Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

cv quilter
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 5:34:44 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I'm exhausted! For two nights in a row Fred and I have stayed out late (well...late for me)  We have had two wonderful nights of entertainment, but I can't hardly take it anymore  We bought tickets to the Arizona Cowboy Poets Gathering, a wonderful evening of poetry, music, fun, for Thursday night.  While there, we were given 2 free tickets for Friday night.  OK, thanks.  BUT, we didn't get home until 10:30 pm Thursday, later than I like to get ready for bed.  Had to take my nighttime meds, let them take effect, clean  up, love on the dog who had been alone for 5 hours, and then try to go to sleep.  Friday night, the same thing, except the show ran 1/2 hour longer than Friday's.  Got home at 11 :(  Same scenario, come home do all the things I did on Friday night, and now it's impossible to get to sleep.  This is the 30th year for this event, a really big thing here in Prescott.  I really do love the cowboy poety and music!   I hoped against hope we would not be given free tickets again for tonight.  Today, we wanted to go to one of the free shows to see our neighbor as she played guitar and sang (some of the songs she has written).  Nice!  Now I'm home, wanting to catch up on my Block #7 MQ blocks and do some other things I love to do, such as quilting/sewing.  That being said, if you ever get the chance to get to Prescott around the 2nd week in August, and can plan ahead, make sure to get some tickets to the Arizona Poets Gathering.  It's wonderful...truly...it's just exhausting for this old lady.

Sharon
EvelynB
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 5:48:43 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Funny girl! I've always been an early sleeper until I retired Now my children are the ones going to bed by 9pm. I get tired gettin up with them in the mornings. My normal time to rise is 8am. They're out running by 5:30am. At least you were having a good time. I'd be exhausted if I had to get dressed up to go out so much.
Quiltbaby
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 5:53:24 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

CV your a busy girl. Have you thought about starting a Blog on here, you have so many cool things that are happening. I'd like to read about all of thembigGrin
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
cv quilter
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:48:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Evelyn and Candis,  I have had a really great 3 days/2 nights.  JUST have to say that I love what we do, have done it for YEARS, but OMG, I get tired!  I get up, usually by 6:15, but this morning, I found myself looking at the clock at 6:44 (groan)...got up, brushed my hair, ran the faucet til the water was hot (takes forever), got on the scale (I DON'T LIKE IT) brushed my teeth, and came out to the coffee Fred had already brewed.  Fred is so ready to go (don't know how he does it...he has so much grit)

Candis, thanks for your post...yes I have thought about a blog, but my life is pretty normal, mundane.  It's fun to "insert" and maybe just give glimpses to my life.  I love seeing everyone else's.

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed