Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
cv quilter
#43 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:43:25 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: dogsbody Go to Quoted Post

I used to make a big pot of chili, a couple loaves of homemade bread, and invite friends to play cards. No one comes any more, so I will be in bed with a good book.

dogsbody, chili, homemade bread and cards (what card game do you play?) sounds good.  Can I come to your house?  I will say being in bed with a good book sounds good, too!

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
cv quilter
#44 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:53:21 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: jw3280 Go to Quoted Post

New Year Eve, some will gather here Wii bowling and card games...... Menu for New Year's is blackeyed peas, fried cabbage and onions, corn on the cob and corn bread.......

Happy 2018 everyone..........

Jean, we RVd for years through the winter.  We had two RV friends who both made black eyed peas and cornbread for New  Years Day(they always said it was good luck).  Delicious  We have some of our own home-grown dried black eyed peas that we have kept in a jar and some wonderful thick pork bacon (cut just for a pot of beans or black eyed peas) that would make a wonderful meal.  Decisions....I think the pork and sauerkraut may win, but who's to say we can't have black eyed peas before or after???

Sharon
quiltertess
#45 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:02:19 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

Plans for New Year's Eve have changed a bit.  We have season tickets for the Ravens and the game was moved to 4:30 from 1:00.  We will still go - the tailgate itself is reason enough, but we may not stay for the whole game - temps are going to be in the low 20s and dropping.  We also have a reservation for a party at a hotel in Lancaster for that night.  It's already paid for, so we will be going, though we may get there late.  This is a first for us.  Usually we go out to dinner with my family - all my brothers and my sister and then to my brother's afterwards.  They are all going to the party at the hotel this year.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
dogsbody
#46 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:07:05 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: dogsbody Go to Quoted Post

I used to make a big pot of chili, a couple loaves of homemade bread, and invite friends to play cards. No one comes any more, so I will be in bed with a good book.

dogsbody, chili, homemade bread and cards (what card game do you play?) sounds good.  Can I come to your house?  I will say being in bed with a good book sounds good, too!

Canasta and cribbage mostly, depending on how many are playing.

cv quilter
#47 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 8:37:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

We used to play canasta with friends many years ago.  Fred played Cribbage and loved getting together with friends.  We don't get together with them anymore....time takes it's toll. 

Sharon
tracyh
#48 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 7:47:56 AM(UTC)
tracyh

Nothing too exciting NYE - hoping to still be awake when the ball drops

Like Tess and Mimi we will have pork and sauerkraut on New Years day for good luck! I hope to work on getting caught up on Bonnie Hunter's mystery!

Tracy

Brenda
#49 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 2:40:40 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Originally Posted by: quiltertess Go to Quoted Post

Plans for New Year's Eve have changed a bit.  We have season tickets for the Ravens and the game was moved to 4:30 from 1:00.  We will still go - the tailgate itself is reason enough, but we may not stay for the whole game - temps are going to be in the low 20s and dropping.  We also have a reservation for a party at a hotel in Lancaster for that night.  It's already paid for, so we will be going, though we may get there late.  This is a first for us.  Usually we go out to dinner with my family - all my brothers and my sister and then to my brother's afterwards.  They are all going to the party at the hotel this year.

That sounds like so much fun.  I wish my husband enjoyed either one of those.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

GloBug
#50 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 2:44:33 PM(UTC)
GloBug

I'm not from Pennsylvania but like Tess, Mimi and Tracy....I'll be making pork tenderloin, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy for our New Years dinner.  My husband's parents were from Allentown, PA and York, PA . . . so this was a usual New Years meal at the Schatz compound.  It's one of my favorite "good luck in the New Year" meals!

On my hispanic side of the family, my mom will serve Menudo and Tamales with salads, mexican rice and pinto beans.  I love these foods as well but my husband isn't too fond of the Menudo.  

I'm pretty certain we'll be at home watching the NYC ball drop on TV.  

Chelle
#51 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 2:57:07 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Oh my gosh Glo, my husband LOVES Menudo.  Both meals sound tasty.   No idea what we will have, I do know we will be home and I will be in chat for the party :)

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Rss Feed  Atom Feed