Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
EliQuilts
#22 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 2:32:48 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

Updated

Awe, LaDawn, it counts if any of those Christmas presents' patterns were already purchased or it they were planned since last year!  Come play with us

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
Brenda
#23 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 6:41:01 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Verla

I really love that quilt you just quilted.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

uspslady
#24 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 8:24:01 PM(UTC)
uspslady

My #12 has been complete for quite awhile, so if I get a chance to work on anything, it will be my FLASH and/or my Forest Floor.  However, I am diligently working on pillow cases (I found two kits that I purchased several years ago and they were so easy that I started making my own).  I've completed 11 in the last week.  Still need to make a few more so everyone in the family gets a special one.

deb.morseth
#25 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 10:27:51 PM(UTC)
deb.morseth

Chelle, wow. Lovely, but lots of work. Looking like you will make it!

Verla, that turned out so nice. Loved seeing it at the retreat. So special!

Bridget-Carol, it looks great! They will love it!

Karla, pillow cases is all I have left to make for Christmas. I had forgotten. I only need four. Have Minnesota fabric as a memory of our camping with our nieces and nephew. And you've done eleven so quickly. You rock!

My #13 is Whirlwind. But I know I won't have time to finish it. Dang. I can't keep up, but I sure love what I did finish with you all. Fun year!
MN DEB from Mall of America land
Angele3
#26 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:07:48 PM(UTC)
Angele3

I wasn’t sure we were doing December. I’ve finished quilting 2 of my UFOs . I will check their numbers when I get in my sewing room
For now I’m working on this
Tree skirt
Brigit-Carol
#27 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 11:13:18 AM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

I have a finish, but it is bittersweet, to say the least. 

This past Sunday our pastor announced that a wonderful person in the church has been diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. This was a blow to many of us as R. is only 51 and is involved in many church ministries. One of which is the Eden gardeners who take care of the planting in and around the columbarium. 

I wanted to make a prayer quilt for him that honoured his creative and ardent support of this organization, but I only had two days to do so since we met Wednesday evening. So... I pulled out some swap blocks from last winter on another board, added a floral block to each corner to represent the Eden Gardeners, sashed, bordered, and quilted it. Unfortunately he wasn't able to be at the meeting but our pastor delivered the quilt to him yesterday. 

The first picture is the swap blocks as they looked Monday morning, and the second is the finished quilt that was done by Wednesday evening.  I've never made a quilt this fast before.  Sleep? Who needs sleep?  

Chelle
#28 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 8:14:05 PM(UTC)
Chelle

My 5.0 Log cabin is finished.  This one is really staying with me, not giving it to anyone! Laughing  Looking at my list the only project I didnt finish, or even start for that matter was Farm Girl Vintage.  It is on my list for 2018. 

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Brigit-Carol
#29 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 1:05:29 PM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

Chelle - lovely log cabin.  I want to make one like that some day.  Did you foundation piece it?  

Chelle
#30 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 9:56:09 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Thank you.  No I didn't foundation piece it.

Teatime
#31 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 6:40:58 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Hi Brigit-Carol, your 2 quilts are absolutely lovey. Thoughts are with you and your friend. Chelle, your log cabin is so well done - a lot of hard work there.

Here are my 2 for the month of Dec. Moose on the Porch 2010 Jelly Roll challenge.  I finished 12 blocks for both colorways. Next up - shashing....

Marian
EliQuilts
#32 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 10:02:13 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

Updated. 

Haven't done much of anything, myself.  Depression's been acting up.  Oh, and as of tomorrow morning, we'll have had 2 city inspections, the landlord over 4 times, and Child Services because reasons.  Or so the original inspectors thought.  The social worker was less scary than the inspectors and she's seen so very much worse.  We're working on straightening and de-cluttering but this is not the task of a couple days, especially when you're depressed. 

Teatime
#33 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 11:12:38 AM(UTC)
Teatime

Oh Elizabeth - sounds like tough times. Stay strong and pull on the love you find around you.

Marian
EliQuilts
#34 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 2:04:22 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

Thank you Marian. 

I am doing a little on Washington Square.  Cutting a few more blocks out.

Brigit-Carol
#35 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 11:12:45 AM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

Teatime, I love both of your quilts.  I'm partial to blue, but the gold and brown one is stunning. 

I was impressed to see that the instructions for this quilt-along is still live: http://moosequilts.blogspot.com/2010/02/jelly-roll-sampler-quilt-along-2010.html

Chelle
#36 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 11:57:46 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Oh EliQuilts my thoughts are with you.

Teatime
#37 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 8:40:33 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Originally Posted by: Brigit-Carol Go to Quoted Post

Teatime, I love both of your quilts.  I'm partial to blue, but the gold and brown one is stunning. 

I was impressed to see that the instructions for this quilt-along is still live: http://moosequilts.blogspot.com/2010/02/jelly-roll-sampler-quilt-along-2010.html

Yes, it's still live. So many beautiful samples on the website. My LQG did it this this year and we'll have the big reveal in February. We'll see what everyone has come up with. It was so much fun! Although I had to play major catch-up the last couple of weeks. 

Marian
traildancer
#38 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:22:09 AM(UTC)
traildancer

Hello, ladies. Lovely work you are doing.
I think I will start on my 12 later today. It's a small tablerunner.
Also I have been working on projects from the monthly Sew Sampler Box--two quilts and a tablerunner

So sorry about your depression. I hope you can feel some peace in your soul this season.

Merry Christmas everyone!
The trail is the thing....Louis L'Amour
Verla
#39 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 7:49:09 PM(UTC)
Verla

December Project completed this week.

Rosie or WeCanDoIT  http://www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com/gallery/fullsize.aspx?aid=131&pid=85293

60 x 66inches,  Hand quilted, Swap blocks.

http://www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com/gallery/fullsize.aspx?aid=131&pid=85309

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas.  

I had 2 quilts I gave for gifts, and 3 that went to Charity Christmas events and new homes.  Makes me feel nice to see them in use.

VERLA WIP - XMAS trees 2, Sew ORegons (5), BOM LQS=Saintly Stars
Brigit-Carol
#40 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 5:20:54 PM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

Teatime -- I really like the block in the center of the fourth row on each of your quilts.  It looks a bit like a cross.  But it isn't on the website along with the patterns of the other blocks.  Where did you get the pattern for that block?  I could probably puzzle it out, but would much prefer to follow a pattern.  I think a quilt made with those blocks in different colours would be smashing. 

monalee
#41 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:45:42 PM(UTC)
monalee

I worked on Ellie's bookcase quilt yesterday.  One more row to sew together and then I can start putting in the shelves.  Not sure if it will be done by the new year but its getting closer.  Need a table set up so I can sandwich Gage's quilt and get it finished.  I did get Teague and Taylin quilted stocking made by Christmas Eve so Santa could use them.  

Teatime
#42 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 10:10:45 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Originally Posted by: Brigit-Carol Go to Quoted Post

Teatime -- I really like the block in the center of the fourth row on each of your quilts.  It looks a bit like a cross.  But it isn't on the website along with the patterns of the other blocks.  Where did you get the pattern for that block?  I could probably puzzle it out, but would much prefer to follow a pattern.  I think a quilt made with those blocks in different colours would be smashing. 

Hi Brigit-Carol, It's block #10. The designer posted a couple of different ways to do it. By turning the corner blocks. She has instructions under "Tips for Block #10"

Did you take a look at the flicker site with about a thousand pictures? It really is an excellent BOM. 

https://www.flickr.com/groups/1343277@N20/ 

Marian
Rss Feed  Atom Feed