Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
GardenGal
#1 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 4:34:07 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

How much do you have left to quilt?   Lots, a few, one that just needs binding or do you want to make 5 quilts so you only have about a week per quilt ?  What are you trying to get done and under the tree???  

hohoho

gg

--
cv quilter
#2 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 4:40:11 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

The main quilt I'd love to have finished is the Bear Paw Quilt and under my son's tree in CA.  Other than that, I'd like to get the Nov 2018 UFO red/black/white top sandwiched and quilted, not sure if it's going under a tree, but it would be nice to have it done.  I haven't even thought about Christmas sewing otherwise.  I'm having a hard time realizing that it's almost here.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
dogsbody
#3 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 5:08:43 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

I have a quilt for my brother nearly done, not so much as a christmas thing, but because he admired it, and has been good to me.

firesidequilter
#4 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 5:16:59 PM(UTC)
firesidequilter

I like to get Curt's quilt quilted...need to check with longarm rental to see when I can schedule time.

I need to get a dozen bowl cozies made for presents.. .

Not planning anything else, as I will not have much time when I get back from cruise!

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo...
GardenGal
#5 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 5:24:42 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

The main quilt I'd love to have finished is the Bear Paw Quilt and under my son's tree in CA.  Other than that, I'd like to get the Nov 2018 UFO red/black/white top sandwiched and quilted, not sure if it's going under a tree, but it would be nice to have it done.  I haven't even thought about Christmas sewing otherwise.  I'm having a hard time realizing that it's almost here.

Sharon, Do you want the red/black finished more than the Big Brown Bear ?    I do think BBB will go together quickly.

Good Luck!!!   

gg

--
mimi2jefftye
#6 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 5:28:34 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

I have two commission quilts to have done before Christmas, one has half of the blocks done and the other is not even cut out yet.  I also have about a dozen bowl cozies to get done, and if time allows a few potholder towels.

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
cv quilter
#7 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 5:44:14 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: GardenGal Go to Quoted Post

Sharon, Do you want the red/black finished more than the Big Brown Bear ?    I do think BBB will go together quickly.

Good Luck!!!   

gg

GG, actually I would love to have that red/black one done...I've had the top done for months and have waited for it to come up as the months UFO.  I have the backing fabric..two different flannels I am going to piece.  As I think of it, Fred really said he liked these blocks and this top and thought the flannel backing would be good.  Not sure what to do.  HMMM, you got me thinking.

Sharon
GardenGal
#8 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 5:58:00 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Sew Sharon Sew!!!!  

Sally, can you take the fabric/batting to work and get your squares cut there ???

gg

--
Leslie
#9 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 6:38:46 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Originally Posted by: GardenGal Go to Quoted Post

The main quilt I'd love to have finished is the Bear Paw Quilt and under my son's tree in CA. Other than that, I'd like to get the Nov 2018 UFO red/black/white top sandwiched and quilted, not sure if it's going under a tree, but it would be nice to have it done. I haven't even thought about Christmas sewing otherwise. I'm having a hard time realizing that it's almost here.

Sharon, Do you want the red/black finished more than the Big Brown Bear ? I do think BBB will go together quickly.
Good Luck!!!
gg

BBB, goes together super fast
Leslie
quiltertess
#10 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 6:44:37 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I need to get a Cars quilt finished for one of my great nephews.  Probably will give it to him for Christmas, but I was not really intending it as a Christmas gift.  I would like to make some wallets for my girls, but other than that, I don't really have anything planned for gifts.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Dorian
#11 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 7:24:04 PM(UTC)
Dorian

I am making a few of these, not sure how many yet, 3 or 4 at least, for Christmas gifts. But that is all I have planned right now.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
cv quilter
#12 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 7:30:37 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Dorian, how cute.  Post pics.  

Sharon
Chelle
#13 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 9:10:00 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I have the 49er quilt to get done before Dec 1, I would like to get the Pat Sloan Camping quilt blocks made and finished quilt to gift, I have a quilt I want to make for Max's friend.. then I would like to get the Christmas log cabin blocks put together.  I also have three Christmas panel quilts to make- don't think all of it will get finished.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Quiltbaby
#14 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 9:29:09 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I have to quilt the stocking quilt for my oldest Grand daughter. I want to get it done this month. She loves ChristmasbigGrin

I have 2 OBW to finish for Xmas gifts, I have several project bags to do too for gifts. . I am making blocks for a Pam Bono quilt. A xmas Gift for Tammie’s boss. I also bought a new pattern from Deb Tucker, called Northern Neighbors for the RN manager of the ER. She is our hero, getting Tammie seen so quickly last Thursday. So much gratitude to her. She is Canadian, so I am making a throw for her of red and white. The Canadian Maple Leaf and flying geese. She is also a friend. So. I’m busy. Hope I can get it all done.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Brenda
#15 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 10:41:34 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I have a hand full of baby bibs to finish for my daughters friends.  I also need to embroider a flamingo on my granddaughters fleece jacket and character from Paw Patrol on my grandson fleece jacket.  

I want to make my husband a fun set of pillow cases for our bed I bought the fabric a few years ago while on a retreat.  I would also like to make a new set of pillow cases for my daughter and her husband I just need to decide on what color and style. 

My daughters in-laws live with them and her fil is really ill so I think a nice warm lap quilt would be nice.  I have a lot of ufos that I could put together quickly.

We are not going to get any gifts for each other this year.  Not even for the kids except for home made or clothing or home items that are needed.

We are trying to make Christmas about family, Church and love not gifts. 

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Mimi
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:56:38 AM(UTC)
Mimi

I have one larger quilt to sandwich and quilt for my DSIL and two table toppers that are still in the planning stage.  The rest is finished and waiting to go to their recipients.  Lots of UFO's are in that pile and I'm very glad about that. 

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
Teatime
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:32:17 AM(UTC)
Teatime

I want to get these finished. The long one is my Nov UFO - so it's a must. And they are blocks from a QATW lotto win. Do you recognize any of the blocks? Need sandwiching, quilting, and binding. That's all!

l

No automatic alt text available.

Marian
GardenGal
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 9:51:20 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Marian, I  'think' I made that cardinal block..  might be wrong but thinking it's mine.  

Glad to see those blocks turning into something during 2018.     Sew, SEW, Finish!!

--
Quiltbaby
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:24:45 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I love those Xmas blocks! Gonna be beautiful.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
cv quilter
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:13:54 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

[quote=Leslie;

BBB, goes together super fast
[/quote]

Leslie, how big did your quilt end up being?

Sharon
Teatime
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:44:40 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Glenda - the cardinal block is one of my favorites. The state of Ohio bird 

Marian
Rss Feed  Atom Feed