Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Brigit-Carol
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2017 3:25:37 PM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

Wow!  Love your French braid.  Is that made from batiks?

MargeP
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2017 4:38:56 PM(UTC)
MargeP

I am beginning to sound like a broken record   My #2 is done I will try the Birthday Blocks and the Pinwheel AGAIN - third time is a charm, right?

MargeP
brownquilting
#24 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2017 7:10:36 AM(UTC)
brownquilting

Originally Posted by: Brigit-Carol Go to Quoted Post
Wow! Love your French braid. Is that made from batiks?

Yes batiks and some additional fabrics once I ran out.
Lorraine
Deep in the heart of .....
EliQuilts
#25 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 3:14:45 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

I've made about a dozen blocks for the anniversary quilt.

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
Bonita
#26 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 3:28:02 PM(UTC)
Bonita

My #2 is the Lucy Boston blocks. Blocks are done just need to add them to a background block. Not going to pick another # until I make some headway with Dear Lucy.

Bonita
Chelle
#27 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 3:43:57 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I got the log cabins done that were going to border the listed log cabin UFO but the colors don't work together, so now I will have another log cabin quilt to finish.

I need to trim the original log cabin and figure out if I have enough fabric for a border, or two borders, lol or go on ebay and see if there are any log cabin blocks for sale to use.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Chelle
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 10:28:57 PM(UTC)
Chelle

First log cabin quilt is a top. Hubby loves the dark green fabric I used for the border.  Once I get backing I will move forward with it more.  I plan to work on the other set of log cabin blocks while this one is on hold.

Fabriholic
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:37:59 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Chelle, that turned out beautiful!   Love it!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
LaDawn
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:30:08 PM(UTC)
LaDawn

Here's my boot quilt progress. I'm waiting on some fabric to arrive for the borders. I orginally bought some blue star fabric, but now I think that might make it too July 4th-ish. I would've loved to have the same fabric that I used to border the center, but, of course, I only had barely enough to use it there; and it's out of print. I did find some from the same collection on etsy, so we'll see if I like either of those better than the orginal fabric I chose.

And the back. Here you can see all the sections. I do believe this will be my last queen sized quilt!!

monalee
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:58:25 PM(UTC)
monalee

I love your boot quilt LaDawn! I made one boot quilt and swore it would be the only one but I may weaken.
loveslife
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 9:47:01 AM(UTC)
loveslife

I got the backing pieced for the cat quilt, and yesterday basted the quilt, crawling around on the kitchen floor with a stiff back. My least favorite part of the process. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for today, but as soon as I can I want to get to the quilting. I would love to hand this off next week. I will be doing the binding by machine.

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Brigit-Carol
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:39:43 PM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

I just noticed Dorothy from Wizard of Oz on one the boots.  Neat!

I've gotten the top done on one of the Triangle Frenzy table runners.  And I've decided on the sashing fabric for the quilt blocks.  So at least I'm making some progress.

traildancer
#34 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 10:48:50 AM(UTC)
traildancer

Here is a baby quilt, Falling Charms, from Missouri Star.  I made it for the brand new grand-daughter of the local Chevron.  And she's a cutie.

The quilt's not bad either!!!!

The trail is the thing....Louis L'Amour
traildancer
#35 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 10:53:59 AM(UTC)
traildancer

Forgot to check my #2.  It is Sacajawea and it was finished back in April.

So, I will be working on a new quilt by Laura Heine--a collage quilt for a gift for the folks we stayed with in TX.

Also, I will be starting on the tracing for another Northern Wilderness quilt.

And I forgot to look at the bonus project.  But I think I already have some!!

Okay, I went back to look at my list.  21 is the Craftsy BOM by Kim Diehl.  And I probably won't work on it.  Never know.

The trail is the thing....Louis L'Amour
loveslife
#36 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 10:51:31 PM(UTC)
loveslife

The cat quilt is ready for binding!

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Chelle
#37 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:20:28 AM(UTC)
Chelle

I had to put my log cabin top in the closet.  I need to order backing a little bit larger than what I got.... may have had a bit of shrinkage when I washed it.  

So, am thinking I will start putting the other set of blocks together, maybe I can have two tops done in November :)  Need to get a couple king size battings  this week.

monalee
#38 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 10:18:19 AM(UTC)
monalee

I finished a carpenter star quilt top, now I have several to quilt up.  I'm going to work on Ellie's bookcase blocks today, hoping to finish those up.  Still looking for the right backing for Gage's quilt, he wanted pink but I'm sure mom and dad don't want pink on his tractor quilt lol  My daughter needs a baby quilt for a friend so guess I'll get busy on it too.  So glad to be back in the sewing mode, leaving for Hawaii the day after Thanksgiving so I better step it up.

uspslady
#39 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 9:31:10 AM(UTC)
uspslady

I feel like I've been gone forever, it's been so long since I've on this site.  Traveling all of August, not a thing done in the quilting world during August even though I took it all with me.  September and October it has been painting the house and detached garage (outside).  Today I'm waiting for my new windows to be installed.  This required me to disassemble the quilting room (frame, cutting area, etc.) to clear the space around the windows.  What a job!  It takes just as long to disassemble the quilting frame and machine as it does to set it up.  Now I'm wondering if I'll ever get it set up again.  The only sewing I have done is to work on the BOM from my LQS and as soon as the frame is set up again, I can quilt it.  My grand plans for getting all of my tops quilted this year sure fell apart.  

Anyway, my #2 has been completed for quite some time.  If I get a chance to get any completed this month, it will be the Forest Floor BOM, the Mystery Quilt, and the one for my grandson and the one for his fiancee.  (Yes, they became engaged at the end of October, but don't plan on getting married for 3 years.  Now I've got to go look up the numbers for the 4 quilts I plan on finishing this month, so I can post them.

uspslady
#40 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 9:40:52 AM(UTC)
uspslady

OK, I'm going to complete these before Christmas if I can get my frame set back up, LOL.

#12, Winter Solstice, red/black/white

#13  Winter Solstice, blue/teal/purple

#41  FLASH Mystery Quilt

#42  Forest Floor BOM

All of the above are completed tops and I'll post pics when I can get to the tops through the disarray of the quilting room.  And if I have extra time, (LOL) I might start on #21, which is a QOV that has not been started at all, right now it is just a panel.  

I think I'm glad to be back.  Sure missed attending a retreat this year, maybe I can do 2 next year.

uspslady
#41 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 11:45:09 AM(UTC)
uspslady

Oh, I forgot another one that I've got to get done before Christmas!  #35, Tara's baby quilt, hasn't been started yet, but I have bought the fabric.  The baby was born last week, a 10 pound bouncing baby boy named Jaxon Ryker.  Oh, my, do I have my work cut out for me this month.  And I really wanted to get some craft items done for the Church Christmas Craft Sale...oh well, what gets done, gets done.

Chelle
#42 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 11:56:11 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Holy smokes you have a lot planned!  I don't know about you but I was so sad when I wasnt able to work on projects because of life getting in the way.  Welcome back! :)

Rss Feed  Atom Feed