Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
JudyT
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 12:05:08 AM(UTC)
JudyT

At a family gathering last year, my grandson-in-law whispered to my granddaughter, "I think I'm the only family member who hasn't received a quilt". When I was told this I was horrified that I'd forgotten that lovely boy. Guess what he got for Christmas and wrapped himself in the whole evening!

Otherwise, I'm selective who I give quilts to. Immediate family all have at least one. Daughter has a pile and always wants more. Eldest son and wife have one each but they are never displayed or used. They won't get more. I keep making quilts and more quilts. Every now and then someone is in need; a neighbors husband died, another is fighting cancer, one in early stages of Alzheimers. They have all been so appreciative of the gift of a quilt. 

I've had to slow down, waay down, in recent months but have a queen size in progress for middle son's wedding quilt and hope to complete by Christmas. He and his wife both already have lap size quilts I made but they wanted a bed quilt. I'm happy to comply.

Judy in the Pacific Northwest
monalee
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 9:57:35 AM(UTC)
monalee

My family are blankey babies, all of them. I never seem to be able to keep one for myself. I got a king bed so I need to make myself a king quilt one day soon. I have a queen and raggy quilt for myself, no extras. I do donate several during the year too
Rss Feed  Atom Feed