Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
cv quilter
#41 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:07:42 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Day 7 - I have the August UFO quilted and trimmed, so will put the binding on it and throw it in the washer...my favorite part of making a quilt..taking it out of the dryer!!! PRICELESS.  I am going to decide on another August UFO to work on since I will be done with She Who Sews and the other quilt I made as a backing. I need to take the hand held vac and clean off my design wall.  Lots of threads on it.  Might as well vacuum the floor, too!

On Day 6 I did get my counter/desk cleaned off and things put away.  Looks real nice.   

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
GardenGal
#42 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:00:30 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

GREAT job Sharon!!!    

gg

--
Brenda
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 12:47:06 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Those who know me know I am not a morning person and with this challenge I am jumping out of bed into the shower and ready to head into the sewing room after my breakfast.  I was up late last night well into this morning working on block designs and chatting with Veronica and Frances.  The time change of  hours makes it a bit strange we are heading to bed and she is drinking her morning coffee.  I will stay up as late as she wants to chat I love that woman.  I hope to someday meet her.  

Todays plans are to sew all of the zipper strip pieces together.  I also want to cut sashings and borders for it.

Glenda Thank you again for this challenge and I am going to continue on as long as I can sew without grandkids in the mix.

Happy sewing, embroidering and quilting all my friends.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Agnes
#44 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:52:18 AM(UTC)
Agnes

Though I am not taking part in this challenge I love to read about the progress you gals are making. I am a born organizer so keeping things in order is as much part of my day as eating and sleeping. Keep up your good progress.

from gg -  I was just leaving my sewing room after a long day and turned back around to straighten up a bit before I left.  Maybe I will make this a habit instead of a chore. 

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
cv quilter
#45 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:14:27 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Today is Day 8 for the Best Friend Challenge.   I decided I wanted to continue on with the challenge.  I am working in sewing room and pulling fabrics for the Boots and Bandanas Quilt or Table Runner I am making on the embroidery machine.  My cutting tables are a mess, but it's going to be a fun project.  Making this project I'm able to use up a lot of fabrics that I wasn't sure what to do with.

from gg:  WOW  I just posted in my blog that I wanted to keep going until I was happy with my sewing room.  GLAD to see I have good company!!!  

Sharon
cindynvb
#46 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:11:33 PM(UTC)
cindynvb

Day 4 was Wednsday, did't get too much done0, everytime I see something out of place I bring it to where it goes and continued working on a really old UFO. It was taking up too much space, lol.

Day 5 was today, same as yesterday.  Also spent some time trying decide on a pattern for my lttle granddaughter's I spy quilt. I think I will be using the economy block . Not really quick but I think it will help pull all the different colors together.

Brenda
#47 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 3:32:46 AM(UTC)
Brenda

Day 7 My day was full of sewing and laughing at myself as I kept mixing up the piecing for my zipper quilt.  I did manage to sew all four long rows together now they just need pressed and measured to make sure I am happy with the way over all length and width.  I will be adding sashing between the blocks.  I will also be adding a thinner border all the way around and then a four inch final border so I have to add all those in.

Brenda

cv quilter
#48 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 12:11:02 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Day 9 - working on my Boots and Bandanas embroidery project.  Just a bit ago I took some of the designs I have on thumb drive and put them into my Catalog It program and categorized them.

Now on to embroidery project!

Sharon
GardenGal
#49 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 2:39:33 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Day 8 here and I cleaned a tiny bit in my sewing room.. it's getting harder and harder to find things I can improve...   The bulk I'm still seeing is just fabric I need to sew...  I really don't have any other place to put these collections.

I am quilting on Coffee & Cream quilt and wanted to finish the quilting today but my back tells me that's a bit too much to tackle.  But I've quilted over 1/3 and I'm happy about that.    Now thinking about my next project...  that's a bag from the last retreat with my blue and cream CWR blocks.. the center is done but it needs a thin border around it and then 2 more rows of 9 patches...   I could work on that during my quilting breaks possibly.

--
cv quilter
#50 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 6:02:08 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Four blocks done for my Boots and Bandanas project.  Love them!  I actually cleaned all the fabric off of my cutting tables and have put them in the proper plastic bins.  Likely I will take them all out again tomorrow, but the tables are cleaned off and cutting tools, rulers put away.  Gonna go spend time with Fred and watch a little TV, have a rum and pepsi and relax.

Sharon
cv quilter
#51 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 3:00:15 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

This is Day10 for me and I'm still motivated.  Had some errands to run and was in Walmart and they a three drawer plastic rolling cart for $10.97 and one came home with me.  Clearing out a space in my sewing room and going to use it to organize some of my fabrics/supplies.  Then I'll be working on my Boots and Bandanas.  I'm thinking I'm going to go for a quilt.  These blocks are so cute and fun to make.

Sharon
Brenda
#52 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 3:55:10 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I am still hanging in there too I have been able to sew and embroider everday since we started challenge 

Brenda

Veronica
#53 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 5:49:58 PM(UTC)
Veronica

Okay, I'm ready to join in the Best Friend challenge.  I'll be starting tomorrow as today is already paced with family stuff going on.  Since my sewing area is in the living room and kept at a pretty neat level my hope is to work on the garage where I store sewing stuff (along with other things).  I'll be working on a game plan and making a chart in my blog.  (You know I love charts!)  I'm hoping this week before school starts will be a super productive week for planning, cleaning, and sewing.

...hanging on to the threads of life.
GardenGal
#54 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:29:21 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

welcome V !!

Day 9, the quilting is finished and the binding is cut.  Hope I can get it sewn on tomorrow.  Would love that!

gg

--
Annette
#55 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 9:43:31 PM(UTC)
Annette

My Day 2:   Moved out several large boxes, carried them upstairs (my sewing room is walk-out basement level) to get them out of the way temporarily.   Did go thru a couple, one being magazines (not all quilting), which I sorted thru and tossed some.   The other box was also cleared out (couple more ufos!) and hope to reorganize my findings in that one as I sort thru the others.   I know I initially packed some of these in a hurry, so there's no organization to the contents at all.

Annette-IA
Teatime
#56 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 7:06:32 AM(UTC)
Teatime

Day #3  I worked on HSTs for my Round Robin challenge. Last one - then I will get mine back in October. I must complete my quilt for Show and Tell early next year.

Not much organizing - except I bought a cute drawer of 3 for "this and that". That should help with the clutter. And it's pink. So cute. We were supposed to buy more stuff - right?

No automatic alt text available.

Marian
GardenGal
#57 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 2:59:13 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

I love it !!  I'm sure it will help keep the clutter down a bit! 

--
firesidequilter
#58 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 3:14:57 PM(UTC)
firesidequilter

DAY 1 of challenge for me!

I ordered new needle threader and 1/4" foot for my machine!

I also "resumed quilting on UFO#4" that I started on at Oklahoma Retreat.

I starting to sort out FQS for Iowa Retreat and I have started "the pile" for retreat.

Good friends make ya laugh; really good ones make ya snort!
GardenGal
#59 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 4:50:27 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Not too late to start.  Lots of days left in August!!  Hope you get loads done during your 7 Donna.

Busy family day here so not sure I can get to my sewing room.  I did show Jace's quilt to his dad and he wanted to take it now but I told him it needed binding.  :)  So happy it was wanted.  

--
Teatime
#60 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 5:11:13 PM(UTC)
Teatime

GG - so happy your quilt is wanted! Does not always happen. For some reason. 

Marian
Rss Feed  Atom Feed