Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

93 Pages«<6364656667>»
EvelynB
#1281 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:03:19 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

This afternoon I'm working on bike wallhangings for the twins. My son-in-law wanted to hang the bed quilt on the wall since it had bicycle fabrics. I told him to wait. Lots of applique to do this week. Got to get them done to take with us on Saturday. Yeah! Can't wait to hold Maximo and Marcelo.

cv quilter
#1282 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:31:42 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I have been cutting strips for the Floral Log Cabin.  Then I decided I wanted to start the Bench It Pillow.  Having Fun and enjoying the day in my sewing room.  We have a turkey breast going in the oven and all the fixin's for a mini Thanksgiving dinner.   It's cold and rainy/hail here so a good day to turn the oven on.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Leslie
#1283 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:38:30 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Evelyn, you make some of the prettiest projects
Leslie
EvelynB
#1284 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:02:48 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Thanks, Leslie. I love groups like this. It’s like a quilt show every day seeing everyone’ projects.
Sharon, I’ve got a roast with veggies cooking. The weather here is cooler and the roast smells like heaven. I had my turkey and dressing at Cracker Barrel last week. I just wanted lots more cranberry sauce. Plus I like the dressing with more sage and other spices. Homemade is best. Yum!
Evelyn
cv quilter
#1285 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:24:03 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: EvelynB Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, Leslie. I love groups like this. It’s like a quilt show every day seeing everyone’ projects.
Sharon, I’ve got a roast with veggies cooking. The weather here is cooler and the roast smells like heaven. I had my turkey and dressing at Cracker Barrel last week. I just wanted lots more cranberry sauce. Plus I like the dressing with more sage and other spices. Homemade is best. Yum!
Evelyn

Evelyn, you are a girl after my DH Fred's heart!!!  The more sage, the better.  I've gotten used to it over the years and now it doesn't taste right without lots!!  And the cranberry sauce, YEP, Fred has to have lots of that, too!  Wanna come for dinner?  You can bring the roast and veggies, and we'll supply the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce....and gotta have some kind of roll.  And the leftovers will be glorious!!!

I love your butterfly, and actually think the orange and purple go really well together the way you have combined them. 

Sharon
EvelynB
#1286 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:26:41 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Question, friends. I'm working on two wallhangings for my new grandsons. I'm not an artist so have changed some artwork I've found on the internet. I had my bicycles in the 1950's. My son-in-law would have had his first ones in the 1980's and he's talked about the tall handles and banana seat. But I don't know if boys had tassles on the handgrips. I avoided the basket with flowers found on so many pictures. I'm going to make two of these wallhangings and embroider the boy's names on the flag at the top. SHOULD I KEEP THE TASSLES OR REMOVE THEM? My husband is no help!

EvelynB
#1287 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:30:10 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

YUM! I'm drooling over the cranberry sauce. If I had some in the cupboard, I'd open a can to go with my roast. I do love a sandwich of leftover turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce instead of mustard or mayo. If you were here in Texas I'd be knocking at your door! Thanks for the compliments on the butterfly quilt. I always learn something when I do a swap or a challenge. I try to do something new even when I do mugrugs. Better to mess up on a small scale than a king size quilt. LOL

cv quilter
#1288 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:32:13 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Evelyn, NO tassels.  Our son (born in 1975 and riding the bike races in the early/mid eighties), would have torn them off.  Trust me..I know!  

Sharon
EvelynB
#1289 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 6:56:53 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Thanks, Sharon. I will leave them off. They’re cute but so was the basket of flowers that I’m NOT using. My son-in-law raced and did competitive acrobatics. He later was the manager of a large bicycle shop. (He teaches high school physics now) I want to surprise him with these so didn’t want to ask him. This is such fun!
Brenda
#1290 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:07:42 PM(UTC)
Brenda

My husband said only the girls bikes had tassels and that is what I was remembering too.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

EvelynB
#1291 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:28:11 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Thanks, Brenda. My daughter had pink tassels and a pink basket. I’m not trying to make it look exactly like those bikes but don’t want to make an obvious goof. I am excited that I had enough of the red fabric and blue fabric from the bed quilts to make the frames. I looked at the local quilt shop and JoAnns for a background but didn’t see any. But the Hobby Lobby website has several possibilities. I might make a pieced background if I can’t decide. I need one more light gray for the handlebars too. Fun!so I get to go shopping tomorrow. I spent enough money yesterday that I should stay home and use my stash. I bought a new iPad mini with 128GB. I have so many grand baby photos and videos that I was out of memory on my old one. Spoiling myself.
Brenda
#1292 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 2:22:37 AM(UTC)
Brenda

I think we need to spoil ourselves life is to short.

I look forward to seeing pictures of these bikes and also of those babies.

Brenda

Threadbare
#1293 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:14:49 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

Got all my Playing With 9 Patches blocks sewn into rows and a very few of the rows sewn together.  Seems again I can't count as I ended up with 6 extra 9 patches.  Also working on sewing the New Hexagon blocks into rows. Just a few more to go.

FLORENCE
Mimi
#1294 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:14:11 PM(UTC)
Mimi

Traced the next 6 wool flower blocks on Steam-a-Seam lite 2 and will set on background and choose threads this afternoon.  

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
cv quilter
#1295 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 3:05:34 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: Mimi Go to Quoted Post

Traced the next 6 wool flower blocks on Steam-a-Seam lite 2 and will set on background and choose threads this afternoon.  

You go Mimi.  These are so beautiful.  Do you ever use the Steam a Seam Computer sheets?

Sharon
Mimi
#1296 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:01:00 PM(UTC)
Mimi

These came as kits and because there is limited amount of wool given for each color I tend to trace. For example, when I only have a 3 x 4 inch of fabric, I really have to squeeze in the 15 tracings that any one block may require. So I think if the pieces were bigger I might use those computer sheets but these are only 6 inch blocks.  Some of the pieces are very small.  I just attached three 1/8th x 6 inch strips as stems on the hollyhocks block. I like Steam-a-Seam b/c it's so easy to readjust the placement of the pieces.  Then when I finally steam them down, they're stuck for good.   

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
cv quilter
#1297 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:48:05 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Thanks.  Those are teeny..

Sharon
Bonita
#1298 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:02:21 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Made a couple of pillow cases for the DGDs. The 7 yr old loves anything Unicorn, she picked out the fabrics herself. The 10 yr old loves to fish and anything in the oceans. I should have opened them to full size I guess.

Bonita
EvelynB
#1299 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:03:04 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

How sweet, Bonita. It's such a joy to make even small gifts for our loved ones. They'll always remember those gestures.

I got the background bought for my bike wallhangings. Decided to piece it with lots of gray because that's the colors she has in the baby bed sheets. Laid out the pieces on the background and realized the flag pole is too short. I love being able to take a photo to look over the layout. I make too many mistakes otherwise. The other bike will be blue.

Brenda
#1300 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:35:41 PM(UTC)
Brenda

That bile turned out great I would not change a thing except the color when you make the blue one.  My husband loved it too.

Brenda

Rss Feed  Atom Feed