Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

68 Pages«<6364656667>»
cv quilter
#1345 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:11:39 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sweet, Evelyn!!!  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Leslie
#1346 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:24:44 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Evelyn and Florence, love your prettys
Leslie
EvelynB
#1347 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:16:59 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Thank you again, ladies. I decided to use a bright yellow from the bed quilts to make the flags over again. I do think hubby was right. They stand out more. Of course, my sweet son-in-law is color blind and probably can't tell the difference.

stitchintime
#1348 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:01:38 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Love the bikes, Evelyn!  They will love them too.

Barb
Bonita
#1349 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:20:26 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Love the bikes Evelyn.

Bonita
Fabriholic
#1350 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:15:37 PM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Oh my Evelyn, that is cute. The binding just sets it off perfect!
Sheila
Today is a new day!
EvelynB
#1351 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:35:48 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Thank you. I had leftover binding from the bed quilts. Nice to use up scraps and coordinate them. Now I need to think of a gift for the older toddler. She’k appreciate it more than the babies.
EvelynB
#1352 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 10:35:03 AM(UTC)
EvelynB

Last photo of these gifts. Both wallhangings are finished. We're driving to see those babies tomorrow. So excited to see my son also.

Dorian
#1353 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 10:50:39 AM(UTC)
Dorian

Those look wonderful Evelyn, great job!! 

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Bonita
#1354 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 11:55:35 AM(UTC)
Bonita

Evelyn, those turned out so nice. Have a wonderful time with the babies. Nice touch to include the older child,

Bonita
cv quilter
#1355 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 8:24:41 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Nothing much happened in my room today!  Went to a local quilt show.  Fred went with me first time as he had been invited to come and sign up as a Veteran for drawings (every hour) for Quilt of Valor. Fred is sew much fun, as he knows all the terms, lots of the patterns, and gets lots of idea for me.  He also encourages me to join in and put my quilts in a show. (I am flattered).  BUT, guess what, he was drawn for one of the 13 QOV's!  We go tomorrow to pick it up.  I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.  While we were there a friend called and asked me if I'd like to go  to the quilt show(lol), so I stayed and waited for her and Fred came home.  Lots more fun, lots more purchases.  When I came home I tried out the thumb drive I purchased with three beautiful Southwest Pot applique designs to be done in the hoop on my embroidery machine, and some gorgeous batik fabrics which will  be used for those pots.  These designs will be done on my large hoop and will give me a 14 inch block when done.  I also bought raffle tickets for some of the awesome quilts being raffled and some of the awesome gift baskets available (three of which were quilting fabrics and even one with all the fabrics, pattern and long arm quilting when I get it done).  I also found and purchased a really tiny and bright LED light that will stick to the underside of my machines and will give me lots of light while I'm sewing.  I can never have enough light.  My eyes fail me.  All in all, nothing much done, except putting my "stuff" away. But I have some more projects to work on and some more fabric.  I needed today, and the quilt show and Fred and my friend.  I

Sharon
Brenda
#1356 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 9:09:53 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I am cleaning up and rearranging everything.  My husband built me three embroidery thread hanging racks.  He put them up this weekend and I just finished putting all 360 spools in order by number.

I had my machine serviced last this week but I have not allowed myself to set it backup until I finish cleaning things out.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Brenda
#1357 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 9:19:57 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Those turned out so beautiful.

Brenda

cv quilter
#1358 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 9:23:10 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Brenda, WOWSERS!!!  What beautiful racks....and ooooh, la, la, love all of those threads!!!!  You never can have enough embroidery threads!!!  

Sharon
cv quilter
#1359 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 9:24:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Brenda, what brand of threads do you have?  The colors are gorgeous and look so pretty.

Sharon
Quiltbaby
#1360 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 9:53:37 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Brenda I am so Jelly! Love all the threads and your thread hangers! I just ordered more embroidery thread today. Floriani. And more Madeira. Looking forward to making mine as neat as yours. So pretty.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Brenda
#1361 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 12:02:38 AM(UTC)
Brenda

These are my Floraini threads.   I ust started sing this brand because I love the colors.  I also use Madeira thread.  My good friend gave me some of the madeira type when I first started and I love it.  They both work really well.  Madeira is Rayon and Floriani is Polyester.

I also use cotton or anything else I have in my sewing room if it is the right color.  The trick is the stabilizer and proper needle I think.

Brenda

cv quilter
#1362 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 7:44:11 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Brenda, I have never used Floriani threads.  Your colors are beautiful.  I use mostly Robison Anton threads, they are Polyester and have  many beautiful colors as well.  Your collection is inspiring.  I love color!!

Today I worked on my Floral log cabin blocks.  

How exciting for us.  When we attended the Local Chino Valley Quilt Show Fred was asked to sign up for the QOV qullt giveaway as a Veteran!!!! HE WON one of the 13 quilts made as QOVs!  Today we went and picked it up and how fun...we know the lady who made it and her friend who quilted and hand bound this quilt on a 1037 Singer.  Fred already has it on his chair (recliner) and it will be used throughout the winter(YES cold weather is upon us and this will make a wonderful quilt to help keep him warm through the winter).

Sharon
cv quilter
#1363 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 7:46:59 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Darn, re: above post, it was a 1937 Singer machine used to quilt and bind the QOV that Fred was awarded for his service.

Sharon
Leslie
#1364 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 8:56:23 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Wow Sharon, that's wonderful
Leslie
Teatime
#1365 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 9:05:11 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Brenda, I have never used Floriani threads.  Your colors are beautiful.  I use mostly Robison Anton threads, they are Polyester and have  many beautiful colors as well.  Your collection is inspiring.  I love color!!

Today I worked on my Floral log cabin blocks.  

How exciting for us.  When we attended the Local Chino Valley Quilt Show Fred was asked to sign up for the QOV qullt giveaway as a Veteran!!!! HE WON one of the 13 quilts made as QOVs!  Today we went and picked it up and how fun...we know the lady who made it and her friend who quilted and hand bound this quilt on a 1037 Singer.  Fred already has it on his chair (recliner) and it will be used throughout the winter(YES cold weather is upon us and this will make a wonderful quilt to help keep him warm through the winter).

Thank Fred for his service and we want to see a picture of him wrapped in the quilt - or at least holding it up! 

Marian
Rss Feed  Atom Feed