Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
cv quilter
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:11:42 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sheila, love your quilt.  Is that the zipper pattern?  Your soup looks absolutely delicious.  Your sauce looks so rich and thick.  Yummy.  Fred makes a mean hamburger (he calls it stew) soup.  Problem with him is he keeps adding and adding and pretty soon we have two pots of it and while it does freeze well, we forget it's in there.  Your picture made me really hungry for hamburger soup.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Fabriholic
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:23:43 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Yes Sharon, it is the zipper pattern.  Except it is going to go the other way.  Oh Wel.   Thanks!   I will eat on the soup the rest of the week.  Some of our snow actually stuck on the ground!   Not much sewing today.  Got to leave around 11 to be at work at one.  Everyone have a good day!!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
monalee
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:46:42 AM(UTC)
monalee

No sewing last night, organized projects and made lasagna soup in my instant pot. Italian sausage is a little spicey from the 4H pig the kids bought. Plan to work on xmas blocks tonight.

It has snowed every day since last Friday, yuck! We really didn’t get much fall. I drive bus the next three weekends so not looking forward to slick roads at all.
stitchintime
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:33:44 AM(UTC)
stitchintime

Don't envy you the snow, Mona.  And I was thinking 60 degree nights was getting too chilly......

Barb
EvelynB
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:52:27 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

“Winter is nipping at our heels.” I agree, Agnes. I’m in Texas and it snowed a bit north of us already. Hamburger soup sounds like good comfort food. I like it with taco seasoning and Ranch Dressing packet. Smells like heaven and great with cornbread. Better leftover too.
I have a Christmas table runner I’ve been trying to design. Simple but the setting is on the diagonal so I have to play with the setting triangles. I want a large table runner for my dining room table. I made one last year for Halloween from some string blocks and I loved having most of the table top covered. Easier to put decorations in the center.
But first I’ve got to finish the wall hangings for my new grandsons. We’re driving down there Saturday so need to get the binding done on the second one and get the labels on them.
Brenda
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:04:39 AM(UTC)
Brenda

I am sending my husband shopping tomorrow to by white beans so he can cook white beans and ham in the crock pot. 

I will be cleaning sewing room and sewing all day.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

LauraB
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:55:44 AM(UTC)
LauraB

Nummy B - I will be right over.

I finished the little wool applique I was working on and made a little pincushion and cut the washing for the quilt.
Laura
Quote:
It is what you make it
GardenGal
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:22:30 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Love your forest blocks LB!!!   That is on my some day... one day list.  I'm sure it will be a smaller version but I think it would be one that my grandson would like.  

This is my last full day at the IA retreat.  Chelle and I need to head out a day early so she won't miss her Saturday A.M. flight out of Memphis.     It's been a good week and I'm still making progress on my 30s row quilt ( 2nd one ).   So nice to have a WEEK of concentrated fun.

gg

--
Agnes
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:58:41 AM(UTC)
Agnes

I am working on two sets of blocks. I got the sample Lanterns block sewn and am trying to finish up the Card Tricks blocks. Goal is to make a good dent on the 12 Lanterns blocks. I decided after I had everything laid out and ready to sew that I didn't like two of the cream prints. As soon as I have the replacemets cut and placed I can start sewing. I will lay out the Card Trick blocks which are almost all pieced with the sashing to make the decision if it will stay. In the photo it just seems too bold for this block. This was a scrap buster so it may be fine when I get them all lined up.

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
loveslife
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:47:28 AM(UTC)
loveslife

I've been working a bit on maple leaf placemats. I decided that I wanted to use some fall scraps to have different color leaves scattered across my tables, just like a real and beautiful Fall season!

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Fabriholic
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:33:48 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Not much sewing.  I am baking before I have to work today and tomorrow to get ready for big loop ranch rodeo concessions.  

Image may contain: dessert and food

Sheila
Today is a new day!
cv quilter
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:50:22 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sheila, I want to come to your house!!!  Are those ginger cookies?  I think I can smell them.

Sharon
EvelynB
#34 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:51:42 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Sheila,

How about sharing the name of the cookies and the recipe? I just had friends over for crafts and lunch and we enjoyed big bowls of warm hamburger taco soup. Smelled like heaven and tasted great!

Evelyn

cv quilter
#35 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:24:33 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Taco soup sounds good....I have a pot of chile cooking.  It's nice to smell it as I sew and to know that we will have a big bowl of chile with cheese and crackers!

Sharon
Cosmocat12
#36 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:07:27 PM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

OK Sharon, what time can I come over?  LOL, sounds divine.

So my home retreat day yesterday didn't exactly go to plan. I spent a large part of the morning doing things the Hubster wanted to do. Then in the afternoon was a lot of rain, so I had to go to school pickup super early to get a park, and then instead of dropping the kids off at my Mum's for a visit (because of the heavy rain) I stayed and visited as well.

So, what I actually got done was the inner borders on Top#2, and one of the outer borders.

Plans for today (besides go see a movie), are to finish borders on Top#2. Then get Top #1 and #2 basted. Then pull out the blocks for Top3# and get that made up. Might also be a good day to bake a batch of muffins too.

Tracey
quiltertess
#37 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:16:42 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Sheila, love your quilt.  Is that the zipper pattern?  Your soup looks absolutely delicious.  Your sauce looks so rich and thick.  Yummy.  Fred makes a mean hamburger (he calls it stew) soup.  Problem with him is he keeps adding and adding and pretty soon we have two pots of it and while it does freeze well, we forget it's in there.  Your picture made me really hungry for hamburger soup.

My grandmother made a dish we called ground beef stew - just ground beef, onions and potatoes and celery seasoning.  It was yummy.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
LauraB
#38 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:38:37 PM(UTC)
LauraB

That sound nummy too Tess

Ok Sheila it is official, you are always out stay at home retreat cook. Yes the cookie recipe would be nice.

I just finished a little wool pumpkin pin cushion. I will post pictures here once I log into my computer.

Now I am going to cut a few more stashing pieces for the Fancy Forest quilt. It is next on my list to finish. I must get it done before the kits for the Bench it Swap show up. I am like a little kid at Christmas, when it comes to new projects.

Thanks GG - it was a fun little quilt to make. The one I did is actually the small one. I spread the blocks out and am going to put about 2 1/2” dashing on instead of the narrow dashing the pattern calls for.

Here is the pincushion

Laura
Quote:
It is what you make it
Brenda
#39 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:11:51 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Those cookies look yummy too I just put white beans on to soak overnight so I can cook them tomorrow all day.  If I have I have my grandson this weekend I may make some cookies.  I think Saturday we are all going to the pumpkin patch in town.

I am sorting embroidery thread and putting them in order by number Floriani thread so I can hang them on my three new thread racks my husband made me.

I almost have my entire sewing room clean and ready to start sewing.

Today I ordered some blanks of pullover bibs so I can embroidery some to give to my daughters MIL to take to Central Mexico at Christmas time so her sister can give them out at baby showers.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

cv quilter
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:22:51 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Tracey, YOU come anytime you like!  Almost time to eat, but WE"D wait for you!  Or, tell me when you'll be here again and I'll make sure to make it for you.

What movie are you going to see?

Sharon
monalee
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:30:42 PM(UTC)
monalee

I had an extra long day, 5 am start so we baked chocolate chip cookies after naps. Dad came in when the second pan went in, I finished those and put the rest of the dough in the fridge for tomorrow.

Hoping to get a few rounds sewn on the xmas log cabins after dinner.
Cosmocat12
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:46:44 PM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

Thanks Sharon LOL. Maybe next time I can bring my youngest son, that boy can eat!

The movei I wanted to see was "A Simple Favor" but it's not showing during the day, so I may pass. Or even go see something else.

So far today, I have dropped the kiddo's off at school, done some grocery shopping. Visited the plant nursery to get a fungicide. Bought a new school jumper (pullover) and gone back to school to frop it off because #1 kiddo forgot one, and he needed a new size. I have laundry to fold and a new budgie cage to organise on the balcony. But the super good news is that it is about to rain all afternoon! So I will be back at my machine sewing up a storm soon.

Tracey
Rss Feed  Atom Feed