Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
crzyquilter
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:27:13 AM(UTC)
crzyquilter

Location: In The Land of the Lost, being held captive by the AZ Fabric Monster

EDITOK, I'm in for October.  #11 to start with.  It's the F150 quilt.  Edited 10-5-18

Deanne
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
Fabriholic
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:36:19 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Just reveiwing my list.  Still only have 2 on my list done,  although I have had several other finishes this year.   So, I am not going to participate in any more swaps this year unless it is a gift or mug rug.  Going to spend the next couple months working on my list.   This month, I will not be working on my #5, but will be working on #9 and #7  fall and christmas table toppers.   In between, I wil be piecing together my bearpaw as I want to get this quilted and on the bed for winter!

The fall table toppers are a pile of pumpkiny colored strings.  I have 2 toppers done and several pieces cut for the present table toppers. 

Sheila
Today is a new day!
Verla
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:47:24 PM(UTC)
Verla

Add one more item to my UFO for this month, I realized next month is November and the Thanksgiving/Fall placemats I started last October are still sitting there unfinished.  So I will work on those this month too, so they can get some use as soon as I complete them

Progress:  I have completed my 2012 Shop Hop Blocks Quilt top, it is pressed and ready to layer and start quilting now.  (I am having trouble finding where the purple backing is hiding that I bought for this but it was around last week.)  So a weekend of quilting is ahead.

October 5.  Found the backing and have the top on the frame ready to quilt now

VERLA UFOs - XMAStrees2, Green Friendship, Brights Sew OR + many more
bearpaw mama
#25 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 2:11:01 PM(UTC)
bearpaw mama

Well my number 5 is quarter square quilt and I just finished the binding on it. I will post a photo soon

Mary

Quilters are piecemakers.
GardenGal
#26 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 2:16:21 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Mary !!  That was a FAST finish!!!

gg

--
cv quilter
#27 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 6:24:12 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Mary, it'll be so nice to see your finish.  You worked on that pretty quickly and I'm sure it is lovely.  

Today (and for the last couple of days) I have had a bit of a "sideline"...my right eye is still having an issue (will this ever end?  Has been going on since Sept 2017 and continues).  Lots of blurred and non-vision.  But think I have a temp handle on it.  saw the eye doc today and while waiting for HELP Fred took me to Joanns and I found more florals to add to my already collected fabrics for my #5 Oct UFO, Floral Log Cabin.  Excited to cut some strips and make a couple of sample blocks.  My Accuquilt GO should help with this.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
cv quilter
#28 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 6:37:18 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sheila, those blocks are so cute.  I do hope you will post some pics of your finished projects.  I get it!  I have so many things going on...and now the holidays are approaching and SEW little time to SEW.   I think after the Bench It swap I have to call a halt, too.  Love all of these swaps but having some eye issues and might have to "just hold off" for a while.  But, then, something else comes along and calls to me.!!  I do really want to work on my Oct 2018 UFO and just work on things for family/friends for Christmas.  I am weak!~!!!

Sharon
cv quilter
#29 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 6:39:27 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Verla, beautiful!  

Sharon
crzyquilter
#30 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 8:45:04 PM(UTC)
crzyquilter

Location: In The Land of the Lost, being held captive by the AZ Fabric Monster

Here's a picture of the F150 quilt.  It's now pinned and ready to quilt.

Deanne
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
traildancer
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 1:28:42 PM(UTC)
traildancer

I checked my list, and 5 is my 30th Anniversary Swoon. It is still partially quilted as I haven't worked on it at all this year. I may work on it next weekend when I go home.

I am still piecing Urbanologie and that will be my main project this month. I would like to finish the top this weekend since I did not drive home.
The trail is the thing....Louis L'Amour
EliQuilts
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:28:54 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

I moved my sewing desk from my old house to my new one. It's even in the right place on the third floor! I can officially start sewing now, though I should probably grab some more things from the apartment instead. Or sleep, that's a good option as well.
Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
cv quilter
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 8:48:22 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: EliQuilts Go to Quoted Post
I moved my sewing desk from my old house to my new one. It's even in the right place on the third floor! I can officially start sewing now, though I should probably grab some more things from the apartment instead. Or sleep, that's a good option as well.

SLEEP is a good thing after moving.  What a chore moving is!  SOON you will find time to sew.  I hope your new home is a wonderful new start for you and your family.  Night, night.

Sharon
GardenGal
#34 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:17:12 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

I had already finished my '5' so for this month I chose to finish my Bee Wool Candle mat. woohoo Picture later if possible. Internet connection is slow at best.
gg

--
cv quilter
#35 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:53:26 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: GardenGal Go to Quoted Post
I had already finished my '5' so for this month I chose to finish my Bee Wool Candle mat. woohoo Picture later if possible. Internet connection is slow at best. gg
Image may contain: indoor

Here it is!!!  Adorable!  Love it GG!

Sharon
Bonita
#36 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:14:50 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Managed to get #5 pin basted today. On to the part I like least to do.

Bonita
cv quilter
#37 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:42:38 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Bonita, I love your top!  This theme,, as well as western, speaks to me.  You say the part you like least to do is ?  Is it quilting it?  You always do such a nice job!

Sharon
LaDawn
#38 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:31:00 PM(UTC)
LaDawn

I have been very involved with my new grandbaby and familly. They had a sudden job change, so I went out to help them pack and drive from Salt Lake City to Idaho Falls.  

I'm back and somewhat caught up on housework and such.

My number five is one that I've wanted to work on cuz it would be a somewhat quick finish, but I am still working on September's UFO. I'm determined to finish it before cold weather really hits. We need a new queen size quilt on our bed!

However, I am also working on a UFO that did not get put on my list because all I had was a pattern and desire. So, it's really a new project....

i'm loving catching up with everyone's projects! (And I really want to start a new one for Halloween).

firesidequilter
#39 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:11:38 PM(UTC)
firesidequilter

Chelle picked my Tools of the Trade for my UFO for October!

I finished it today, quilted & bound, at the Iowa Retreat!

https://www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com/gallery/fullsize.aspx?aid=11449&pid=87045

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo...
cv quilter
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:27:02 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Finally, today, I started my Oct UFO, the Floral Watercolor Log Cabin.  I made 4 blocks, and the 4th one was a winner..  Sew, I will continue to make these until I have enough for a quilt....probably a large lap quilt.This is going to take a while to make all blocks I need, as each block is individually made, NO chain piecing except the beginning two/three  pieces.  

Sharon
traildancer
#41 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 5:06:37 PM(UTC)
traildancer

I did get the top finished last weekend.  I wasn't too sure about the light secodary background fabric, but now that it is complete it looks okay.  Grunge fabric is very, very nice to work with.

Since I finished up Urbanologie (29), I started on this one, Autumn Stars (55), a lap quilt from the Sew Sampler Box I get every month.  Very cute pattern.

No work will be done on Swoon (5) this weekend because my husband got an elk this morning and tomorrow we will go up with the horses and pack it out.  The best laid plans.  He said the rack was not that big, but the animal was quite large.  Good for our freezer.

Now to pick out what to work on next week in my little trailer!

The honeybee quilt is adorable.

The trail is the thing....Louis L'Amour
cv quilter
#42 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 5:28:45 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Traildancer, Your Urbanlogic is so unique.  Love the look of your top.  Your autumn stars will be gorgeous!

I wish I had more to report on my Oct UFO, but I am making a bit of progress.  This is a bit time consuming, as I am making each block individually due to the nature of the design.  I am not chainpiecing and each block takes a bit of thinking and planning, and I still don't know if I'm going to "pull it off".  I have big ideas, and they don't always come to fruition.   It will be a floral log cabin, but may not be a watercolor log cabin. 

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed