Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<34567>»
cindynvb
#85 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:19:52 AM(UTC)
cindynvb

Sign me up!!  I do not need any more fabric!!  I am overwhelmed with what I have now.  I haven't bought any for months now.

JackieH
#86 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:22:55 AM(UTC)
JackieH

Temptations everywhere 

Passed up $19.99 jelly rolls yesterday, normally those would have come home with me because they were such a deal.

And today an email with 40% off my favorite blender fabrics.

Thank goodness for this challenge or I most likely would have caved.

Jacy
GardenGal
#87 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:31:53 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Quilter oops date checked in - keeping strong with NO additions ck in
1.  GardenGal --  sewing not buying  1/10
2.  QuiltBaby    BLOCKING those tempting emails   1/09
3.  CV quilter    found a binding in her stash   1/09
4.  Dogsbody    looked around, but didn't buy  1/10
5.  mimi2Jefftye    wondering who she can buy for ( gift some of yours)   
6. monalee    only has some of her stash with her but it's enough.  1/10
7. jcorsbie    stopped her in her tracks  
8. LaurieB    ready to destash with the rest of us.   
 9. Annette    going to use this group as a TP guard. ;)  
10. Agnes    going all of 2018 - no problem man!  
11.Tangosblonde    going from huge to downsized   
12. Mawlinda    doesn't "NEED" more.    
13. Brenda    didn't sweeten her stash with a jelly roll  1/11
14.  JackieH    Connecting Threads didn't get a sale.  1/10
15. QuilterTess     can handle ALL of 2018 in a no buy mode - last in / first out?  
16. Fabroholic    prebought but nothing else for 2018  
17. BrigitCarol    needs all the help she can get.  
18. cindynvb    overwhelmed and cutting off the BUY  
19. Christine    Kitchen not stash for a while!  

YOU?      

--
Quiltbaby
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 4:27:41 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I got to buy fabric today, but not for me and not my money! A commissioned quilt. It felt just as good to search for the perfect print and color, and to find it. I don’t care it doesn’t belong to me. I give away the biggest majority of my quilts anyway. So I still get to enjoy the fabric. It’s a win win for me.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
cv quilter
#89 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:15:49 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Lucky you, QB.  I hope you were able to find lots of pretties on  your outing.  I'm going tomorrow to JoAnns, and ....maybe to another LQS..shhbutonlysoIcanlook and pet and feel!

SEE MY POST #42 on First Quarter 2018....I am OK. But don't know for how long.  I'm staying busy.

I was looking in my sewing room and thinking about you wanting us all to post pics of our "stash"... and I have 7 different areas that hold fabric...Much of which is organized and much that isn't.  Do you really want us to post pics of our stash?

I am going to stay true to this Challenge...but I confess, this is hard.  I am feeling weak, and REALLY want to buy something..I've actually been online with ACCU QUILT buying dies and mats just to ease the pain. Thinking that if I keep cutting the pretty fabrics I have I won't want more.  

ps, idon'tknowhowlongthiswilllast

But I'm holding on.

I envy those of you who have signed up for BOMs, have commissioned quilts, etc, and who are not participating in this Challenge.  I was not a Girl Scout, but I do solemnly swear that I will 'FESS UP' if I cave.andifidowillanyone(butme)reallyknow?  

I LOVE FABRIC

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Quiltbaby
#90 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:03:27 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

CV I was just thinking seeing all that you have in pics. Posted may be a deterrent from buying. Your so funny! This is really tough for you isn’t it? I’m sorrysad

Candis
GardenGal
#91 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:16:30 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Best thing to do is just jump in and get busy with all those UFOS, kits and things you already have around the house.  The month is nearly half over.  Keep strong. 

gg

--
Nancy_MN
#92 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:18:21 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Originally Posted by: JackieH Go to Quoted Post

And today an email with 40% off my favorite blender fabrics.

Jackie, Jackie, how about sharing this sale with those of us who aren't depriving ourselves?    You could post this over in the "sales" discussion thread.

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
cv quilter
#93 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:08:42 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: Quiltbaby Go to Quoted Post
CV I was just thinking seeing all that you have in pics. Posted may be a deterrent from buying. Your so funny! This is really tough for you isn’t it? I’m sorrysad

Candis, you're right!...I just gotta stay the course.  Honestly, I have so much,, so many kits, RxR's, a beautiful kit I have not even opened with gorgeous fabrics, 3 quilts to sandwich and quilt, Orphan blocks to make into something beautiful, my FGV, flannel galore to make sweet baby quilts for donations.  I'm not sad...just weak! LOL.  Sorry to sound like a whiner.  OK, going to just get in there and pull all my patterns out, and see what I will do with ALL that I have.   AND I do have a lot.  Thanks.

Sharon
Agnes
#94 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 9:29:06 AM(UTC)
Agnes

I've been thinking about the photo part of this challenge. My "stash" would be a little dot in the ocean if I were to compare it to most of yours. My MIL passed away in 1987. Receiving my yarn stash share changed my way of thinking about how much I want and now base it more on need. The yarn was sorted into regular green garbage bags. My haul, as well as all the other daughters and daughter-in-laws, was a bag and a half. There were nine children so 14 bags would have been filled. I sorted mine in the yard and delivered well over half to a group that was knitting and crocheting lap quilts for the new nursing home. I made many afghans from the remainder.  

The need I speak of is enough to keep me busy for a reasonable length of time. I don't need to burden my son with a household full of fabric that he will need to deal with when I no longer can. He and I discuss also what will happen with the extra quilts. Since Christmas he has mailed two parcels with quilts on my behalf. That's one queen, one large throw, one twin and one table runner that are bringing pleasure to someone I love. My "go to" size now is lap throws suitable for nursing homes or the Women's Shelter.

This is what works for me but probably not for anyone else. I did not move anything for the photos so that is why you don't see the actual fabric. The only hobby not represented in this room is cross stitch related. I have a small bookcase in the LR near where I stitch when "watching" TV. The little piles of labelled bins is the total sum of my stash and WIPs. This room is approx 8 x 14 feet including the closet. I think of this as my Happy Place.

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
Annette
#95 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 9:46:18 AM(UTC)
Annette

Well, I might be the first to bite the dust.   Had our local quilt group meeting this week.   We have a 'freebie' table that the hostesses (or anyone) can bring sewing/quilting related things they no longer want/can use.   I could have avoided going over, but no - I waited until most had already checked it out, before checking it out.   There was a pkg with a pattern called 'Bear Down Chicago Bears', a 46" x 42" football themed sampler.   It came with approx a 2 and a 3 yd piece of Chicago Cubs Football fabric (one light and one dark), and approx 2 1/2 yd piece of printed Chicago Cubs fabric, in blocks with their logo (so almost a quilt top by itself).    I couldn't help myself!   It found its way to my bag, and eventually my house.   I'm a Packer fan, but I figure I can deal with the Bears/Cubs to make a couple of cute baptismal quilts.   Thus, although I didn't purchase, I did acquire more fabric, and more UFOs. 

Annette-IA
Brigit-Carol
#96 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 10:19:43 AM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

Here are some pics of my embarrassingly large stash.  The wire racks of fabric are usually pushed under the quilt frame. Not shown are two large tubs of novelty fabric, four half-full bolts of wide fabric and 17 sheets to use for backings, four medium-lareg tubs of pre-cuts -- probably a dozen jelly rolls, 25 packs of charm squares, and more FQs than I can count (at least 150).  I really need to get busy making some pre-cut quilts.

I need to keep these pics front and center to remind myself why I don't need more fabric!  I think I could make 2 quilts a month for five years and not buy more fabric.

Quiltbaby
#97 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 11:25:54 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Brigit-Carol and Agnes thank you for sharing your photos and words. I do love seeing others stash .

Candis
Nancy_MN
#98 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 1:26:10 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Those are wonderful carts, Brigit-Carol.  What an innovative way to store fabric!

Jackie, thank for posting in the "sales" discussion!  Got my blenders ordered at 40% off Delta's already low prices!  (sorry, gals, I don't mean to rub it in )

Annette, I don't think it should count if you didn't spend any money.

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
cv quilter
#99 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 3:35:09 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Agnes, your stash looks very well organized.  I like how you labeled your picture.  Brigit-Carol, Wow, that is a stash.  I think those carts are so clever, too.  I might need to get a couple of them to slide under my cutting tables.  OK, I am going to take my pics this afternoon.  I'll post them later.  Believe me, it's not pretty out there, but it works.  I need more room.  

Sharon
cv quilter
#100 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 4:34:39 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

My stash cabinet (sorry sideways pic)                    Here are all the places I have my stash.  Most of them are on boards and labeled in plastic bins.  I am running out of room to put bins so have stacked several up.  I knew I had a lot, but looking at these pics makes me realize I have to get sewing.  Going to find all my UFOs now

Sharon
Brenda
#101 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 4:41:42 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Originally Posted by: Brigit-Carol Go to Quoted Post

Here are some pics of my embarrassingly large stash.  The wire racks of fabric are usually pushed under the quilt frame. Not shown are two large tubs of novelty fabric, four half-full bolts of wide fabric and 17 sheets to use for backings, four medium-lareg tubs of pre-cuts -- probably a dozen jelly rolls, 25 packs of charm squares, and more FQs than I can count (at least 150).  I really need to get busy making some pre-cut quilts.

I need to keep these pics front and center to remind myself why I don't need more fabric!  I think I could make 2 quilts a month for five years and not buy more fabric.

Wow you have some nice places to store them.  The room must be huge.  LOL

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Mawlinda
#102 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 11:03:10 AM(UTC)
Mawlinda

I'm checking in this morning. So far, so good. Haven't bought any fabrics yet--will try not to. Yesterday, visited my 101 year old aunt with my brother and sister. Along the way, pointed out some of the qs's that I have been to. It was tempting, but I didn't stop. 

Linda
Quiltbaby
#103 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 11:31:47 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

CV , Look at that Stash! You do have a bunch. I also like your way of storing. See you have much more than you thought!
Thanks for showing us.

Candis
dogsbody
#104 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 1:51:16 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

Wow, most of my stash would fit on ONE of those rolling carts!

cv quilter
#105 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 4:47:57 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: Quiltbaby Go to Quoted Post
CV , Look at that Stash! You do have a bunch. I also like your way of storing. See you have much more than you thought! Thanks for showing us.

Thanks QB..I know...I have lots and am really wanting to use it.  Problem for me is I have some multi-yard pieces I love and hate to cut but don't know why I have them..Going to work on finished blocks I already have and/or tops already complete and put them into a finished UFO.  I have MANY row by rows that need to be made (fabrics are all there, just need to make them) 

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed