Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

68 Pages«<6162636465>»
EvelynB
#1303 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:28:11 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Thanks, Brenda. My daughter had pink tassels and a pink basket. I’m not trying to make it look exactly like those bikes but don’t want to make an obvious goof. I am excited that I had enough of the red fabric and blue fabric from the bed quilts to make the frames. I looked at the local quilt shop and JoAnns for a background but didn’t see any. But the Hobby Lobby website has several possibilities. I might make a pieced background if I can’t decide. I need one more light gray for the handlebars too. Fun!so I get to go shopping tomorrow. I spent enough money yesterday that I should stay home and use my stash. I bought a new iPad mini with 128GB. I have so many grand baby photos and videos that I was out of memory on my old one. Spoiling myself.
Brenda
#1304 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 2:22:37 AM(UTC)
Brenda

I think we need to spoil ourselves life is to short.

I look forward to seeing pictures of these bikes and also of those babies.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Threadbare
#1305 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:14:49 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

Got all my Playing With 9 Patches blocks sewn into rows and a very few of the rows sewn together.  Seems again I can't count as I ended up with 6 extra 9 patches.  Also working on sewing the New Hexagon blocks into rows. Just a few more to go.

FLORENCE
Mimi
#1306 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:14:11 PM(UTC)
Mimi

Traced the next 6 wool flower blocks on Steam-a-Seam lite 2 and will set on background and choose threads this afternoon.  

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
cv quilter
#1307 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 3:05:34 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: Mimi Go to Quoted Post

Traced the next 6 wool flower blocks on Steam-a-Seam lite 2 and will set on background and choose threads this afternoon.  

You go Mimi.  These are so beautiful.  Do you ever use the Steam a Seam Computer sheets?

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Mimi
#1308 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:01:00 PM(UTC)
Mimi

These came as kits and because there is limited amount of wool given for each color I tend to trace. For example, when I only have a 3 x 4 inch of fabric, I really have to squeeze in the 15 tracings that any one block may require. So I think if the pieces were bigger I might use those computer sheets but these are only 6 inch blocks.  Some of the pieces are very small.  I just attached three 1/8th x 6 inch strips as stems on the hollyhocks block. I like Steam-a-Seam b/c it's so easy to readjust the placement of the pieces.  Then when I finally steam them down, they're stuck for good.   

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
cv quilter
#1309 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:48:05 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Thanks.  Those are teeny..

Sharon
Bonita
#1310 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:02:21 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Made a couple of pillow cases for the DGDs. The 7 yr old loves anything Unicorn, she picked out the fabrics herself. The 10 yr old loves to fish and anything in the oceans. I should have opened them to full size I guess.

Bonita
dogsbody
#1311 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:42:04 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

Today I finally made the bed/pillow for my Chow, Poppy. 2 inch thick foam. Also working on finishing the binding on the one I just quilted.

EvelynB
#1312 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:03:04 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

How sweet, Bonita. It's such a joy to make even small gifts for our loved ones. They'll always remember those gestures.

I got the background bought for my bike wallhangings. Decided to piece it with lots of gray because that's the colors she has in the baby bed sheets. Laid out the pieces on the background and realized the flag pole is too short. I love being able to take a photo to look over the layout. I make too many mistakes otherwise. The other bike will be blue.

Brenda
#1313 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:35:41 PM(UTC)
Brenda

That bile turned out great I would not change a thing except the color when you make the blue one.  My husband loved it too.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

EvelynB
#1314 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:12:16 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Thanks, Brenda. Glad it's husband approved too. I knew not to try to make it accurate as far as chain and such. I just want to give the idea of a vintage boy's bike. I'm piecing a small border with squares left over from the bed quilts. I'm going to make the flag with their name 3-d. For Olive I made flag banners to hang at the top of the ceiling and across the hot air balloons I'd made for her mobile. Sometimes I don't think about a good theme until the nursery is done. This one is perfect for the boys (and Dada). Excited to get it quilted before we leave Saturday. I can always do the handwork on the drive.

cv quilter
#1315 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:28:39 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Evelyn, that is pretty cute!  I think it has all the detail it needs.  I get where you think the flag pole needs to be taller, but it's a wonderful detail.  The background..DEAD ON!  I do hope you will post a pic of your finished quilts.  You know, you and your designs are inspiration to all of us.  I look forward to seeing your designs.

Sharon
EvelynB
#1316 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:09:11 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

You're a sweetheart, Sharon. I'm inspired daily by everything I see on this site. I got the blue bike pressed and have started the blanket stitching. I ran out of black thread so had to make a quick JoAnn's run. Luckily they had a 50% off thread coupon so I bought some others I needed. I hope to get this red one done tonight. I had this idea a month ago but procrastinated because I didn't know the boys' names. 

Bonita
#1317 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:14:48 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Evelyn, your bikes are looking so good. I remember buying my kids bikes like those back in the day. Way back in the day.lol

Bonita
EvelynB
#1318 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:21:15 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Thanks, Bonita. My son-in-law has 13 bikes plus two that Olive already has. I wanted to make him smile with memories of his first bike. One of my favorite photos is my husband running beside our daughter as she’s trying to ride her first bike. Looked like these but was pink with basket and handle ribbons. I finished the blanket stitching on the red one but decided my neck needs to rest before starting the next one. Getting old! I used to happily quilt until 3am then get up to work. Happier retired and going to bed early!
Evelyn
GloBug
#1319 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:41:26 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Wow Evelyn...what amazing work you did in making the bicycles!  They turned out great!!

Agnes
#1320 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:20:13 AM(UTC)
Agnes

Evelyn, the bikes are awesome.

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
JudyT
#1321 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:31:15 AM(UTC)
JudyT

Really grest bike appliqué Brenda. How cute.
Judy in the Pacific Northwest
Topsy
#1322 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:28:19 PM(UTC)
Topsy

My sewing room has been a busy place.  I am still working on my UFO'S, but there isn't as many. Can you tell I am happy?

Remember Stack and Whack??  I have 4  stack and whack tops I started several years ago--back when everyone was trying their hand at this new idea of piecing.  I must say I was spellbound with these beautiful quilts, but never completed even one  top. This is what I've been working on the last several days and enjoying it again. 

Dorian
#1323 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:31:25 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Great bikes Evelyn!

WOOHOO on getting UFO's done Topsy.

I've been working on this bear. It seems a little off to me, but I am not sure how to fix it, as I was altering a pattern. Any suggestions?

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Rss Feed  Atom Feed