Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
Quiltbaby
#61 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2019 10:43:27 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

GG I am very proud of you! Way to stay strong. Congrats!
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Chelle
#62 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 12:09:43 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Non scale victory- while in chat I pulled out tote of shirts that I want to be able to wear again. I have a few that I can wear now and only 3-4 that I am not quite ready for. I also found a pair of brand new jeans in the bottom- so I tried them on and they fit (a little loose).

For the most part I don’t have many cravings for things I cut out. When I do, I find a little is all I need and then I’m over it :)
When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
GardenGal
#63 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 3:38:29 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Stalled a tiny bit but I'm thinking I'll woosh soon.. I'm moving more so that has to help, right ?

--
Quiltbaby
#64 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 6:17:49 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Bacon yum. My new Tee Shirt. Lol. Congrats Chelle and GG. Wonderful progress for you both! ***** Dang right Bacon Rules!!

I stumbled a bunch when Tammie had her heart attack. It’s taken me awhile to get serious again. But I did it. Back in losing mode, and health mode. This way of eating is the only way that has ever worked for me. For Diabetes, and hypertension. Healing my body is the most important thing. Weight loss is a great side effect for me. I wish Tammie would Keto with me. But you can only show by example and hope some rubs off. She is doing better with diet at least.

I wish everyone great health no matter how you get there.

Candis
stitchintime
#65 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 1:44:15 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

LOL Candis, that t-shirt makes quite the appropriate statement.  

Barb
Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true
Quiltbaby
#66 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 3:52:58 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Lol. Barb, I think we have different ideas about the meaning of my shirt. It’s a keto strong symbol. But I see where your going. doh

Candis
mimi2jefftye
#67 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 4:41:05 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

My foot is getting so much better, that I am hoping to start walking very soon!  Right now walking to the office and then working the day, by the time it get home it is sore and swollen.  It is back to normal color at least!  LOL

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
stitchintime
#68 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 9:34:56 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Sally, I'm glad your foot is feeling better.  Did you find out the cause of the problem?  Hope it finishes healing soon.

Barb
Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true
Chelle
#69 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 9:58:55 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Well I have been making poor food choices while dealing with this sinus infection, well, let's be honest I was making those choices before that.. but happy the scale is under what I was last time I weighed.  Gotta start walking and drinking more water :)

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
Quiltbaby
#70 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 11:04:55 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I love this idea!
I want this

Candis
GloBug
#71 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 2:06:18 PM(UTC)
GloBug

HAHAHAHA Candis....that's a good one!! 

Leslie
#72 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 2:53:43 PM(UTC)
Leslie

I decided to try keto for a little while, to see if could control my IBS, better. I started a fast Friday, that would put me in ketosis within 24 hours, im happy to report ive been in ketosis since Saturday evening. No side effects except for the metal taste in my mouth. Going to give it a few weeks, and see how i respond.
Leslie
Quiltbaby
#73 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 11:56:31 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Good for you Leslie! That taste goes away. I had IBS very bad. I do not anymore. As a matter of fact all inflammation is gone from my body. My lab work and markers for this are further proof. Just keep up on your electrolytes and you should feel great. Try for at least a month. A few weeks sometimes isn’t long enough to see clear benefits. I still fast daily for 18 to to 24 hours. But I’m not a fanatic about it. I just don’t get that hungry. No cravings for CARBAGE anymore. Hope your experience is as good as mine. Keep us posted! woohoo

Candis
Leslie
#74 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 1:24:52 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Thanks Candybaby, so far so good
Leslie
GardenGal
#75 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:31:55 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Yesterday was a crazy kind of a day so I didn't make it here to ask how to BREAK a stall..  I'd been 156.8 for nearly 2 weeks and needed to bust that number.. well.. this morning a bit of a woosh and I weighed in at 155.2   HOT DOG!!   Even if it bounces up to 155.8 that's still another number that doesn't start with 156.  

Also motivation to stick to my diet next week during camp. 

;)  gg

--
Quiltbaby
#76 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:50:12 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Yeahwoohoo woohoo many congrats. GG! Love that whoosh!! Have you noticed even though the scale may not move, you are losing inches? That’s what most find fascinating on Keto. The fat on the inside is being burned. All theinches magically melt away. But numbers on scale stay the same or fluctuate with fluid shifts., especially with women, dang hormones.

Stress can cause a big weight stall, your cortisol levels increase. Find that happy relaxed place in your head and stay there. Lol. Also a great way to break a stall or jump start, is intermittent fasting. Or going Carnivore. On fasting you can go as long, or as short as you can stand. A water fast, a bone broth fast, a bullet proof coffee fast, or nothing but h20 and bullet proof coffee fasting. I fast for 18 to 20 hours and normally eat one meal a day, plus a snack maybe in my eating window. So many tricks for a stall. I’m happy that scale moved, but I think scales are demon possessed, nervous I hate them! wink

Candis
Leslie
#77 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 6:44:46 AM(UTC)
Leslie

Im happy to report i haven't had a IBS, flare up since i decided to try keto, and very happy to report im finally under 150 lbs.
Leslie
GardenGal
#78 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 6:56:15 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Originally Posted by: Leslie Go to Quoted Post
Im happy to report i haven't had a IBS, flare up since i decided to try keto, and very happy to report im finally under 150 lbs.

What an awesome number!   When I hit anything under 150, I'll be so darn happy!   

Well something strange happened.. I dropped to 155.2 and some how knocked myself out of ketosis.  I got on the scales yesterday and they showed 157.4   WHAT THE HECK?    The only way to put on that kind of weight is to fall out of ketosis...  I've doubled my efforts to watch every carb ... this is the first time since Oct that I've accidently messed up.   It could be some Adkins candy I bought...  Going back to eggs, nuts and cheese for snacks.  

I hope we've got some walkers at this retreat because I need LOTS of steps. 

yay on no ibs syptoms Les, that is just sooo awesome!!!  

gg

--
Quiltbaby
#79 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 8:47:43 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Leslie, that’s so wonderful! Told you!!! Keto is wonderful for all inflammation problems. I know My own Painful IBS stopped too over 10 months ago. Even when I have wavered into dirty Keto. I am so happy you are seeing the benefits.

GG, I go in and out of Ketosis too. Everyone does. Are you using blood test or urine strips? Looking forward to talking to you more at upcoming retreat. Remember what I said about the scale. Not a great marker for women. To many fluid shifts. It’s not a fat shift. More than likely it’s those hormones at war. Enjoy your retreat.

Candis
Quiltbaby
#80 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 9:38:49 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Oh. Just thought of a great retreat snack for you GG. Bacon dipped in avocado. It’s delish . Great fats. You need...

Candis
Rss Feed  Atom Feed