Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

26 Pages<1234>»
monalee
#22 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 4:54:39 PM(UTC)
monalee

I have a cat block quilt to do, paying job so hope to get the top done. I brought back fabric for binding my purple and gold so may get that finished first.
cv quilter
#23 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 6:41:51 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I went into my sewing room to "seek and find" all projects started and not started that I can work on in 2018...then I got sidetracked by a project I have been thinking about-a lap/couch quilt for a friend who has been recently divorced and trying to settle in to a new home.  I finally settled on a pattern and using charm packs and yardage have got all squares cut out and have begun to sew them together to make HSTs for the quilt.  Easy to do, since hardly any cutting to be done.  Have sewn 72 neutrals and 72 western prints together and will finish doing the other stitching tomorrow.  Then will cut the HSTs apart and begin to build the quilt tomorrow.  Will work on the seek and find tomorrow, but also work on this project.  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Angele3
#24 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 8:48:11 PM(UTC)
Angele3

Agnès i love your snowflake quilt. It would be cozy during these chilly days.
Congrats Florence on finishing that quilt. It’s very pretty
I’m planning to finish a few projects, sew in the day and knit or crochet or embroidery when I watch tv. I also have to make a quilt for my sister, 3 baby quilts and I’m taking a paper piecing class. Busy year 2018
Quiltbaby
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 12:59:23 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I’m getting ready to watch my beloved Chiefs!! I am cutting out my practice Charm Block. Got lucky today while cleaning and found this set of patterns in my cabinetlike Working also on my OBW! Go Chiefs Go!woohoo
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
mgallardo68
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 1:14:10 PM(UTC)
mgallardo68

Getting ready to begin number 11 of my UFO challenge 2018. 

cv quilter
#27 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 6:53:27 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

OMG, I decided to take some charm squares I had and sew them together (HSTs) to make a quilt for a friend who is starting over...divorce, new home, new life...what was I thinking?  first of all, do not use the precuts that are pinking edged!  OK, think I got that.  BUT, I have to trim them to 4.5 inches, and my perception is still off and I am having a hard time.  144 HSTs and I finally have half of the trimming done. I am thankful for the Bloc Loc ruler, BUT.. All  I want to do is sew them together into a quilt top!  My right elbow hurts/burns, my thumb on the left hand kills and I am using Fred's brace to help with the woosy hurting and am taking Ibuprofen.  This, too, shall pass. Hadn't thought about the steps I had to complete, because those steps have always been relatively easy for me.  I will persist.  Only have 72 more 4 1/5 inch blocks to trim.  Then, Let the Sewing begin!

Sharon
loveslife
#28 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 7:39:05 PM(UTC)
loveslife

Well that is really nice of you Sharon, good luck with it!

After the Christmas holidays I decided I wanted to finish a 10 year old (at least) ufo which only needed the outer border to be ready for quilting. I finished the top and then set up my Juki for quilting. I started having thread shredding issues again, and a light bulb finally went off that maybe I needed an even larger needle than what I was using, which I already thought was pretty big. I found a larger needle, and lo and behold, my shredding issue was solved! I got the top quilted lickety split and am now hand sewing the binding.

Now I'm excited to quilt the 3 tops that I have waiting!

Anita Walters from The Midnight Quilt Show is coming to our guild in a couple of weeks. I'm not familiar with her, but understand she is a good machine quilting teacher. I was tempted to take her workshop too, but now I think I will simply carry on.

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
cv quilter
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 8:37:34 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Karen, don't you love Angela Walters and Midnight Quilt Show??? I do. I watch her and always hope to get some of her knowledge that will help me in my quest for FMQ techniques.

Sharon
empeywl
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 10:37:23 PM(UTC)
empeywl

Location: at the foot of the rocky mountains along the Wasatch front range

I couldn't even sit in my quilt room, let alone think straight to work on something, so I spent the day cleaning up. tomorrow I will sew.

Wendy Empey
elliebell650
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 11:39:36 PM(UTC)
elliebell650

Pretty quilt Florence do you machine or hand quilt.
Marg
loveslife
#32 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 12:49:20 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Sharon, I'm not familiar at all with Angela Walters. I know she's well thought of, I will have to look her up. Looking forward to seeing her at the guild meeting, though.

Karen
cv quilter
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 8:57:33 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Karen, Angela Walters does the Midnight Quilt Show Tutorials on YouTube.  Very funny but her quilting is lovely.  If you have never seen any of her videos, you should.  It will give you a feel for her personality.  I would love to meet her.

Sharon
Threadbare
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:37:44 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

Originally Posted by: elliebell650 Go to Quoted Post
Pretty quilt Florence do you machine or hand quilt.

Machine and I am not very good at it.

FLORENCE
loveslife
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 10:07:21 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Thanks Sharon, I'm going to look her up!

Florence, maybe you would like her too?

Karen
Threadbare
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 1:03:38 PM(UTC)
Threadbare

I will look her up too but I think I am hopeless.

FLORENCE
Pat A. in KY
#37 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 2:58:34 PM(UTC)
Pat A. in KY

Spent the better part of the day searching for the remaining 2018 UFO's and associated patterns and/or fabrics.  I think I'm finished.  Also ordered backing for Irish Chain.  Had backing finished and ready to go to LAQ last Jan or FEb.  But it never made it for some reason.  When I pulled it out yesterday decided I reallyl didn't like it so ordered some more.  Hopefully I will like the new stuff better!  Getting ready to press the top to Portugal and the fabrics to be used for the backing.  

Pat A. in KY
Nancy_MN
#38 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 4:02:53 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Florence, I think you may have the first finish of 2018! You, and others who are close, should post a pic on the "Completed in 2018" discussion thread for the chance to win prizes!

Karen, yes, you must check out "Midnight Quilt Show" on YouTube. Angela is very entertaining. Does she live in your area, or does your guild have lots of money to bring in speakers?
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Threadbare
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 4:18:02 PM(UTC)
Threadbare

Originally Posted by: Nancy_MN Go to Quoted Post
Florence, I think you may have the first finish of 2018! You, and others who are close, should post a pic on the "Completed in 2018" discussion thread for the chance to win prizes! Karen, yes, you must check out "Midnight Quilt Show" on YouTube. Angela is very entertaining. Does she live in your area, or does your guild have lots of money to bring in speakers?

I didn't see that I will go look.

FLORENCE
cv quilter
#40 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 7:34:03 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Spent 3+ hours squaring up my remaining blocks for the quilt I am making for a friend who is starting over. Slow process.   Finally got them up on the design wall and I HOPE tomorrow I can start sewing the rows.  Will then figure out what borders I will use to give her a lap/love seat size quilt.  I am looking at the flannel I have on hand to make the backing...I have LOTS of batting.  Fred spent the day chillin after working on his outdoor kitchen this week and watched the Bills get beat by the Jags! :(  (my family is in Buffalo..I know they are not happy tonight.)

Sharon
Cosmocat12
#41 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:11:47 AM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

I spent a few great hours sewing today.  I am loving the project that I am working on. It has colourful batik fabrics in it, tat came from a jelly roll. Plus crisp white background. The colours are really poping. I will do some more tomorrow. Then I will have to raid my stash to see if I have any batik that I can use for the border.

Tracey
cv quilter
#42 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:54:37 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Spent today making the label for my friend's quilt...on the embroidery machine.

Got my GoBaby out and cut some tumbler blocks for a kids quilt I am going to make for a donation quilt.  Found some charm squares ( I could use I bought from M* a couple of years ago on the DD), also found some 1/8 yard cuts from Keepsake Quilting (I bought two/three years ago) to use for the neutrals, now need to go to my whites and cut some tumblers from them.  GOSH, I HATE cutting into these...I have had them (3, 4 and 4+yards I have been SAVING!)  OkOkIcandothis.  Sew, why do I save these?  What was I saving them for?  Ultimately, at least in part, for THIS~  Gonna be cute but it's really hard on my MH.  

GONNA BE HARD TO STICK TO THIS.  Goin to JoAnn's tomorrow to buy a 24 inch zipper for Fred's favorite fleece lined Carhart sweatshirt hoodie that he has had for years.  The zipper sticks...I sure hope I find LOTS of threads, notions, zippers, and maybe some GO dies and/or mats to help me to use these coupons.  I know if I Pet fabric and dream of FUTURE projects I want to do, maybe I'll be OK.  But, I can hardly believe I get at least 10 or 12 emails from fabric places EVERY day and I haven't caved.  It's already 1/3 into the month.  I think I need a tranquilizer.  

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed