Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

93 Pages«<3738394041>»
Fabriholic
#761 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:08:12 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Same Here Candis!  Getting my boot blocks all done up and ready!   Quick, easy peasy block!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
Mawlinda
#762 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 11:48:50 AM(UTC)
Mawlinda

I'm sewing on a throw quilt now with the wonky halloween swap blocks from a few years ago. My dh  home health nurse is a single mom with a 9 yr old daughter and it will be for them. She is super and her time here is almost up.

I also started wearing a "boot" today to rest my achilles tendon & also pt. Which may be for a few months. Ever try to press the sewing pedal with that on?  Not!!! So I'm using my left foot and doing pretty good today. You can't stop determination.

Finished my bargello completely yesterday and picture will appear in another post.

Love the boots.

Linda
Dorian
#763 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 12:02:15 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Linda, I got a knee bar for my sewing machine. You hook the foot petal to the bar, and attache the bar to your sewing table right at knee level. Then you can use your knee to push the bar, which in turn pushes the petal. Now I can rest my feet!

Here is one for a newer sewing machine, I'm not sure what kind you have, I used a different kind for my vintage singer.

Knee controller

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Quiltbaby
#764 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 2:56:33 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Sheila so very cool!! Love those! I just picked out three more colorful fabrics to use. So much fun!!
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Mawlinda
#765 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 5:01:47 PM(UTC)
Mawlinda

Thanks Dorian. I think my Bernina came with a knee bar and didn't like to use it. So it's somewhere with my stuff. I did just fine with my left foot. Right after my post, my sil asked if I wanted to visit her sister. Well, off came the boot and away I went. Guess I'll put it on tomorrow.

Linda
dogsbody
#766 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 6:42:06 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

3 days ago, I pulled a major muscle across my left side, across the bottom of my ribs. Still don't know how but its ungodly painful to just sit up for more than a few minutes. I'm so very tired of laying in the recliner able to do nothing but read. Needless to say, I'm not getting any quilting done either.

Brenda
#767 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 11:20:58 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Oh dogsbody I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and that you are in so much pain.  I hope you start feeling better soon.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Brenda
#768 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 11:26:44 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I did not do anything in the sewing room today however I did buy some fabric for a few projects for the OK. retreat.  WOOHOO 

Brenda

Bonita
#769 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 5:30:01 AM(UTC)
Bonita

I will be sewing on the last 2 borders on the Bordered Nine Patch top. Found the pattern in one of the Block books from MSQC. Easy and fun to piece.

Bonita
Quiltbaby
#770 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 6:47:17 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I’m making more beautiful patterned Boots, for the boot swap. Love these quilts!
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
monalee
#771 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 9:43:34 AM(UTC)
monalee

I got back early this morning but had a productive weekend. Got a rented storage cleaned out and everything I kept sorted and organized. I must think fleece is a commodity because I have way too much as well as jeans to cut up. Hoping to start boot blocks tonight.
Fernie
#772 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 11:02:13 AM(UTC)
Fernie

I’m working on a BOM for my son and DIL. I’m almost ready to start putting it together.

I’m also doing a Kaffe Fasset mystery, so I’m doing this month’s 25-patch blocks.
Dorian
#773 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 11:28:07 AM(UTC)
Dorian

I have finished my Hunters star quilt. It's small though, finished at 34x34. So I put a border on it, but it's still small. I haven't decided if I'm going to add more borders to make it larger, or just leave it as is.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Teatime
#774 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 11:33:13 AM(UTC)
Teatime

Originally Posted by: Fernie Go to Quoted Post
I’m working on a BOM for my son and DIL. I’m almost ready to start putting it together.

I’m also doing a Kaffe Fasset mystery, so I’m doing this month’s 25-patch blocks.

Hi Fernie, I would love to see pictures of you Kaffe Fasset mystery quilt. Can you share? Thanks!

Marian
Bonita
#775 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 12:40:38 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Got the top done today. The blocks are from the Ocean Oddessey line and I found this pretty fish fabric for the border.

Bonita
Bonita
#776 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:02:28 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Opps, misspelled Odyssey.

Bonita
Threadbare
#777 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:56:52 PM(UTC)
Threadbare

Still working on Floating Diamonds.  Also picked out the next quilt top I am going to quilt but need to get some thread.  Thinking I might run into town tomorrow.  New puppy distroyed one of her beds so want to get one of those too.

FLORENCE
GloBug
#778 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:03:27 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Bonita, your Ocean Odyssey quilt is beautiful!!  I love the colors, so bright and cheery.  And that fishy border is adorable too.

I've been doing lots of cutting and prepping of fabrics to make Ohio Star blocks in black and white with a Star Wars fabric in the center of the block.  This will eventually become a quilt for my son-in-law.  I'm not sure of how the lay out will be but I'm going to have fun putting those blocks up on my design wall and creating something to make his quilt top.  

I also sewed up my Kid Friendly swap blocks, put on two borders and have it all sandwiched...ready for my Juki to quilt it.

I love coming into this thread to see what everyone is up to.  Keep up the good work ladies! 

cv quilter
#779 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 12:05:11 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Bonita, awesome Ocean Odyssey!  That sweet fish border is perfect.

As far as what I'm doing in my sewing room..I went out there and plugged all my machines in and serge protectors on!!  Good feeling to know that I'll be ready to start or finish a project.  I bought a really cute kit while in Cody...Sewing theme, but super cute.  It'll be fun to make. Looking at all the things I need to do and want to do.   

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Brenda
#780 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 12:13:09 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I want to start cutting more kits for Oklahoma retreat but I am still waiting for all the fabric to arrive.  I do not want to start until I can lay out the fabrics and make sure they are what I want to use.

Brenda

Rss Feed  Atom Feed