Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

erindipity
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:59:31 PM(UTC)
erindipity

Today Cupcake had an eye doctor appointment and she has optic nerve drusen. She needs glasses and an eye patch as well.  Do any of you know where a good (and easy) eye patch pattern is?  I want to make her several to go with different outfits. Thanks in advance. 

erindipity
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:01:44 PM(UTC)
erindipity

I've found a couple of good patterns through a sewing group on facebook.  

cv quilter
#3 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 9:26:18 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sorry about Cupcakes eye issues.  Hope the glasses help and I'm sure she'll love to have some eye patches that match outfits.  How old is she?  

Sharon
erindipity
#4 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 11:25:55 PM(UTC)
erindipity

She is eight and it really bothers me that she is basically blind in her left eye and she loves to read, craft, sew and play sports.  Our prayers now are that her left eye does not get any worse and that her right eye stays good!

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Sorry about Cupcakes eye issues.  Hope the glasses help and I'm sure she'll love to have some eye patches that match outfits.  How old is she?  

cv quilter
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 9:14:26 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Erin, how hard it must be for all of you but especially for Cupcake.  Will this blindness ever be corrected at all?  

Sharon
Agnes
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 9:59:35 AM(UTC)
Agnes

Erin, as a mother of a son who has been blind in his left eye since he was 10 and he is now 43 our continued prayer is that the right eye stays strong. The body adjusts. At point of detection he was way past the point where glasses could do any correction. He wears protective glasses because of his job and hobbies and to watch him in action one would never know that he has sight in only one eye. In recent years he has developed nusiance issues and new conditions in the left eye that have no effect on his sight. The sharpness with which his right eye sees things is frustrating to me as I have never had such good vision with perfectly normal eyes that are now aging.

May Cupcake and all of you come to grips with the diagnosis. Cupcake is young enough to adjust well and with time will hardly remember the time with full vision.

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
erindipity
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:22:15 PM(UTC)
erindipity

Sharon, the nerves in her left are dead and she will neve have full vision in that eye again.  The hope is that the glasses/eye patch will prevent more loss in the left eye. There has never been trauma or anything to trigger this, it is just her path.  As of now her eye is still greenish brown and we hope it doesn't glaze over and change color.  

Agnes, Thank you. We too pray that her right eye stays 20/20.  She loves soccer and softball so she will need protective eyewear to play sports; if sje stays interested.  

cv quilter
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:07:04 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Erin, it's hard to think about that little Cupcake will have to overcome the challenges facing her. But seems like she has good support from you and hopefully she will.  I pray for little Cupcake and that the doctors (who we put all of our faith in) will provide a good solution.  

Sharon
erindipity
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 4:07:28 PM(UTC)
erindipity

thank you

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Erin, it's hard to think about that little Cupcake will have to overcome the challenges facing her. But seems like she has good support from you and hopefully she will.  I pray for little Cupcake and that the doctors (who we put all of our faith in) will provide a good solution.  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed