - My oldest daughter, Kate and her husband Chris and my younger daughter Shannon came down from NY yesterday to attend the Orioles game last night.  My older son Steve had gone to Disney with us and was here also.  Talked with younger son Andrew this morning also - he is in St. Louis currently (or on his way to Colorado).  Charlie fixed dinner so all in all it was a great day!

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Chelle
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 5:28:04 PM(UTC)
Chelle

The four of us went out to breakfast and I told them I just wanted everyone to do whatever they want for the day.  I did tell DH I didn't want to cook today lol.  Spent time with each of my boys individually and now going to sew.  I asked DH what we were doing for dinner and he said thats all me, so I need to think about what I want. :). 

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
Bonita
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 8:00:32 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Son-in-law made a yummy brunch for all the Mothers in his life. Wife, Mom, sister and mother- in- law (Me). And three kids. They stayed until mid afternoon. Then I took a nice nap. All in all a very nice day.

Bonita
EvelynB
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:08:47 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

We drove down to San Marcos Tx to see DD and family. She needed a babysitter Friday so we had a lovely time with the 3 1/2 year old teaching us to play games (I’d never played CandyLand). Yesterday we went to the clinic with the 7 month old twins. Their first time with ear infections. Surprised all of us because they were still happy and smiling running a fever. Got to help with their breathing treatments. Son-in-law grilled pork chops. Yum! We went out for breakfast then dinner at the river watching the rafters going down the river. So pretty and different from home. At home we’ve been barely missing tornadoes. It’s that time of year!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed