Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Eponine1984
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 9:21:11 PM(UTC)
Eponine1984

I watched Alias Grace on Netflix and was amazed at all the quilts they had! They play a bit of a role in the story - Grace is hand piecing a log cabin quilt, the maids are often washing & hanging to dry quilts on the clothes line, making up the beds.

(The show is based on a Margaret Atwood story, author of the Handmaid's Tale, and it has the same ominous vibe. Grace is accused of murdering the people she works for, but a doctor becomes fascinated by her story and interviews her to discover the truth of her guilt or innocence. It's not scary, but it's not a feel-good cheerful story).

Have you seen any other shows or movies with gorgeous quilts or featuring quilters? Considering how much of a history quilts have, I love spotting them in shows.

Well-behaved women rarely make history ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
EvelynB
#2 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 9:24:34 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

The Hallmark Chanñel has many quilts on beds in various movies. They tend to use the same ones over and over but they are lovely, especially the ones in the bed and breakfasts.
Chelle
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:03:01 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Ok so Big Brother fans, have any of you been looking at the DR hallway walls and thought, thats basically a quilt?

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Eponine1984
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:00:05 PM(UTC)
Eponine1984

Chelle, I'm always seeing quilt designs in floors and walls on TV shows - I make DH rewind so I can take a picture of the TV. (a totally normal thing to do, right?)

There's also a commercial for WSFS Bank that has a little girl making a tent with a quilt.

Well-behaved women rarely make history ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
GardenGal
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:18:29 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Yes Chelle, I see what you see!!  Lots of wedges and HSTs and quilty elements!!

gg

--
Teatime
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:37:59 PM(UTC)
Teatime

The George Clooney character in the movie The Decendents tries to reconnect with his two daughters after his wife is seriously injured in a boating accident. The wife has a quilt on her bed in the hospital throughout the movie. It ends with the family enjoying a night in front of the TV under that very quilt. So sweet.

On a negative note on the Property Brothers (validated why I do not like them!) There was a quilt in the house the featured family wanted to sell. And the property brothers said – look how old fashion and out of date this quilt is- just like the house. Of course – they got a new beautiful renovation and don’t you know it – at the end of the show – the kids were all under that very quilt enjoying a night of popcorn and  TV. Property brothers stink!

Marian
Rss Feed  Atom Feed