Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
RsIslandCrafts
#43 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:52:17 AM(UTC)
RsIslandCrafts

Verla your quilt is stunning.

I've decided that after 18 months of working on my wips that I'm ready to take a break from them for a bit. Of course I still have several on my list to get finished but it has been feeling more like a chore than something I look forward to. I've had the same wip sitting on my table for three months now. I'll finally be quilting it today but for now I think I will take a break. I'll still pop in and see what everyone else is getting accomplished and maybe I'll be ready to join back in if y'all do this again next year. Happy WiPping!!

~Robin

Chelle
#44 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:33:49 AM(UTC)
Chelle

No worries Robin, I understand.  It can get overwhelming and as you said start to feel like a chore.  I hope you are happy with the progress you have made doing this :)

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
GardenGal
#45 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:31:56 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Originally Posted by: RsIslandCrafts Go to Quoted Post

Verla your quilt is stunning.

I've decided that after 18 months of working on my wips that I'm ready to take a break from them for a bit. Of course I still have several on my list to get finished but it has been feeling more like a chore than something I look forward to. I've had the same wip sitting on my table for three months now. I'll finally be quilting it today but for now I think I will take a break. I'll still pop in and see what everyone else is getting accomplished and maybe I'll be ready to join back in if y'all do this again next year. Happy WiPping!!

I can relate more than you know.  The amount of WIPs around had starting bringing me down and it just wasn't fun so I stopped..   Even walking near my sewing areas was a real downer.  So messy.. cluttered and I can handle dust but I can't handle clutter well.  So I just stopped.    Maybe after some time you will find your mojo again.   It happened for me when a friend came for a visit and sort of pushed me into grabbing some projects that were either on top of the piles or simply had the best chance of getting finished with the least amount of effort.  

Even though I'm glad to be sewing, sometime on some projects I get that familar feeling of 'this isn't really fun' and what I do is set a timer for 20 minutes and put my head down and do as much work as I can.  I don't allow myself to get distracted by anything.   Almost like I am at work and this is my job and I want to make progress and know in just 20 minutes I can go do anything I want.. even if it's taking a nap or pulling weeds.   Some days I just get 20 minutes done and I'm out of my sewing room and other times a couple of hours go by because it started being FUN again...     

If you can't feel joy, you might consider WORKING it as I described.  Those 20 minute sessions can and do add up and you'll get one more WIP finished and out of your sewing zone. 

--
cv quilter
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:14:20 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Our grandson had a serious surgery done on his leg today.  We spent 3 1/2 hours at surgery center today.

Came home and caught up with family messages.

Went into my sewing room (my haven...decompress, relax, think) and finally pulled my Kona white and some color fabrics I think will go well with FarmGirlVintage/Washed them, pressed them, trimmed the edges (LOTS of threads to cut off) and will get my sashings cut after I finally figure out what I want to do.

Fred has date with packing weekend food bags for needy families tomorrow, so think I can work in there and make some progress.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Chelle
#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:18:06 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Sharon, I hope your grandson is doing well.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
cv quilter
#48 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:32:06 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Thanks, Chelle.  He is doing well today....INCREDIBLE the surgery they do and then send the patient home.  His mom is an RN and his dad is a paramedic and luckily they have connections in the medical field.  He is good tonight...Time will tell if the surgery is successful, but the outlook is great.  He's young (17) and if he can stay away from any weight bearing on that leg for 3 months (a BIG task for a 17 year old) the prognosis is good.  I think the hardest part is to hold him down.  Who in the world is going to do that??? LOL

Sharon
Bonita
#49 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:23:16 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Sharon, sorry to hear about your DGS. Glad he's doing well. By the end of the first month you'll have to go sit on him to keep him down.

Bonita
EliQuilts
#50 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:09:23 AM(UTC)
EliQuilts

Poor kid.  Hope he heals quickly.  The one advantage of being a toddler with a broken femur is that it only took a month for him to get the cast removed (and another week or two for him to remember how to use his legs.) I'm still depressed from that month and a couple other things that happened right afterward, but Kerry's bounding around like nothing happened.  Literally this morning.

ah, but my suicidal ideation this week has been a trial. sigh.  I'm a bit better yesterday and today.

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
cv quilter
#51 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:43:34 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Thank you all for good thoughts for Logan.  He's doing OK today, think the meds are wearing off.  

Elizabeth, hope you are feeling much better today.  

Sharon
cv quilter
#52 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:45:05 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I have all the blocks for the Farm Girl Vintage (Sept UFO) sewn together and all sashings sewn on.  SEW cute!!!  Hanging it on my design wall and deciding whether to make more blocks (one more row of 4) before I add borders.

Sharon
Verla
#53 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:53:54 PM(UTC)
Verla

https://quiltingaroundtheworld.com/gallery/fullsize.aspx?aid=131&pid=86836

TROPICAL DREAMS - BLURPLE STRIPS Swap blocks #6 UFO completed. 

65x54 Trin size.  Machine quilted by me.   

Thank heavens for Basting spray or it might have had no chance.  It is my new quilting friend

VERLA UFOs - XMAStrees2, Green Friendship, Brights Sew OR + many more
cv quilter
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 6:06:19 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Verla, super pretty and a great finish!

I have three more blocks made for my Farm Girl Vintage.  One more to make and I'll add them to the others and put borders.  Will have it finished this month!

Sharon
monalee
#55 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:00:23 PM(UTC)
monalee

I found my B.B. blocks from Austen family. No clue where the patterns are now. I have blocks 8-10 cut out, so will look thru the files for pictures. It will be a small quilt. Photo in gallery
Leslie
#56 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 7:38:05 AM(UTC)
Leslie

Beautiful,Verla
Leslie
traildancer
#57 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 9:05:47 AM(UTC)
traildancer

Here is Storybook Farm by McKenna Ryan.  I quilted diagonal lines about an inch apart across the face, but not the cat to give the illusion of it looking through the screen at the bird in the sunflowers.  The little quilt on the clothesline is actually quilted (!) because the directions call for the items to be loose on the line.  And I didn't decide to do the window thing until later.  There are little tiny clothespins to attach.    I did some pebbles at the feet of the chickens.  Because of the farm theme, I decided to quilt "e-i-e-i-o" in the dark border between the cat and the chickens.  Away I went and when I was done I realized that I had quilted "e-e-i-o".  I was going to rip it out in the morning and do it over, but when the morning came and I looked at the quilt I decided no one would ever know but me--and now the internet!  Sigh.

And here is Prairie Star Baskets.  This is a pattern from Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting, Sept/Oct 2010 issue.  This has been number one on my list for a long time and it is finally a top.  Yay!

I like the quilted grid squares in the table runner.  I hope your friend enjoys her gift.  You did a nice job.

One of the things I like about this thread is the chance to see what other people are working on and how you each put fabrics together and the quilting you choose.  We all do the same thing and yet each project is so different!  Thanks for sharing.

The trail is the thing....Louis L'Amour
cv quilter
#58 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 9:15:21 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

OOH, I love the Storybook Farms Quilt!  McKenna Ryan has some wonderful patterns.  This one is so fun!  You did an awesome job quilting it.

I think the Prairie Star Baskets is going to be a GORGEOUS quilt.  Red and white is always awesome.

Sharon
GardenGal
#59 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:13:33 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

I've gotten back to my Sept project and today I quilted ONE of the 4 rows.    

Very nice work Traildancer! 

--
EliQuilts
#60 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 7:20:05 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

So, I guess we're moving next week. To a house across town that we're buying. I'm rather more terrified than anything else.

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
Bonita
#61 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 6:51:40 AM(UTC)
Bonita

Good luck on your move Eli.

So far I've managed to get the top together, hope to baste it this morning. No school today so I have the girls all day and I'm sure they will want to do something fun.

Bonita
GardenGal
#62 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:51:43 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

E, there's no place like HOME especially when you own the house.     Happy for you guys.

gg

--
monalee
#63 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 9:40:33 AM(UTC)
monalee

Hoping to sash the blocks I have done for Austen family and quilt it. I plan to donate it to the nursing home here my friend was in.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed