Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
mimi2jefftye
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 1:51:45 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Hey everyone, it is another year of making us a better us!!!  Keep in touch and post your progress, or lack there of (so we can motivate).  Offer ideas for what has worked for you, answer questions, basically keep doing the great job this year that you did for us last year!

We all have ideas for what we would like to improve or change in or for ourselves, but sometimes we may need ideas, suggestions and motivation.  This is the place to come!  

Let's make 2019 one of the best years ever!!!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Quiltbaby
#2 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 12:24:38 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I am in for another year! I have fallen a little off my health plan since Tammie’s Heart Attack. I really found out just how much of a stress eater I Am! I am doing a reset on the 1st of January. My Dr reminded me it’s National Carnivore Month the whole month of January. So I’m going Carnivore with a few hundred of my fellow Keto pals. I feel better eating more meat than veggies. My blood sugars stay more level. My blood pressure levels out too. Soooo I’m going to give Carnivore an honest try. Should be great since Without Carbs or low carbs my hunger is diminished . I will continue to fast 16 to 18 hours and probably go back to OMAD. This dang wintertime is a health buster. I had so much more motivation before the rain and cold and holidays hit. Oh and a heart attack for my love. I have got to get a grip. I gained inflammation, bloat, gas, intestinal issues, and my Blood pressure and blood sugars fluctuating too much,. Which means my moods are all over the place! I just don’t feel good. I refuse to go backward anymore. So this reset is what I need. Come on January and 2019 I am ready!!!
pS. I’m not trying to convince or encourage anyone else into my way of eating. I am just doing me. It works for me and my body and my health. Tried everything else known to man. This works for me. I say , Do You. Hope everyone has a wonderful healthy New Year. Thank you Sally for posting this.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
EvelynB
#3 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 12:49:22 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Candis, good for you to consider taking care of yourself. With my DH’s cancer treatments this year I was stressed and wasn’t thinking of myself either. I have a problem about eating too much sugar and baked goods. It causes inflammation and I wake up hurting. My husband has been doing great and I did go to the doctor for myself. I’ve lost 20+ pounds. So we have a plan. The kids drove out of the driveway and I was trashing bad foods as they drove away. Got a turkey breast cooking and going for some good salad makings. Tamales, sugar cookies, and fudge are in the trash. It was fun to watch the kids decorate the cookies in the shape of ugly sweaters. Our 3-year old won the prize for using (and wearing) the most icing. She was so proud of herself. She also won her first ever game of Candy Land.
Leslie
#4 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 1:02:48 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Tried to run a mile this afternoon 34 degrees here now I can run in these temps, but the wind is blowing pretty good my poor feet were froze in no time. So gave up and came home will do a couple hundred jumping jacks and other cardio later.
Leslie
Eponine1984
#5 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 4:19:30 PM(UTC)
Eponine1984

I'm still visiting with family for the holidays and allowing myself the once a year indulgences (Christmas cookies mainly) that come with this time of year. DH got a Garmin watch for Christmas, so we're ready to get back on track in the New Year.

My sister sent me an article about "how to be perfect in the New Year" - some of the psychology behind resolutions and why they fail. A big reason people struggle is they try to be flawless from the start - give up every bad habit at once and replace it with a good habit. That can work for a time, but then there's one little slip up and it turns into a landslide. So to make real changes, the author suggests making one change right now and stick with it.

My change has been using my Garmin watch and hitting my goal of 10 flights of stairs per day. I think I'm up to 7 or 8 days in a row now. 10,000 steps per day is a lot for me to hit sometimes, but I can get up and do stairs no problem. Once we get home (tomorrow) I'm looking forward to beginning to clean up my eating again and get back on track counting calories.

Side note: I went to the doctor and had some of my vitamin levels checked - I was deficient in b12 and low in D. I got a shot of B12 a couple weeks ago, and I have to say I feel a lot better anxiety-wise than I have in awhile. I've been taking vitamins as well, so I hope to continue to see improvement.

Well-behaved women rarely make history ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
mimi2jefftye
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 6:50:03 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Started my IF program again yesterday and I do not remember having a day where I was so hungry!  I think what happened was I forgot and took my vitamins this morning with my coffee and it may have done something to levels.  So gotta remember to take them with dinner.

Does anyone know if taking vitamins at night is the same as taking them first thing in the morning?  That probably sounds like a dumb question, but I really do not know.

Brenda
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 6:57:25 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I am working on cutting a few carbs here and there.  I will not say I am cutting them all out because that just will not happen right away.  I am also writing when and what I eat down.  I also am trying to be aware of my thoughts to see if it makes a difference in my munching.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Quiltbaby
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:29:31 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Sally. If your vitamins have VitB in them. That gives you energy. So taking at night might keep you awake. Hope that helps

Candis
stitchintime
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 8:49:56 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Sally it depends on what vitamins you are taking.  Candis is correct that B vitamins should not be taken at night - they are considered energy vitamins and are best taken on an empty stomach before you first meal of the day.  Vitamin C and folate are water soluble and should also be taken on an empty stomach.  Vitamins A, K, E and D (fat solubles) should be taken with a meal.  Take calcium with food.  Take iron on an empty stomach (use juice if it upsets your stomach).   Fish oils with food and probiotics on an empty stomach.  If all you are taking is a multi, take it on an empty stomach before your first meal.  Bet that was more info than you were wanting 

Barb
Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true
Chelle
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 11:06:46 PM(UTC)
Chelle

The past few days I haven't gotten many steps, but have been eating better.  Friend asked if I would share some keto recipes we've liked.. that's nice to know they are interested.  I did tell them I eat popcorn even though its not keto - they laughed at me. :D

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
frankied
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:45:23 AM(UTC)
frankied

Hi all yes im in for another year, last year not a success but not a total loss either our eating had improved and being an online shopper has improved how many steps i walk in a day most mornings if im working i have done 10,000 steps by 9am. This year sister has started weighing in with me every Monday we are putting £2 in the jar each time and this becomes our holiday spending money at the end of the year. Trying to stay off potatoes since we found that worked for us last year quite well, and we will try to get more walks in. I dont like going to the gym and working out so i use a Nintendo Wii and that works for me I want to update it to a Nintendo Wii U but that I will need to save up for. I had a rotten flu type thing before Christmas really knocked me for six so now I take Vit C with zinc im not guaranteeing it works but sis and bro in law have rotten coughs and colds and i havent so far, so im keeping my fingers crossed.

Lots of love

Frances xxx

By the way I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year.

elliebell650
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 11:46:50 AM(UTC)
elliebell650

Think I would like to participate in this also. I am a little 5ft person so any weight I gain is noticeable straight away.
My family and I do try and use the 5/2 it's called a diet but as you can eat the same food as you usually eat we don't see it as a diet. And it's a great way to get our alcohol free days in.
I also try to walk 5klm at least three times a week if not more.
I try to do this with a friend as this also helps from thinking oh can't be bothered and I know we all feel that way sometimes.
Thanks for the thread.
Marg
Eponine1984
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:52:06 PM(UTC)
Eponine1984

So far, so good this year. I'm tracking every single calorie I eat on MyFitnessPal. I've been running a mile each day. It's a long slow process, but I'm glad to be moving in the right direction.

mimi2jefftye
#14 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 10:20:31 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

I just got on the scale tonight because I realized I had not checked it since Christmas.  Even after having dinner I have a 7 lb loss.  I was honestly expecting a gain since I was not really sticking to my IF program.  I will take what I get!  Now to get more steps in each day!

stitchintime
#15 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 10:41:44 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Woohoo Sally

Barb
Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true
Quiltbaby
#16 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 11:23:22 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Sally. That’s wonderful! Congrats to you !

Candis
Veronica
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:40:30 AM(UTC)
Veronica

A fitness tracker i ordered with Christmas money arrived today. I charged it and am already wearing it. I am really hoping this motivates me to get moving every day. It will take a bit to get used to, but I'm excited.
...hanging on to the threads of life.
Eponine1984
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 8:27:47 PM(UTC)
Eponine1984

Way to go, Sally!

What kind of tracker did you get, V?

I'm 100% back on the calorie counting train. My sister is helping me since she's such a fitness nut. We did a week of 1900 calories per day and I lost half a pound. We dropped down to 1800-1850 calories per day now, and we'll see how that goes. The whole goal is to lose slow and steady and not go hungry. I know if I cut my calories down to 1500 per day I'd lose a lot faster, but I'd be crankier and more likely to binge. I've got a lot of work to do to reprogram the whole "Biggest Loser" mentality that I've adopted - I'm not a failure if I don't lose 15 pounds per week.

In addition, we're slowly increasing my activity each day. I've been on a run streak - 1 mile per day since New Years Day. It takes me 15-16 minutes to run that mile, but running is a gait, not a pace. Now we've bumped that up to running for 20 minutes per day. The eventual goal is to get to 30 minutes of moderate exercise per day. I'm still getting my 10 flights of stairs every day and hitting my Garmin step goal (usually around 5000 steps per day).

Slow and steady. That's me.

monalee
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:05:08 AM(UTC)
monalee

I have been doing keto but after my son's heart attack, the doctor suggested the Mediterrean diet.  He said salt intake will harm you the most.  Its amazing how many items have high sodium.  The canned items if you use them, have to be rinsed thoroughly to get out as much added sodium as you can. Red wine is on the list of must have so thats good too.  I thoroughly changed my pantry and fridge to reflect the items on the list. We have joined the YMCA and I hope to get there a couple days a week, 30 minute drive each way is what I dislike. Here is to a better 2019!

GardenGal
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:10:43 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

I've dropped again and am most happy.  Alway small drops but they add up.  Today I had to go up a notch on my bra.     So I'm losing enough for it to be noticed a bit.

gg

--
Rss Feed  Atom Feed