Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cosmocat12
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 3:08:21 AM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

Who watched the Royal wedding. What did everyone think of Megan's wedding gown? And the other fashions of the day?

It was broadcast at a reasonable time here in Australia. ceremony at about 9pm. I curled up on the couch for the duration and thoroughly enjoyed watching the spectacle. 

Loved her wedding dress, though I thought it should have had some small embelishments on it. The long veil, spectacular! I thought she needed just a touch of lipstick.

I enjoyed seeing all the guest fashions as well, I think Amal Clooney was my favorite. Oh and Serena Williams looked amazing too. 

Tracey
EliQuilts
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 12:07:12 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

It happened to be on PBS when I turned the tv on yesterday morning (usually, it's cartoons. We turned to another channel because weddings are boring when you're 4) Only thing that registered is how genuinely happy the pair looked.  I'm not sure they really noticed anyone else.

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
GloBug
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 1:08:49 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Hi Tracey, I watched the Royal Wedding.  In California, the coverage started at 1:30am, so I just stayed up until the end of the carriage ride after the wedding....went to bed around 5:30am.

To me, Meghan's gown is an instant classic...one that if viewed 30 years from now will appear timeless and eliquent.  I loved her 16 ft. vail as well.  She presented herself so "regally", subtle assertive yet with a calm demeanor.  She was a beautiful bride for sure.

I enjoyed seeing the arrival of Harry and William...a couple of brothers, one who had a bit of the jitters.

I basically admired the whole event!  Congratulations to the very happy couple. 

deb.morseth
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 2:44:07 PM(UTC)
deb.morseth

I watched just from the brothers coming in through the carriage ride leaving. It was a repeat broadcast at 11 am on PBS, perfect for me. I loved the service, loved Harry wiping tears from his eyes, and Meghan's incredible grace. Meghan looked beautiful, but I loved Kate's dress better. Enjoyed the sermon so much. And the celloist's music, so lovely. Beautiful day, beautiful wedding.
MN DEB from Mall of America land
Nancy_MN
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 4:33:12 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

I recorded the wedding and played it last evening when I sat in my sewing room for the first time in 2 weeks. Not sure if I was so happy because the couple looked truly in love, or if it was because I was actually sewing. I agree Amal Clooney stole the show in her bright golden yellow dress.

Do you think Meghan and Harry will have children? At 36, she should get right on that!

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
tracyh
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 5:20:21 PM(UTC)
tracyh

I watched too - from the brothers coming in until the end of the carriage ride. I loved Meghan's dress. I just thought classic. Loved that Harry looked just a little nervous, like most grooms! I thought Prince Charles was great for stepping in and walking Meghan down the aisle and how he was there for Meghan's mother after the service. I thought it was a beautiful service for them.

I watched Meghan in Suits from the beginning - love that show. Not sure how it will be now that Mike and Rachel have left. 

Tracy

cv quilter
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:04:58 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I did not stay up for the wedding...would have loved to, but sleep beckoned.  I watched the utube videos the next morning....saw the sweet exchange of vows, have seen the video of Meghan walking along then with Prince Charles, absolutely was wowed by the simplicity yet elegance of her gown. I agree that her gown is classic and will live on and on.  I know that her style will be copied over and over again.   Meghan is incredibly beautiful, everytime I see her, yet she was even more beautiful at her wedding to Harry.  Harry...how sweet is he?...I loved the wiping of tears, the nervousness he exhibited, and then the total love between the two of them.  I would love to have been there, to see the regality and the majesty of this wedding, but am so happy that I got a glimpse of the day.  I actually enjoyed some of the simplicity of the day,  more than the majesty.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
GloBug
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 9:13:34 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Originally Posted by: Nancy_MN Go to Quoted Post

Do you think Meghan and Harry will have children? At 36, she should get right on that!

My dd is 37 and having her first child.  I'm betting that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will concieve before the end of the year!

Cosmocat12
#9 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 12:29:08 AM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

I had my kids at 38 and 40, so there is time.My guess is that they will start right away!

Tracey
elliebell650
#10 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 5:26:18 AM(UTC)
elliebell650

Tracey I stayed up as well well Colin and Jackie stayed up with me. We enjoyed everything about it and had a laugh when the American minister went off on a tangent it was like oops. Even the Royal family had a little snigger.
I wish them every happiness and I would expect them to have their family when they are ready.
Like Tracey says they have a little while yet. My mother was 42 when she had my sister and there's nothing wrong with her other than she was spoilt rotten. lol
Marg
Agnes
#11 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 7:10:16 AM(UTC)
Agnes

I just got word that one of our nieces had her first, suspect will be only baby, recently. She turned 50 a few months ago. DH's Mom was 44 at the time of the last child being born. Like many other late children she too was spoiled rotten as was my youngest sibling who was born when Mom was 40. Being in Canada I had opportunity many times over to watch either the full 5 hour rerun or many condensed versions.

It was a lovely affair. I think my favorite scene was not during the service but Meghan arriving and first glimpse of the toothless page boy in the car window. A close second was Harry and Meghan's leaving for the reception in the blue sports car. There were so many elements that says they are truly a unique couple and broke many old traditions. 

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
Brenda
#12 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 11:00:44 AM(UTC)
Brenda

I loved the wedding too.  I loved her dress.  The Queen never seems to age.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

elliebell650
#13 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 8:52:49 PM(UTC)
elliebell650

Agnes I too loved seeing the little boy without his teeth do you think he will be embarrassed in yrs to come lol
We see the royals a lot here in OZ and I never really noticed just how tiny the Queen was, is.
Marg
Agnes
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:09:14 AM(UTC)
Agnes

Marg--Hard to say whether the little fellow will rue those famous shots as he ages. I would guess he would be.

Late DH and I had the occasion to attend a state dinner when the Queen and Prince Philip were in Canada in 1973. I was close during their walkabout after dinner that I could hear the conversation when the prince stopped to chat with the fellow in front of me while the queen was across the room. She'd be about 5 feet tall, roughly same height as I am, though I rather imagine that she has shrunk a few inches by now.

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
jcorsbie
#15 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 5:40:36 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

I got at  am when CBS started their broadcast.  Loved every minute of the wedding and all the commentaries.  Megan was a beautiful, classy bride.  Her dress was very her and she looked lovely in it.  The veil was spectacular -- hand embroidered all the way around with flowers of the Commonwealth and of California -- such a beautiful touch.  Megan's mom was very brave to be the only one from her family there and with all the noise the press  made about the antics of  her half sister, half brother etc.  Both Megan and her mom han dled it with grace.   I wish them all the happiness in the world and hope they can survive through all the demands put on them.  Loved how much they are in love.

I used my beautiful gold and white cup and dessert plate I received from Sharon, cv quilter in the swap.  And ate what was left of the delicious bisquits she sent.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed