Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

marigold
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:01:26 PM(UTC)
marigold

I have been wandering through the FabShopHop shops and looking at so much gorgeous fabric. I have seldom purchased fabric on-line but seeing all this eye-candy makes me want to do that. (Like I needed the encouragement )

Do you buy a lot of fabric on-line? Do you have favorite sites that you order from? Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks in advance! (Although I suspect my husband won't be nearly as grateful as I will in getting help adding to my stash. )

mari

Life is short ... buy the fabric!
Chelle
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:19:28 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I generally do most of my shopping online.  I go to sites that have older fabric (lower prices) like thousandsofbolts or marshalldrygoodswholesale.  

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Quiltbaby
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:35:28 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I like fabric.com and equilter. Sometimes ebay if I’m looking for something specific.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
stitchintime
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:40:21 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

I usually order online when I am looking for something specific or if there is a really good sale.  Some of my favorites are Bear Creek Quilting, WashTub Quilts, River City Quilts and Jinny Beyer Studio (all are quick to ship and WashTub has a rewards program).  Also love Equilter tho' their shipping was a little slower.  Used to order from Missouri Star quite frequently but just don't like their new website and having to click thru pages and pages.  I really do like to see fabric in person and make sure I continue to support local quilt stores also.

Barb... The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks
Chelle
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:41:33 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Oh yes, I like equilter and fabric.com.  Equilter is in CO so I usually get items quickly.  I do Hacocks paducah when its on sale.. sometimes.  I basically shop around for the best price.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
loveslife
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:17:13 AM(UTC)
loveslife

I too order a lot online, mostly the shops mentioned here, though I'm glad to see some new ones from Barb. I will need to check those out. I just got a really nice order from thousands of bolts that I am really happy with.

I pop into my LQS sometimes and try to support them. A fun fact, I live about 20 minutes from equilter, and have a retail account set up with them so I can pick up the order rather than pay shipping. The gals there are so sweet!

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Dorian
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:28:59 PM(UTC)
Dorian

I live an hours drive away from any quilt shops, so I do almost all my fabric shopping online. I use those mentioned here as well as Bear creek quilting, quilt fabric closeouts , and shabby fabrics to name a few...

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
dogsbody
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:49:35 AM(UTC)
dogsbody

Since I can just DRIVE to Marshalls Dry Goods in about 20 minutes, I seldom shop on-line. Tried a few, and why is it the more expensive ones have the worst service?

marigold
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:14:57 PM(UTC)
marigold

Lots of good places to try. Thanks everyone!

We have only a couple of LQS. One I avoid except at the annual shop hop. I took 2 beginner classes there and was sorely disappointed in what I DIDNT learn. And I suspect it's just me, but I always feel a little "talked down to" at the LQS. Maybe it's just that I know I don't know so I figure THEY know I don't know and it's annoying to them. There's a big quilt guild in the area that has that same sort of vibe. I'm unsure of myself enough! So on-line sounds like a good option.

Thanks again for the info!

mari

Life is short ... buy the fabric!
Regina
#10 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 7:20:45 AM(UTC)
Regina

I've had good results shopping online. I've found fabricthat my LQS didn't carry and at great prices. I am lucky, too, to live near Equilter so I can order and pick up purchases sometimes on the same day.

Regina

Rss Feed  Atom Feed