Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages<1234>»
EliQuilts
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 8:04:38 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

Sick mommy, sick daddy, sick little kids.  We're having a fantastic day.  Kerry fell asleep at 430pm, we couldn't get him up. 

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
Brigit-Carol
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 8:55:49 PM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

#11 is a string quilt.  The strings are all cut and about half sewn.  I haven't decided on arrangement, but I think I'll use the olive green as the background. 

uspslady
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 11:29:41 AM(UTC)
uspslady

I've posted my list.  I completed 16 projects last year, so I'm going to try to do better this year.  My #11 is the Flash Mystery.  The top is completed, and the backing has been purchased.  I'm going to try to get it on the frame this week and get it quilted.  

I'm also planning to work on my #9 which is the "On Ringo Lake".  I've got about 25 of the blocks completed.  Still trying to determine if I'm going to make it Bonnie Hunter's way or turn it into two smaller quilts.  I'll try to post pictures of current progress after church this morning.

Bonita
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 12:09:01 PM(UTC)
Bonita

#11 is the Modern Sampler Quilt Blocks.  Needs sashing and all the rest to finish. They are not in the correct order , need to play a bit.

Bonita
NanaTubby
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 7:39:13 PM(UTC)
NanaTubby

I quilted on my Denim Memory Quilt for a couple hours today. Not even half finished yet. I'll work some more on it this week.
Happy Quilting.

Missie
"To quilt is human - to finish divine."
uspslady
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 11:28:42 PM(UTC)
uspslady

My progress on #9, On Ringo Lake.

LaDawn
#28 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 11:43:32 PM(UTC)
LaDawn

I just posted my list.
I will work on 11, which is a Christmas quilt for which I bought fabric and sketched out an easy design. I will add a photo tomorrow.

uspslady
#29 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 12:52:10 PM(UTC)
uspslady

Here is the photo of my FLASH Mystery, waiting to be quilted.  This is my #11.  I plan on getting it quilted this month.

Agnes
#30 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 1:04:22 PM(UTC)
Agnes

As I don't have #11 I will be working on #4 and #7, leader and ender fashion. I just noticed these numbers add up to 11.

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
Fabriholic
#31 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 7:41:31 PM(UTC)
Fabriholic

My # 11 is my neice's t shirt quilt.  I have most of the t shirts lined.  I just have a few more, and then can start cutting border pieces!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
JackieH
#32 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 9:40:30 PM(UTC)
JackieH

I really need some motivation to get more sewing done. Life keeps throwing things at me and I'm ready to go sew...well not yet, hopefully Monday after an open house for my son who just got married.

So I'm going to start making my list and get it posted  

Jacy
monalee
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:24:58 AM(UTC)
monalee

I live in a small place at my daughters and have been reorganizing to make the fabric storage more pleasing to the eye. In all that, I can’t find my purple and gold quilt. It’s in a white bag so you would think it’s easily found. I will have to see if I took it back to my other house this weekend. In the meantime I will work on Teague’s quilt.
uspslady
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:52:55 AM(UTC)
uspslady

Originally Posted by: JackieH Go to Quoted Post

I really need some motivation to get more sewing done. Life keeps throwing things at me and I'm ready to go sew...well not yet, hopefully Monday after an open house for my son who just got married.

I've missed you Jackie.  Happy to see you may be coming back to us soon.  Three weddings in as many years...that'll sure keep you hopping.

mgallardo68
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 12:05:15 PM(UTC)
mgallardo68

Me too! Happy to see you back Jackie!

Originally Posted by: uspslady Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: JackieH Go to Quoted Post

I've missed you Jackie.  Happy to see you may be coming back to us soon.  Three weddings in as many years...that'll sure keep you hopping.

quiltertess
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:06:08 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

My #11 is the pirate quilt and it is applique. Figured I could manage some hand work. I will get a picture asap. I have the applique finished on 5 blocks. They all need embroidery. i have 4 more to do.

Here are the blocks so far -

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Nancy_MN
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:25:15 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

I will be working on #1 and #4 this month.

#1 is Bonnie Hunter "On Ringo Lake."  I am making mine full size.  This month I have been and will continue working on clues #6 & #7.  I've finished sewing the brown and coral flying geese together but still need to press them.  I've finished sewing the coral piece onto the shaded 4-patch and still need to do final trimming to size.  That is all I plan to complete on it this month.  Then it will be packed away for final assembly during a quilt retreat in March.

#4 is a hand applique project for my neighbor.  Her mom passed away with this Baltimore album top almost finished - only the four corners are left.  I purchased a piece of muslim and bleached it to match the background of the top.  She had the enough of the original dusty pink to trace the bow shapes that match the ribbon borders.  I need to needle turn those bows onto the corner muslim pieces, then finish assembling the top.  I told her I'd help her find someone to do the final quilting.  I'm not skilled enough to do justice to this beautiful hand sewn top.  I would really like to get this back to her by the end of January.  (some of you saw this top in TN)

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
deb.morseth
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:50:04 PM(UTC)
deb.morseth

Wow, Nancy, what a beautiful thing you are doing. Such a treasure.
MN DEB from Mall of America land
Chelle
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:39:57 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I am happy to say that my dresden blocks are now a top.  Max held it up for me.  I plan to see if I have backing and if so, expect to have this sandwiched tomorrow.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
GardenGal
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:22:02 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Looks super Chelle.  A simple white backing would be lovely!

Today I used up the remainder HST from the Bonnie Hunter Mystery as a border and will continue working on that top tomorrow.  Would love to have the top completed tomorrow but will also be happy with Thursday.  

I have many pieces left and will try to figure out something to do with them... Don't want to have them sitting around so it's going to be a Bonnie Hunter kind of a month for me.  hahaha!

gg

--
JackieH
#41 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:22:09 AM(UTC)
JackieH

Found my #11, it is a 30's string quilt. I have 21  6 1/2" blocks made and have a bag with more strips and strings. I think I have an idea what I was thinking, but I never had a pattern. So time for some pencil and paper time to see how many more I should make. Don't think I will have time to sew till after this weekend though.

Jacy
Verla
#42 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:11:05 AM(UTC)
Verla

January. Quilting my #11  LA BOM stars. Should take all month. Pic on January 1

http://www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com/gallery/fullsize.aspx?aid=131&pid=85456

VERLA UFOs - XMAStrees2, Green Friendship, Brights Sew OR + many more
Rss Feed  Atom Feed