Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
GardenGal
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 1:34:18 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

What are you planning to do with any extra time off you 'might' be getting??   The new year is coming so now might be a good time to do a bit of cleaning and getting rid of things that are just in your way and wont get used or finished.   The trading post and other quilters are waiting on ya!  ;)

gg

--
Leslie
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 1:53:47 PM(UTC)
Leslie

well i've never been accused of being the shinest penny in the pile i volunteered to work the extra days they were giving us off

Leslie
quiltertess
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 8:32:01 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I am only planning on taking the day after Christmas off this year.  I will have to take time off for my pre-op stuff and then of course I will have at least 2 weeks off after the first of the year - maybe more depending on my doctor's recommendation.

I had planned to clean out my downstairs sewing room after the holidays, but that is on hold for now.  

The kids will all be here for Christmas Eve dinner and then again on Christmas morning.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
GardenGal
#4 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 7:16:06 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

This year I will be a grandma at the holiday because Jace will be spending a lot of time here.  His dad has to work so I get to watch him every day.    He changes so much ever 2 weeks it's just amazing to me.  NOTHING in the world like having him turn to look at me and have him put a huge smile on his face to tell me he is GLAD he saw me.  sooo very happy.

When he takes naps, I run to the sewing room and press, cut or sew... anything to help stay caught up with the mystery or finish up something I can gift out of the house.   I do have plenty to put on the trading post but I have been just taking it to retreats to gift on the freebie tables... since there are still 4 months until the next retreat, I will find things now that are the size that I can mail.  I don't want to make a profit, I just want the space and to help another quilter grow their stash. 

hohoho, gg

--
firesidequilter
#5 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 7:20:24 AM(UTC)
firesidequilter

Location: where mother nature turned her head on the Mississippi River

WOOHOO GG...isnt it the best feeling when they smile & hug & kiss ya...you know its real LOVE!!

No extra days given...but I took Tuesday off for me...I haven't told family.  I plan on doing whatever I want!  I will leave house like i am going to work, go have a nice breakfast...then return home once they all have left!  Then I plan on playing in sewing zone!

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo...
Mawlinda
#6 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 8:28:58 AM(UTC)
Mawlinda

We leave in a few min. to take my grandson and his wife to the airport in New Orleans for their delayed honeymoon to Japan. They'll be gone until 1/3/18.  Christmas day our whole family (4 sons, wives and 13 children plus boyfriends and girlfriends) will be here. It's funny, 'cause I like to have gifts for everyone and you never know if there will be a new "boyfriend or girlfriend." So I have 1 or 2 extra gifts.

I think we're ready to go. More later.

Linda
Nancy_MN
#7 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 8:35:16 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

A prime roast will be roasting on the open fire (er, in the oven); Jack Frost will be nipping at my nose (major temp. drop forecasted here); Yule Tide carols will be sung by the choir (on Spotify); and folks will, indeed, be dressed like Eskimos. We do the holidays right up here in the Northland!

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Agnes
#8 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 9:34:24 AM(UTC)
Agnes

Nancy--Love your post.

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
Mawlinda
#9 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 10:27:24 AM(UTC)
Mawlinda

We're back from the airport and having a very wet and foggy day. Just right for quilting.

Linda
Cosmocat12
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:53:31 PM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

I am working up until Christmas Day. Then Christmas Day and Boxing Day are off for me (just the luck of the roster there). Them back to work on the 27th. I am running around like a mad woman trying to get things done. My MIL is coming to stay tomorrow, and I have the last of the cleaning in the spare room and bathroom to do tonight after work. Last night I was up finishing a quilt for a Christmas/birthday gift for my brother.

Christmas time in Brisbane is hot, hot hot. It's humid and too darn hot. I wish it would rain and be done with it. We will eat salads and cold meats on Christas day and the kids will swim in the pool. Then later in the afternoon when it cools down a bit (if it doesn't rain) we will walk to the park for a play.  We did judt install two new ceiling fans in my sewing area too.

I did get on ebay last week and order some goodies for myself. A new rotary cutter, blades, new scissors and a batik jelly roll. All are to arrive in the next few weeks. Oh and I am tidying up my sewing area as it had gotten really messy these last few months. 

Tracey
Chelle
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 4:36:56 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Well, lol I feel like I am working the next two weeks since both DH and Max will be home.  Kidding.  As far as I know we are hanging out at the house, working on our projects.  

I may see if I can find anything to put on the trading post. Lol currently no one is interested in my panels... GG I may have to do what you said- use them.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
JudyT
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 5:17:32 PM(UTC)
JudyT

My plan is to go through the big bags of wool I was given by one of my clients, an arts and crafts Thrift Store for. After the first of the year I hope to put the wool and maybe some flimsy's on the Trading Post.  I have to felt the wool first. Or, sell it cheap unfelted?

Judy in the Pacific Northwest
Teatime
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:08:42 PM(UTC)
Teatime

I have a little extra time. Wrapping presents and some quilting. Have to shut down my sewing room a couple of days before Christmas because my sewing room is the dining room! 

Marian
dogsbody
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:46:09 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

I'm always good with "cheap", Judy. I can handle felting.

Fabriholic
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:44:28 PM(UTC)
Fabriholic

I almost had some extra days this week, but am covering 2 12 hour graveyards tonite and tomorrow.  So my 6 days off became 4.

I did take the 23 and 24 off.  I will be baking and wrapping.  I am off Monday/Tuesday Wednesday - but I am on call Monday so I could get called in to cover a shift. 

I even took New Years Eve off this year!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
elliebell650
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 11:16:25 PM(UTC)
elliebell650

We are going to friends this year in NSW just for the Christmas period and we will return to the coast day after Boxing Day.
The week of NY sees me volunteering back at Meals on Wheels as the head Chef is having the three days off to be with her son who is visiting from America. The whole family have hired a house so they can all be together going to be an awesome visit for all.
In the NY I am hoping to sew, we have been told it will probably be early March before our new apartment is ready that is if it isn't wayyyy to hot.

Marg
Mimi
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 8:01:01 AM(UTC)
Mimi

I'm looking forward to using the living room again after the great deal of purging and trashing that has been going on.  It is finally usable again and I've given away many bags of yarn to a local retirement home.  The older ladies are so excited and I'm glad to be rid of it.  I'm ready to put many things up for sale on the Trading Post in the new year.  Just too much to use in the lifetime I have remaining.

As for Christmas, this week we have the two DGDs with us to help save on day care costs. Their winter break started Monday. Then DD and DS with spouses will arrive on Sunday.  I haven't seen our DGS in almost 9 months and can't wait to see what tricks he has up his sleeve. It will be soooo great to have the whole family together for Christmas.  Since both spouses have food allergies, the cooking will be simple but filling; lasagna on Christmas eve and turkey tetrazzini on Christmas.  The house will be empty by Tuesday and I'll try and get more cleaning and sorting done in the sewing room.  And catch up on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt before the reveal.  

Happy Christmas to all and a very prosperous New Year!! 

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
monalee
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:42:43 AM(UTC)
monalee

My plan is to go see Ellie and Gage until xmas, then they head to Nebraska to other side of family. I will be back with Taylin and Teague xmas day. 187 miles between grands keeps me busy. Two storms coming Wednesday and Friday that may change plans.

Brenda
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 1:26:00 PM(UTC)
Brenda

My daughter and Sil are hosting Christmas this year since they have a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 week old it will be easier.  I am providingmy the Ham and my daughter's, husband and MIL will do all the cooking.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

jcorsbie
#20 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 4:08:32 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

Originally Posted by: monalee Go to Quoted Post

My plan is to go see Ellie and Gage until xmas, then they head to Nebraska to other side of family. I will be back with Taylin and Teague xmas day. 187 miles between grands keeps me busy. Two storms coming Wednesday and Friday that may change plans.

Safe travels & Merry Christmas, Mona.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
jcorsbie
#21 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 4:10:44 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

Originally Posted by: Mimi Go to Quoted Post

I'm looking forward to using the living room again after the great deal of purging and trashing that has been going on.  It is finally usable again and I've given away many bags of yarn to a local retirement home.  The older ladies are so excited and I'm glad to be rid of it.  I'm ready to put many things up for sale on the Trading Post in the new year.  Just too much to use in the lifetime I have remaining.

As for Christmas, this week we have the two DGDs with us to help save on day care costs. Their winter break started Monday. Then DD and DS with spouses will arrive on Sunday.  I haven't seen our DGS in almost 9 months and can't wait to see what tricks he has up his sleeve. It will be soooo great to have the whole family together for Christmas.  Since both spouses have food allergies, the cooking will be simple but filling; lasagna on Christmas eve and turkey tetrazzini on Christmas.  The house will be empty by Tuesday and I'll try and get more cleaning and sorting done in the sewing room.  And catch up on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt before the reveal.  

Happy Christmas to all and a very prosperous New Year!! 

What fun!  DD & DGD have been here for almost two weeks now - surprise arrival -- wasn't ready so I have been working at night after everyone has gone to bed.  Wish I had my purge done .  Going to try right after the first of the year.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed