Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

ClassicBeauty
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 3:23:45 PM(UTC)
ClassicBeauty

Will there be a Row by Row swap, contest, or lottery?

Here is the one from Stash in Walla Walla

Row by Row

Sew Forth and Sew On!
monalee
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:52:25 PM(UTC)
monalee

Since the theme is musical, I am not getting many. I need to grab a few more for my Wyoming quilt.
jcorsbie
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:34:43 AM(UTC)
jcorsbie

We have never done that before but that sounds like so much fun.  I just got out of the hospital and have guests for the next 2 weeks and my granddaughter all summer but I will try and write it up this week --- unless I have a vlounteer -- just pm me if you want to do it.  I, personally, love the musical theme.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
stitchintime
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 11:00:50 AM(UTC)
stitchintime

Jann, hope that hospital stay wasn't serious and you are recovering well.

Barb
Bonita
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:41:34 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Jann, sorry to hear about your hospital stay, never a fun place to be. Hope you're doing well.

Bonita
jcorsbie
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:09:26 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

I did a really stupid thing.  I grabbed a sturdy and proper ladder, instead of a chair I normally used, and lost my balance.  Unfortunatley I was up high and in the garage and lost my balance and fell flat on my back onton the concrete floor.  My head bounced like a basketball.  I ended up with bruises everywhere, a cracked tailbone and a huge red bump on the back of my head.  But no concussion.  They made me stay overnight to check on the concussion.  So crazy.  I have been stacking chairs on chairs for years, never fell  and finally listened to everyone and used a proper safety ladder this time and fell splat.

jann

stitchintime
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:10:11 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

OUCH Jann, glad you didn't end up with more broke bones.  It could have been so much worse.  You are probably use to being super careful on those chairs and ladder rungs can be so unstable.  I have a ladder with platform rungs that are much more stable when I have to climb high.  Of course, i have discovered that I can no longer carry stuff in both hands while doing it   Arnica gel really helps for healing the bruises.

Barb
ClassicBeauty
#8 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 7:07:24 AM(UTC)
ClassicBeauty

Jann! How scary for you!!! And painful, too! 

Yes, I've piled chairs on table and all sorts of configurations...but I did give in as well and buy a short, wide platform step ladder with a high handle. It is more portable than random chairs, but I will say that standing up on the wide seat of a chair is more stable than ladder slats!

Hope you are healing well! Glad you don't have a concussion! Glad the sewing arms are both good! 

Sew Forth and Sew On!
EvelynB
#9 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 1:17:56 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Wow, Jann! You're lucky to be with us. What a frightening accident. You're lucky you didn't split your skull open.
"but I did give in as well and buy a short, wide platform step ladder with a high handle" I also bought one of those step ladders. Nice to have a tall hadle and platform for buckets or tools. The steps are so much more stable than a ladder or chair.
GloBug
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 4:02:05 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Oh my goodness Jann!!  I'm so sorry to hear about your scary fall.  I'm so glad that you are doing better but still, how awful to fall like that!  

I had seen a recent Row By Row with an Elvis theme.  It was from a quilt shop in Nevada of all places, lol!!  If I find it again, I'm going to buy it for you!!

Take care.

jcorsbie
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 6:17:39 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

Thanks every one — everything is good but the darn tail bone. Nothing you can do but let it heal. Barb thanks for the name of the cream. I went to my massage therapist right after I got home and she does some kind of special rub (maybe uses that cream?) and the bruises are almost gone.
jann

loveslife
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 9:22:29 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Wow Jann. Sorry to hear about your fall. Glad you are healing, and no concussion. Take care

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Fernie
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 11:15:08 PM(UTC)
Fernie

Oh, gosh, Jann! So scary! I’m so very thankful it wasn’t any worse—certainly bad enough. I can’t climb at all anymore because of balance issues. Very frustrating when you just need to get something done. Prayers for a speedy recovery. I cracked my tailbone once, roller blading. It will eventually feel better!
QuiltingSandyR
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:27:59 PM(UTC)
QuiltingSandyR

Yikes Jann! Glad you're ok.

Life is short. Make all the quilts you can.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed