Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
jcorsbie
#22 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 4:11:50 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

Originally Posted by: Fabriholic Go to Quoted Post

I almost had some extra days this week, but am covering 2 12 hour graveyards tonite and tomorrow.  So my 6 days off became 4.

I did take the 23 and 24 off.  I will be baking and wrapping.  I am off Monday/Tuesday Wednesday - but I am on call Monday so I could get called in to cover a shift. 

I even took New Years Eve off this year!

Hope your plans stay as you scheduled.  Always so much to do.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
cv quilter
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:57:07 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Christmas Eve Day...excited to have MOST of our loved ones here for a simple lunch and gift giving but more importantly the gift of family.  Christmas day, not sure what Fred and I have planned...BUT we will be together.  Doesn't get much better than that.  Merry Christmas and Happy 2018 to all of you.  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
gailb
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:27:15 AM(UTC)
gailb

My holiday is bitter sweet.  I am busy packing to move back to the states and happy to be able to spend more time with family. But realizing just how much I am going to miss the great friends I've made here in Mexico.  But, especially, I will miss the kids at the orphanage.  There are a few I would love to bring home with me!    When I unpack my sewing stuff back into the house, I will definately be purging!  Lots of things for the trading post, and the freebie table in April.  Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.
crzyquilter
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 3:15:50 PM(UTC)
crzyquilter

Location: In The Land of the Lost, being held captive by the AZ Fabric Monster

I just finished a MAJOR purging of the garage. 7 Jeep loads to the Goodwill (good stuff, too). That was a job, but did my mind and soul some good. The last to go was an older treadmill that hasn't been used in years. My older bike was supposed to go too, but a young fellow actually came to the door inquiring about it. I said he could have it if he wanted it, I saw that twinkle in his eye, so how could I say no? Needless to say, it was gone within a half hour. It made me feel good that it was going to a good home.

Next is a purging of the shed (think stash). Now that's it's finally cooler, it'll be easier to work out there longer during the day. I'll probably have good stuff for the trading post, too.

As far a Christmas; DH is retired (help me!) lol We're having ham and some tradition sides. Son and family came down for Thanksgiving, so they'll be staying home this year.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Deanne
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
mimi2jefftye
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 5:37:32 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

I am working friday, and plan to leave for my sister's right after work.  Rick said he will have the car loaded and ready to go by then.  We will be there until tuesday, I did not want to drive on Christmas night.  Christmas Eve we are going to be at Linda and Lieca's with a White Elephant exchange and finger foods.  Then Christmas Day we will be at Lieca's sister's house for dinner.  It is our first Christmas without mom and the first Christmas for Lieca and her sister without their dad.

I have no days off, but plan to get some squishies ready for the trading post.  I am also going to get the craft room at the park set up.  Had to wait to get the tables from dad for the room.  Hoping to start having some ladies come use the room after the new year.

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
mgallardo68
#27 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:33:36 PM(UTC)
mgallardo68

This year we switched the celebration to the 25th instead of the 24 and we are going to have fun during the afternoon so everyone can have some resting time before going back to work on the 26th. The good thing is that everyone works from home so is like a work day in pajamas ♥

Of course, the whole crowd will be in and we are up to BBQ and side dishes and lots of snacks and desserts. It is a lazy Christmas this year but still, I will surprise them with a pork loin I marinated two days ago that I think will be done in the oven... It is huge! 

GloBug
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 2:11:23 PM(UTC)
GloBug

I've enjoyed reading all of the above posts about your holiday plans.

Deanne, I completely understand your soulful joy in purging your garage and donating to Goodwill.  I look forward to hearing about your purge of Area 51 (stash shed), lol.  And lastly, I got a lol out of your mentioning your hubby's being retired.  Mine might retire next June...or not, but either way I'm preparing my mind mentally for his presence with me once he retires.

Maria, your pork loin looks delicious!!  Merry Christmas!

As for me, Bob & I have been so busy shopping, wrapping, baking and cooking as we head into tomorrow, Christmas Day.  We've also been to a few Christmas parties and did our annual cooking decorating with our "kids" and their partners.  I'm really tired but it's so worth it all...just having so much fun with family and good, good friends!  Merry Christmas Everyone!!

~Glo

jcorsbie
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 3:38:47 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

As of today, the 24th, I have had DD and DGD.  They arrived unannounced and I was not ready.  But it has been a lot of fun as we have been acting like it was going to be Christmas Day tomorrow every single day.  We are on our 5th time of baking and decorating cookies.  If they don't last until morning this time, Santa won't be getting any.  

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New York.  Keep your ears to the ground some new ideas for QATW swaps next year.  First one will be announced during Bingo (if that is a go on New Year's Eve).  You want to be there to hear the news.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
Verla
#30 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:32:53 PM(UTC)
Verla

I have been binding quilts late evenings, and playing and seeing family and friends days.  Sometimes binding with friends.

I spent 1 day quilting on a quilt for DiWoodruff,  If it is not to icy   will be doing that tomorrow also and It will be finished and a  the next one of hers started with the church group.  I got that marked last Wednesday. 

I am flying Thursday back to Louisiana and will finishing some block swaps I have,  one for the local group and one for here.  They were supposed to get done this week, but .......   anyway we cannot do everything. 

Vacation is so nice to play quilter all week long.  We had ice and snow for Christmas.  Better today

VERLA WIPs - XMAStrees2, Sew Oregons (5), I Spy Kids, UFO's (many)
frankied
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 1:49:12 AM(UTC)
frankied

Loved reading what everyone was up to well I had my niece, her boyfriend, and a nearly 2 year old great neice join me sister and brother in law for both christmas day and boxing day. Now peace and quiet has returned to the house as much as i loved having them really glad i can get back to my sewing. Christmas day dinner was Roast turkey, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, carrots, roast parsnips, mashed swede, brussel sprouts, stuffing and yorkshire pudding followed by Chocolate mousse for afters, it was lovely but glad i had done my exercises on my nintendo wii before everyone got up in the morning (although i think maybe i should have done at least an hour longer)

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Nancy_MN
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:35:54 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Oh, I need another British language lesson, Frances.  What is "mashed sweed?"

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Nana bear
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:42:47 AM(UTC)
Nana bear

I think it is Rutabaga Nancy

Happy holidays 

Deb

Deb
Quilting and quilt retreats makes me happy!
dogsbody
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:00:53 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

Yes, and usually known as Neeps in Scotland.

frankied
#35 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 12:08:47 AM(UTC)
frankied

Originally Posted by: Nancy_MN Go to Quoted Post

Oh, I need another British language lesson, Frances.  What is "mashed sweed?"

Yes as has been mentioned you call it Rutabaga (sounds more like a swear word to me) and we mash it with a little butter and lots of pepper. really yummy, and yes in Scotland the wonderful people of Scotland call them neeps.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Nancy_MN
#36 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:28:44 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Sorry, you all can keep your sweeds and neeps and rutebegas. That is a taste I never acquired despite my mother trying for years to get me to eat it.

What will you be serving to welcome the New Year? We'll be enjoying grilled prawns, twice-baked potatoes, glazed carrots, and a green salad.

...and I'll be in the chat room for Bingo!

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
quiltertess
#37 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 10:56:21 AM(UTC)
quiltertess

New Year's Day dinner will be pork tenderloin with sauerkraut.  Its considered a "good luck" dish in this area.  DH also makes a pot of oyster stew.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Mimi
#38 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 12:27:35 PM(UTC)
Mimi

I'm with tess, pork loin and sauerkraut for good luck in 2018.

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
empeywl
#39 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 12:36:23 PM(UTC)
empeywl

Location: at the foot of the rocky mountains along the Wasatch front range

not planning anything. We will most likley play a board game or two. Havn't stayed up for years to bring in the new year. I will most likely check into chat once or twice though.

Wendy Empey
cv quilter
#40 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 12:37:34 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

OOH, Pork Loin and Sauerkraut sounds delicious.  We have lots of pork in the freezer and I have sauerkraut in the pantry.  I think you just made our New Years Day menu decision.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
jw3280
#41 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 1:14:50 PM(UTC)
jw3280

New Year Eve, some will gather here Wii bowling and card games...... Menu for New Year's is blackeyed peas, fried cabbage and onions, corn on the cob and corn bread.......

Happy 2018 everyone..........

jean/tn
nothing better than sleeping under a quilt...
dogsbody
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:03:51 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

I used to make a big pot of chili, a couple loaves of homemade bread, and invite friends to play cards. No one comes any more, so I will be in bed with a good book.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed