Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages123>»
JackieH
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 3:18:08 PM(UTC)
JackieH

A new month, Are you ready for a fresh start.....

For June the number I pulled is #1!!!!!

Yep, Right there at the top of your list

or you can work on any project from your list.

And if you are looking for a second project, how about #17

The details:

Must have a list posted on official 2017 ufo challenge thread.

Haven't been playing along?  You can join in with us anytime you just need to post a list 

We want to see your starting photo.

Also a photo of your Finish or progress by July 1st

If you have any problems posting photos you can email them: jackie0432 at gmail dot com. Or if you can get them into your gallery I can move them here.

No need to check in daily but it is more fun for all if there is chatter and photos of your progress as the month progresses. We love to hear about or see your progress, or tell us about your frustrations and dilemma, we are good listeners and may even have an idea or two for you.

At the end of the month I will draw for prizes   

Jacy
JackieH
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 3:18:28 PM(UTC)
JackieH

Name working on #1 project 1 progress project 2 progress project 3 progress project 4 progress    
acutangle  done  t-shirt  finished   starry nights  finished   t-shirt #2  finished         
angele   APR/MAY/JUNE ufo   almost half quilted                
annette  no  denim country roads  finished   group #1              
bonita  yes  evening stroll    jelly roll fish              
briget-carol  yes  spring swap  cut sashing  teal strings finished             
brownquilting  yes  quartered strips  finished                 
chelle  done  square snowmen  finished                 
crzyquilter  yes  queen of scraps  found backing  aqua strings  found fabric for alt blocks  march quilt  finished   pink frogs top Smile  yellow black and white  
deb.m  yes  gorey's cat  some blocks made  march quilt    baby quilt          
eliquilts  yes  tree'ish chain  pluggin away  bears in the woods  needs border  celestial stars  making block 2  mom's star  finished     
fabriholic  done  K&K's    kirby's   cowboy boots          
fernie                      
fireside  done  twincess#1  finished   twincess#2  finished             
fourcorners                      
frankieD  yes  field of diamonds  made some progress                
jackieH  yes  moonglow  made 2 blocks  bohemian applique  finished             
judyt  done  working on other projects this month                  
ladawn  no  starwars #1    starwars#2  finished   farmgirl vintage          
loveslife  will think about it  aqua chevrons    pantry    teacher          
margep  done  halloween  finished   twised sisters    rick's bear  finished         
mawlinda  yes  plaid  finished   bargello    oriental    baby      
mimi  yes  cottage puzzle quilting..  overcast day              
monalee  yes  gage's quilt    purple and gold              
murffja  done  butterfly    bindings              
nanabear  done  cityscapes #1    cityscapes#2              
nanatubby                      
nancy mn                      
patA  no  AFQS  busy getting house ready to sell                
quiltingbeachy                      
quiltertess                      
rsislandcrafts  no  robbie's plaid  topSmile                
shortstopjoy  no  row by row  has several rows made  runners              
sobuzy  no  ugly green   finished                 
tangosblonde                      
teatime  no  diamonds    heart  finished   winnie the pooh  finished         
threadbare  yes  be my neigbor finished   bright modern    scrappy spools  finished   basket of flowers  finished     
tonyaquilts yes Joseph's bargello                  
traildancer  done  eclipe    fresh cut flowers  made a bunch of blocks Smile  baby quilt  finished   goldie

quilting

uspslady  yes  charming stars  needs backing  starlight starbright  finished   winter solstice  just needs 1 more block each        
verla  yes  churn dash finished   irish chain  quilted            
Jacy
Nana bear
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 3:39:41 PM(UTC)
Nana bear

NUMBER 1 was DH flannel quilt which I finished Jan 2017 so decided to quilt Cityscapes #1 & cityscapes #2. Number 1 is layered and currently being quilted slowly. NUMBER 2, NEEDS layered , quilted and binding.

Debwhistle
Deb
Quilting makes me happy!
uspslady
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 4:44:44 PM(UTC)
uspslady

#17 just happens to be Starlight, Star Bright which I had just purchased the backing for the other day and was planning on doing as my next project. What luck. My#1 is Charming Stars and I'm not even sure anymore which top in this stack that is. Guess I better start pinning their names on them. That's the problem with having so many UFO's.
firesidequilter
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 5:12:49 PM(UTC)
firesidequilter

Location: where mother nature turned her head on the Mississippi River

My #1 is completed...

SEW I will need to finish up Twincesses Quilts..since they are going to come early...and any day!

I have one quilted, needs trimmed & bound.

Second needs quilted...I tried to get them both quilted to take with me this week on work trip (hotel entertainment)...but got too tired Monday night...I was quilting over myself....

loveslife
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:00:25 PM(UTC)
loveslife

Rather than #1, I need to work first on #6, Aqua Chevrons.

I've also been playing a bit with number 19, my pantry blocks, and will start on my new #22, the teacher quilt. Thanks for posting the pic Jacy.

I do promise to think about #1!

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Mimi
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:37:33 PM(UTC)
Mimi

Better get busy on some of these UFO's.  #1 is my LQS $5 quilt called Cottage Puzzle made with mostly KT fabrics.  Most of the blocks are finished.  Just have to figure out which blocks I'm missing, make them, assemble the top, sandwich and quilt.  It's a relatively young project started in 2014.

#17 is much older.  I can't remember when I started it but the pattern says 2008, An Overcast Day.  It's a giant nine patch with borders.  I've only finished one of the nine patches...

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
Teatime
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:31:27 PM(UTC)
Teatime

#3 will be my choice this month -  my 6 ½ “ diamond elegant quilt. Needs borders and quilting-which I will do myself (I hope). Second quilt will be my baby hearts – will need binding and third UFO will be my Winnie the Pooh baby quilt – will need binding. That’s enough. I have some blocks I have to catch up on too. Fun month. Onward ladies – get out of the garden and back to your sewing machines. Too much sun is not good for you - I know – I’m a nurse!

Marian
Brigit-Carol
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:37:53 PM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

#1 is a Spring swap from another board -- from 2014, I think.  I just have the blocks so need to assemble them into a top, quilt and bind it. 

#17 is teal strings.  I was my first attempt at a scrappy quilt and is from 2009.  I have no idea why I never finished it, but I pulled it out last month and quilted it so just need to bind it.  

Chelle
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:39:30 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I finished my #1 Purple lady in January.  I need to dig and see what project I have access to.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
brownquilting
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:11:53 PM(UTC)
brownquilting

My #1 is "Quartered Strips" from the Missouri Star Quilt Co tutorial May 2016.  Want to add one maybe two more borders then sandwich, quilt and bind.

Lorraine
Deep in the heart of .....
MargeP
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:10:40 PM(UTC)
MargeP

My #1 is done  - I will finish the Halloween one first and then need to take pictures of a couple more.  I still want to get three done in a month, maybe June will be the month although it is a day shorter and we have two out of town trips planned  - 2 days for one and 4 days for the other so it may not be possible.  Time will tell. 

MargeP
EliQuilts
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:34:35 AM(UTC)
EliQuilts

My 1st is the Tree'ish Chain and my 17th is my bears in the woods. 

Can't do bears until I get my sewnig machine back but since I'm basically just appliqueing it to the top of my much abused wedding quilt, it shouldn't take long. 

The Chain is being hand quilted, so I can even take it to my in-laws when we go next week.  Well, maybe leave it in the hotel; they smoke and I've bizarrely developed an allergy to tobacco.  The whole sneezing, eye watering, nose running thing.  Can't wash a half quilted quilt. :(

Oh, and I cannot post pictures that aren't already in the gallery; the camera did not survive its washdown and we cannot afford a new one just yet.

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
Annette
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 8:28:29 AM(UTC)
Annette

I will continue in June with the Denim 'Country Roads' Quilt, my #22.   The top was completed last month (pic posted in May thread) and the backing needs one seam sewn - and its on the machine.

Annette-IA
uspslady
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:20:28 AM(UTC)
uspslady

Here's my #17, Star Light, Star Bright.  I started this one at the Washington Retreat last fall.

The fabric hanging over it, is the backing fabric I purchased last week.

And here is my #1, Charming Stars, that's from about 3 years ago...it was a quilt along with my LQS.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to get them both done this month.

Threadbare
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:24:10 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

#1 is Be My Neighbor.  The top is done, just needs to be quilted and finished.

# 17 is Bright and Modern BOM that I just did some of the blocks.  I was going to make runner and placemats out of the blocks but while searching for them I found a whole container of orphan blocks so I will see which blocks I will use.

FLORENCE
frankied
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:44:43 AM(UTC)
frankied

Woohoo my number 1 is an EPP Field of Diamonds.

lots of love

Francesxx

http://quiltingaroundtheworld.com/gallery/fullsize.aspx?aid=636&pid=83504

deb.morseth
#18 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:00:58 AM(UTC)
deb.morseth

First of all, I love ALL the quilts everyone will be working on. Such a beautiful variety. My #1 is called Gorey's Cats, from PBS. I was making it for my cousin and the squares were wonky. So I put it aside to start our UFO challenge. I am excited to get back to it!

I just got my March quilt back from my longarmer with a baby quilt, too. So they just need bindings! Then I will have three finishes from my list, but I substituted the May project with a new quilt, so it doesn't count. Still, making progressbigGrin

Thank you so much, Jackie.
MN DEB from Mall of America land
Chelle
#19 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:32:59 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Ok I am happy to say I found #6 Square snowmen.  I was able to get the blocks into a runner at the Smokies retreat.  Here is where I am on it as of today.  I need to peice some batting together, press everything sandwich and quilt.  I didnt unfold it all the way, its really long- taller than me LOL

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
JackieH
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:34:00 AM(UTC)
JackieH

Wow, look at all thosse awesome projects  

I pulled out my #1-Moonglow and found a photo of it as I left it 4 years ago. And look what else I was working on 4 years ago, my fish that I just finished and a block from my cottage quilt which is also on my top 12 for this year. That must have been a bad year for finishing projects 

Moonglow, the easy blocks are done, 9 paper-pieced stars to go, each one is more complex 

Jacy
JackieH
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:57:35 AM(UTC)
JackieH

oops, forgot my #17

At the begining of this year this was just a vase hand appliqued to the background, it had been that way for several years. I pulled it out a few months ago thinking I would just return the fabric to stash and forget this project but i decided I liked it. So changing to machine applique I had the center finished in a short time and added borders. Then it sat for 2 months  Now I'm so happy that is number came up so I can get this tip into a finished quilt 

Jacy
Rss Feed  Atom Feed