Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Brenda
#22 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 12:05:42 AM(UTC)
Brenda

I am still holding tight to my money too.  I think I am just to busy to go shopping.  Someday I will have a few days off.  I am not sure when.  Someday soon I hope

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Mawlinda
#23 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 6:20:16 AM(UTC)
Mawlinda

I have been forgetting to post here. But still holding on. I did buy a small piece of skin/flesh for sunbonnet sue swap at the closing shop. Told them about this challenge and they said that's why the shop is closing, cause I hadn't bought anything since the end of last year.

They are now at 30% off and said they hope to close before the shop hop in Aug. I will try not to go till the end of June.  

Linda
Nancy_MN
#24 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 8:57:22 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Ouch, Linda! It's true that this challenge isn't doing anything good for our local shops. Do you think nationally, the quilting craze is slowing down, or do most people who took up quilting in the past 15 years now have huge stashes and so it's just buying that is slowing down?
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Pat A. in KY
#25 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 9:55:17 AM(UTC)
Pat A. in KY

Holding strong too.  Have enough to finish without adding to it.  

Pat A. in KY
dogsbody
#26 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 10:21:21 AM(UTC)
dogsbody

I had a bit of money, and there were 2 pieces of fabric I'd been drooling over for several months....Next round.

jcorsbie
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 5:01:17 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

I have fallen off the wagon this week -- darn it.  But I am going to dust myself off and get right back on it -- one day at a time.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
GardenGal
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 4:46:09 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

I think it's a combination..  We all had so much fun collecting it and now we are sitting back (from the next room ) looking at just how much we have and wondering if there is any chance we'll use even half of it.   Ten years ago it was hard to find a movie or TV program without a quilt in it and now it's rare to see them.   I still have them in every room and think I always will.  Good things come back around so it'd be nice for quilts to make a huge come back.  

Originally Posted by: Nancy_MN Go to Quoted Post
Ouch, Linda! It's true that this challenge isn't doing anything good for our local shops. Do you think nationally, the quilting craze is slowing down, or do most people who took up quilting in the past 15 years now have huge stashes and so it's just buying that is slowing down?

--
2manyhorses
#29 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:36:59 AM(UTC)
2manyhorses

Wow such determination and will power.I have way more fabric than 2 Quilter's will use in a lifetime but still find myself in the quilt shop on a regular basis.I am an addict and they keep bringing out such beautiful new fabrics I am hopeless but I love it
cv quilter
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:00:28 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: 2manyhorses Go to Quoted Post
I am an addict and they keep bringing out such beautiful new fabrics I am hopeless but I love it

I just recently told myself I MUST BE AN ADDICT..a fabric addict.  I tell myself no more fabric, I tell Fred no more fabric, then I see a tutorial for a really neat quilt or a fabric email in the morning, or stop in to the LQS or Joann's and I'm a goner.  Problem is when I see a tutorial and download the pattern, I get fabric I think will make the pattern, then I don't make it.    But I have lots of pretty fabric

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Agnes
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:15:21 AM(UTC)
Agnes

I fell off the fabric horse. The fabric I will NEED to finish up a quilt in the making plus have enough for the binding is in final clearance. There are similar fabrics available currently at about twice the price so I ordered it online. I have very little fabric in my stash or projects started. If and when I finish off the bulk of this I will be able to totally change focus without any guilt. 

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
Nancy_MN
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:37:10 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

I do believe I will make it through this quarter without even so much as s new fat quarter. I've spent all my money on flowering plants, and now trying to get them planted has left me with no time to sew or fabric shop. Gotta make hay while the sun shines!
Mawlinda
#33 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:22:51 PM(UTC)
Mawlinda

Only a couple more days to July. I'm about to make an inventory of quilts to make from blocks I have and have started. The closing lqs is now at 40% off, if not more, so I will go there with my list--probably next week--and see what's still there. 

Linda
Brenda
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:18:38 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I am still hanging in there.  I am using up what I have and even using a lot of it for baby clothes too.

Brenda

Mawlinda
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:38:57 PM(UTC)
Mawlinda

Well, broke down. Went to the lqs that is closing and bought stuff today. Wasn't sure when she'd close so didn't want to wait. Everything was 40% off and wasn't sure she'd go lower. Bought the neutral for On Ringo Lake; red/white/blue as backing and border for one of our r/w/b swap blocks. Also if you remember Downton Abby, I had all the fabrics for the front, so bought for the backing; also backing for the crayon blocks and a few more just because I like them. Well, that's it for a while--until the August shop hop. lol
Linda
Brenda
#36 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 7:53:26 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Linda I would have been right there with you

Brenda

deb.morseth
#37 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:47:40 PM(UTC)
deb.morseth

Agnes and Linda, you two made it to June, half a year! I knew it would be useless to even try. You rockclap
MN DEB from Mall of America land
deb.morseth
#38 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:56:10 PM(UTC)
deb.morseth

Darlene and Sharon, I'm with you guys. Just ordered for Summer at the Lake BOM with Marian. Too many beautiful fabricssilly

Brenda, take a day off, lol. Treat yourself to a fat quarterbigGrin
MN DEB from Mall of America land
Brenda
#39 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 8:04:29 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I did take today off just a little dusting in the house and picking up and then into the sewing room to play.

Brenda

Fabriholic
#40 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 7:25:23 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

My wagon totally crashed and was busted to bits!  Needed more reds for my red, white and blue toppers, needed western brown for the table runner.  found the panel that I made some cute toppers with  Yes,  I think it even burned up. 

Sheila
Today is a new day!
cv quilter
#41 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 8:13:17 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sheila, I crashed and burned some time ago.lol...You know, it's so bad that I just knew I had some pink fabrics...went looking...couldn't find them....ended up using something else...and when all done  I found the missing fabrics.  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Nancy_MN
#42 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 11:00:44 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Well I'm still hanging in there. I'm even surprising myself.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed