Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

68 Pages«<6263646566>»
dogsbody
#1324 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:48:22 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

I would shorten the shadowed front leg, and flatten the hump on the butt. ...Actually, just level the whole back more to the shoulder, instead of 2 humps, just round it back.

EvelynB
#1325 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:21:17 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

That's an amazing bear. It looks accurate to me.
Thank you, ladies for the compliments on my bikes. After putting a bright border of squares I decided it looked too babyish. So I'm quilting these now. Chose a simple stipple after quilting around the bikes with my walking foot. I got the names programmed into my embroidery machine. Sure hope my machine works well tomorrow. It's been raining since last week so it's been a good diversion. Supposed to get down in the 30's tomorrow night. Brrrr
Leslie
#1326 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:30:29 AM(UTC)
Leslie

Evelyn and Dorian, just WOWlike
Leslie
Threadbare
#1327 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:57:03 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

Mimi, the last batch of Steam a Seam lite I got really gummed up my needle.  Now I am a little afraid of using it again.  Hope you don't have that same problem.

FLORENCE
Mimi
#1328 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:33:59 AM(UTC)
Mimi

Originally Posted by: Threadbare Go to Quoted Post
Mimi, the last batch of Steam a Seam lite I got really gummed up my needle.  Now I am a little afraid of using it again.  Hope you don't have that same problem.

I found that if I steam the heck out of it when I attach it, both with the pieces and to the background fabric, there's not as much gumming. I steam it so hard I have to wait for my glasses to defog.  I also steam the front side and the back side each time.  There still is some but I prefer it to the other brands out there. But each to their own.  

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
cv quilter
#1329 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:58:08 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Using a product called "Sewers Aid" on the needle really helps.  I get this product at Joann's (it's in a small applicator bottle) and I put a drop or two down the needle before I sew and repeat every so often.  I've passed this tip on to others and they have had great success, too.  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
cv quilter
#1330 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:01:56 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Dorian, your bear is awesome.  I agree with dogsbody about just slightly rounding the back instead of two humps..

Sharon
Threadbare
#1331 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:19:24 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

Got the Playing with 9 Patches top all done.

FLORENCE
cv quilter
#1332 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:22:56 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Florence, what a wonderful, colorful, fun, scrappy 9 patch quilt.  Love that design.  Are you going to add borders or leave as is?  

Sharon
Threadbare
#1333 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:24:58 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Using a product called "Sewers Aid" on the needle really helps.  I get this product at Joann's (it's in a small applicator bottle) and I put a drop or two down the needle before I sew and repeat every so often.  I've passed this tip on to others and they have had great success, too.  

Thanks so much I will try it. Never had this happen before till this last batch.  Thought maybe they changed their glue.

FLORENCE
Threadbare
#1334 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:26:27 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

Mimi that is so funny.  I will try that too.

FLORENCE
Threadbare
#1335 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:27:57 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Florence, what a wonderful, colorful, fun, scrappy 9 patch quilt.  Love that design.  Are you going to add borders or leave as is?  

Thanks.  That is the way the pattern is so I will leave it that way.  I hate putting on borders anyway.

FLORENCE
monalee
#1336 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:04:15 AM(UTC)
monalee

I love the playing with 9 patches! I have all these random strips I could cut and use in that pattern. Can’t wait to see how you quilt it.
stitchintime
#1337 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:28:35 AM(UTC)
stitchintime

Love that nine patch, Florence.  Gave me a couple ideas for quilts and I have lots of scraps patiently waiting in their bins.

Barb
Dorian
#1338 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:51:46 AM(UTC)
Dorian

Thank you Ladies. I, too, feel something isn't quite right with the front leg so I will see what I can do there. I'm not sure about rounding the humps, but I'll see what I can do there too, although the original pattern has it as is.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
dogsbody
#1339 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:58:01 AM(UTC)
dogsbody

Originally Posted by: Dorian Go to Quoted Post

Thank you Ladies. I, too, feel something isn't quite right with the front leg so I will see what I can do there. I'm not sure about rounding the humps, but I'll see what I can do there too, although the original pattern has it as is.

I was commenting due to several bear pics I have around. Not to mention the one that cruises through my back pasture.

stitchintime
#1340 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:16:35 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

I think the flat rump is less noticeable in the original pattern because of the bear paw block that sits there.  If you can get more rump, the humps will look more natural.  

Barb
Dorian
#1341 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:20:12 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Originally Posted by: dogsbody Go to Quoted Post

And I appreciate your advice, I'm just trying to figure out how to fix it. I did add an extra bit to the rump,and maybe thats why it looks off, but I had to add more to that back leg and so thought the extra bit on the rump was needed to. LOL

I was commenting due to several bear pics I have around. Not to mention the one that cruises through my back pasture.

Dorian
#1342 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:21:18 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Originally Posted by: stitchintime Go to Quoted Post

I think the flat rump is less noticeable in the original pattern because of the bear paw block that sits there.  If you can get more rump, the humps will look more natural.  

Thank you ! I did add an extra piece back there, so maybe that's why it looks off too. It's hard sometimes to tweak a pattern.

EvelynB
#1343 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:40:22 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

I finished one my wallhangings except for sewing the flag in place. Hubby thinks I should make it from gold or yellow so I'm going to put the binding on the other before I remake them. 

Quiltbaby
#1344 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:58:38 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

That’s so awesome Evelyn!! Very clever.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Rss Feed  Atom Feed