Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Chelle
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 8:41:07 PM(UTC)
Chelle

This weekend I was asked if I had thought of sewing designs on canvas guitar straps.  I said no and when he gave me an idea of what he was thinking (he paints guitars and was thinking of matching designs on straps). I said that it may work with an embroidery machine, which I don't have.  I follow a lady that thread paints with her treadle but I am not that talented, so I started wondering if it was possible to do what he was thinking- so I figured I would ask here.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
jcorsbie
#2 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 8:37:51 AM(UTC)
jcorsbie

It depends on a lot of things: 

1)  What type of material is the strap and how thick.  My parents owned a music shop for 55 years and I remember most of the straps being fairly thick.  I am not sure there is a needle that could penetrate the fabric.  

2)  If he wants a custom design, the embroiderer would have to be able to draw the design, scan it in a software that is capable of digitizing the design. And then there are still the sewing issues above.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
Chelle
#3 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 9:24:01 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Looking at Max's straps I am thinking the featherweight could work on it, its just doing the thread "art" on it.  I figure there's probably not an embriodery machine thats heavy duty like the featherweight huh?  When I look on etsy I see leather straps and then straps made with fabric, and I'm not sure if he would be interested in something like that as he had mentioned using canvas.  Then again.... We had some things embroidered onto martial art belts, maybe I can find out who did those and see what machine they use.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Rss Feed  Atom Feed