Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
cv quilter
#85 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 7:12:38 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Thanks, Candis.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Chelle
#86 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 7:34:35 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Love seeing the progress here :)

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Fabriholic
#87 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:23:21 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Sharon, that is really nice.  You used quite a few of those shirts.  If you have enough, maybe a strip 4 to 6 inches wide through the width of the fabric in the middle of the backing?  That way you get a few in there like you want, but don't have to worry about the thinner fabrics. 

Those I-spy quilts turned out so awesome!  They are adorable!

Great finishes!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
cv quilter
#88 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:29:17 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sheila, thank you.  The strip in the middle of the back is a great idea!!  I still have shirts and I think I'll do that with them.  I don't think Johanna wants the shirts back.  I have a few blocks made from some of the extra fabrics and I'm going to incorporate them.  Those fabrics had already been stabelized so I used them for blocks.  Working on that today.

Sharon
traildancer
#89 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 9:54:34 AM(UTC)
traildancer

Here is number 7--Wildflower Bright.  This is for a friend who drove me up to Corvallis the night my horse had surgery and was not clotting.  He did finally clot and came home several days later, but had complications and I chose to put him down.

My daughter on Jazmine and I on Captain Jack Sparrow on top of Cougar Bluff.

The trail is the thing....Louis L'Amour
JackieH
#90 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 11:28:02 AM(UTC)
JackieH

The month is 2/3rds over and I finally pulled out my UFO for the month. What can I get done in the remaining 10 days 

Jacy
Nancy_MN
#91 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 11:33:36 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Laura will be happy to see you working on this, Jackie! Your blocks are beautiful.
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Teatime
#92 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 2:40:01 PM(UTC)
Teatime

My Jelly Roll is complete! Sew happy - now I can work on some of my blocks.  This is for my brother. 

Marian
cv quilter
#93 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 4:49:32 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Traildancer and Marian, beautiful quilts

Jackie, awesome wool work!  

Sharon
Verla
#94 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 12:36:36 PM(UTC)
Verla

Seeing some very pretty. Projects here. I completed my #7. Strip blocks. I added six more to my stack. For this. Some were swap blocks.
It is 90*90. And machine Quilted. Turned out better than I expected on April 1,.

https://quiltingaroundtheworld.com/gallery/fullsize.aspx?aid=131&pid=86103

For the rest of April I am working on some of the other Quilt Tops for UFO.  My Green Squares and My Orange Geese challenge.  

VERLA UFOs - XMAStrees2, Cats/Fences, + many more
cv quilter
#95 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 1:35:51 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Verla, that's an awesome quilt.  I see the pic on the Home page.

Sharon
Nancy_MN
#96 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 12:25:54 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Before you get excited...  I ONLY did the four corners.

Project #4 - As explained earlier, this is my friend/neighbor's mother's Baltimore Album.  Mom developed Alzheimer's and this is the last quilt she was working on, and the corners were not completed.  Mom had traced the small bows on the only pieces of pink fabric remaining.  I needed to find backing fabric (had to bleach muslin to get it to the right shade) and needle-turn applique the bows, and then sew the corner blocks into the top.  Friend will now find someone to professionally quilt this. I am done with my part of the project. 

On to my "Lace Cabins" project, finally.   

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
cv quilter
#97 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 2:07:28 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Nancy, it's lovely.  I remember  you had that at the Fall TN retreat.  Wonderful job finishing it for your friend.

Sharon
Fabriholic
#98 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 6:25:19 PM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Finished my butterfly mats.  I actually made 6, but one already went to my daughter.  small project.  These were on my UFO list as well!  Edit - Going back and looking at my list, I don't remember if I put #1 finish on here, Kevin and Katie's quilt.  So, # 1 and #10 down, 10 more to go.  I better get busy. 

Sheila
Today is a new day!
cv quilter
#99 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:29:29 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Happy looking and sweet butterflies, Sheila.  Very cute!

Sharon
Mawlinda
#100 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 5:47:01 PM(UTC)
Mawlinda

Checking in and haven't worked on my bargello too much this month. But still hanging in there. Maybe next month.

Linda
uspslady
#101 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:45:05 PM(UTC)
uspslady

Got my first 2 borders on my #7 QOV panel today, one narrow white border tp frame the panel and 80 2 X 4 flying geese blocks, with 4" HST Corners.  I'd like to finish the top tonight because I won't have time to work on it the next 2 days because we have to go into Reno for dental appointments tomorrow, and Thursday I have to chauffeur one of my grandsons around because the transmission went out on his car and his motorcycle isn't street legal.  Hopefully, after our trips to DMV tomorrow it will be street legal and he won't be begging me for rides.

I also received my Forest Floor quilt back from the long armer today, so I have to start thinking about binding it.  I'd like to get both of these fininshed this month, but the month is almost over and the Forest Floor is king-sized.  I see some sore fingers and cramping hands in my future.

cv quilter
#102 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:29:48 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

My April UFO, Memory Quilt, is in the hands of a LAQ friend of mine.  I took it to show and tell last night and showed it to Connie and she wants to quilt it (not for free).  I still have the backing to make and take it to her, but she is going to spread the top out and make a plan for how to quilt it.  There are lots of beautiful white areas that scream for something special in them and I'm not confident enough to try to quilt this large quilt.  I'll post when I have the backing made, but I'm relieved knowing that it will be quilted beautifully.  Downside is that I won't have a finish to my April UFO for awhile.

Sharon
Agnes
#103 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 8:29:05 AM(UTC)
Agnes

Seeing April is reaching its end I best put the push on to at least get #2, Four Patch Posy top pieced. I only need to sew a few more seams. I have not touched my alternate project but that's okay unless I decide I want to use parts of it to insert in the backing for the Posies. I will have to do some creative stretching of fabric because the Posy project roughly doubled in size from my original intentions.  

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
uspslady
#104 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:32:04 AM(UTC)
uspslady

A pic of my #7 Quilt of Valor with the first 2 borders on the panel.  Any suggestions for a next border?  I think it will need at least 2 more borders to get it up to size, maybe 3.

uspslady
#105 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:35:41 AM(UTC)
uspslady

Here's a pick of my Forest Floor that I recently received back from the LAQ.  Trying to decide on the binding.  It's king-sized so you're only seeing a small part of it.  The quilting job was superb.  I'll try to get a better pic...maybe spread it out on my bed.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed