Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<17181920>
JudyT
#379 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:24:05 PM(UTC)
JudyT

My goodness Candis. You continue to outdo yourself. It’s beautiful and so well arranged.
Judy in the Pacific Northwest
Quiltbaby
#380 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:35:26 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Judy, Thank You, it always means so much to me when you like what I do. I love your work and find it inspiring..  Much respect from me!

A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
GloBug
#381 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 1:24:45 AM(UTC)
GloBug

Yup Candis....another beauty for sure!!  You son's girlfriend is gonna love it!!

And it's not like I need to learn or start a new project    BUTTTT . . . your OBW's keep inspiring me to give it a try. 

cv quilter
#382 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 9:05:00 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Candis, I think you are the WONDER of OBWs.  Beautiful!  Now you can cut up that other fabric that has been calling you.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Leslie
#383 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 9:50:39 AM(UTC)
Leslie

Beautiful beautiful Candis💜💜💜💜💜💜
Leslie
Mawlinda
#384 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 12:35:22 PM(UTC)
Mawlinda

Candis, just beautiful. Have three fabrics so far to try, one day. And your beautiful works just keep nagging at me--in a good way.

Linda
Quiltbaby
#385 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 1:05:07 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Thanks to all! Ya’ll are so kind.

Linda. Come on. Jump in. I have seen your work. I have no doubt with your creativity you can turn out some beauties. Plus it’s so fun, to just do your own thing. No rules.

Candis
GardenGal
#386 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 12:22:01 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Pretty Please do NOT remove photos from your albums when they are used in a message.  This is a very exciting thread and I think lots would be joining us if the pictures were still in the posts.  

If you wish, I could make or any of you could make a OBW photo album that is for the community meaning anyone can add ( but only the owner can delete ) pics.   

This way the pictures don't clog up YOUR personal albums but they can stay in the message so folks reading them a year from now still SEE what you are talking about.   

P.S.  Anyone going to any retreats that could help me learn?   I do better with hands on training...  Going to start shopping for panels and I hear that I need 7.   Sound right ?

hugs,  gg

--
Quiltbaby
#387 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 12:48:21 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Yes GG 7 panels. Look for some with movement. Actually sometimes the uglier the fabric the better. Are there photos missing???

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1435295876732150/
If your interested there is a closed group called One Block wonders. Lots of wonderful tutorials as well as inspiring photos. Everything you need to create a OBW is there. There are videos here to watch also wonderful helpful people. It’s a great group. Wish I was going to retreat, I’d love to help. I find it so enjoyable. I think an album for OBWs would be great. Maybe those that prefer stack and whacks and posies would like to post theirs there too.

Candis
GardenGal
#388 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 3:38:43 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

ok, you guys,  if you go to our gallery and search  'One Block Wonder'  or ' OBW'  you'll find our album.  You do have to be longed into our gallery to add a picture but all MEMBERS can add to this album.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see all of your works and watch for deals on panels.  :)

gg

--
GloBug
#389 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:11:51 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Candis, I have to tell you....I've been obsessing about OBW's!!  And yesterday while laying in the dental chair and staring at a cute oceanic scenary picture, I kept viewing sections of the picture as a 60 degree cut and fantaszing about how it would look as a OBW block, LOL!!  This activity sure kept my mind off of what the dentist was doing with his large hands in my tiny mouth, lol!

I also recently borrowed the Maxine Rosenthal One-Block Wonders book from our local library and watched all the great YouTube videos you provided.

So late last night I started looking at fabrics (Fabrics.com) and I put a few in a cart and saved them.  One I found has the colors that I adore and it has design elements on the fabric that would make some interesting OBW blocks once cut into 60 degree triangles.

Oh...and I also went to Amazon and put a Creative Grids 60 degree ruler on my Wish List.

Uttt ohhh, I think I'm getting serious about trying out this creative way to make blocks into an awesome quilt top!! 

Quiltbaby
#390 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:10:48 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Yeah Glo! Did you go to the OBW generator? It can give you an idea of what your fabric you like will look like. I take a screen shot. Then I edit it to enlarge and cut out any framing. So just the fabric is in the picture. You can then put in different sizes of strip widths. I start with 3 3/4. Then work my way down. You can turn your triangles in there too. I’m very thrilled you want to do this, it’s addicting. At least for me. Now when I look at fabric or things like you just described in your Dentist office, I see the same!

Candis
GloBug
#391 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:57:34 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Candis, I just put in a picture of the fabric I'm liking into the Design Helper and WOW!!  I love the design!!  I can't figure out how to bring over the design from the Design Helper.  I did put in 3.75 for my Hexie size.  

The fabric is called Kaffe Fasset Feathers Green and I found it on Fabric.com.  The fabric width is 44".  I can't tell if the design repeats at 24".  

Maybe you can put it into the Design Helper and let me know your thoughts...thanks!!

Click onto thumbnail to enlarge the view, thanks.

Quiltbaby
#392 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:49:21 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Glo I do know most of Kaffe’s are 24 in in repeat. I will plug in and look! It’s a beautiful print. And will make a beautiful OBW. I usually just take a screen shot of what I generate.

Candis
LauraB
#393 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:48:09 PM(UTC)
LauraB

Candis These are beautiful, I haven’t ever tried one. They look very complicated.
Laura
Quote:
It is what you make it
Quiltbaby
#394 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:51:57 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

They are not complicated Laura. It’s just a process. A very pleasurable process to me. Relaxing. If u ever want to make one. And need assist I’d love to help.

Candis
LauraB
#395 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:56:20 PM(UTC)
LauraB

They are beautiful so I may need to learn the process. I love therapeutic sewing, which it all is. Just some more so. Thinking that is why I like sewing HST’s the slow way and then the trimming of them. I have a couple projects to finish before I attemp a new one.

Can it be any fabric?
Laura
Quote:
It is what you make it
Quiltbaby
#396 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:02:02 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Fabric should be colors you enjoy, try at first to keep it to 3 or 4 colors. If the elements are bigger in the fabric that’s a plus. The fabric should have some background to it. But honestly. I gave seen every fabric work. Just depends on your taste. Go on Facebook and join One Block wonder group. You will be awed and amazed. Utube has a few videos. They will all be referenced along with tutorials on everything. Look in the photos. So beautiful. Fun you like the repition of 1/2 square triangles. You will love making hexies from the triangles. Same repitition, but you design yeah hexie. So added beauty.

Candis
LauraB
#397 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:58:56 PM(UTC)
LauraB

Cool I was hoping I didn’t need special fabric to try it.
Laura
Quote:
It is what you make it
monalee
#398 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 11:30:47 AM(UTC)
monalee

cv quilter
#399 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 12:02:47 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Mona, that is awesome!  I love the horses.  Were those panels or fabric?

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Rss Feed  Atom Feed