Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

38 Pages123>»
Nancy_MN
#1 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 2:02:33 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Please use this thread when you want to pop in to say hi, but you don't necessarily any quilting progress to report on.  

Besides sewing, what else have you been up to?

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
DonnaB
#2 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 5:01:31 PM(UTC)
DonnaB

We're still snowed in today!  We've had over 20+" of snow since our last plow on Tuesday morning, so I'm not going anywhere until the plow arrives.  Earlier this morning, we were in a white-out with heavy snowfall and Mr.Plow-guy said he almost went off another driveway so was going to hold-off doing our hill until the snow stopped (when???)...lol!  But, it has cleared up now and he just called so there is hope of rescue. Honestly, doesn't bother us a bit...we have lots of food; we're warm and cozy and don't really need to go anywhere.  It can be fun to be snowed in!!!

I've been "de-boning" men's long-sleeved shirts (Bonnie Hunter style) for a truly scrappy strip quilt...while watching the Olympic coverage.  Wishing I had a tv in my sewing room right now, but I'm making the best of it...

Donna B from North Central Washington State
crzyquilter
#3 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 5:23:41 PM(UTC)
crzyquilter

Location: In The Land of the Lost, being held captive by the AZ Fabric Monster

I've been puttering and not getting much quilting done. Maybe spring fever has kicked in....early. The windows are open and I'm listening to all of the different birds chattering and screeching. lol As soon as hubzilla leaves for work, I'll take care of the noisy chores. He works graves; sleeps during the day, so I normally hide in my sewing room until he gets up and wants dinner.... if no cooking will happen, I continue on. lol

Love the lab looking over the back of the car seat. My dogs do the same thing and insist on driving(or so they think). lol

Happy quilting, playing in the snow and everything else!
Deanne
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
jcorsbie
#4 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 5:53:00 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

Going through all kinds of crazies buying a new house and worrying about DH's  upcoming major surgery.  No sewing right now.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
JudyT
#5 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 7:20:43 PM(UTC)
JudyT

Had a lovely Valentines Day. George and I are simple people and special days are spent walking a deserted beach, or trail and then finding some out of the way, hole in the wall eatery. Dogs had a good time. That's important too.

Judy in the Pacific Northwest
MissSadie
#6 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 8:09:51 PM(UTC)
MissSadie

I did some more cleaning in my sewing room.  I rearranged it yesterday and it's looking more spacious so having to clean up some of the clutter.  There is more to do, but my husband and I took a break and played racquetball.  He gave me some pointers as I'm new to it and the friend I play with is better than me.  It was fun and we got our exercise in.  It's a rainy, gloomy day here so we're staying in tonight with home baked pizza and watching the Olympics.  

It's the little moments that make life big.
quiltertess
#7 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 8:18:27 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I've been shoveling snow for the last 2 days.  I don't think I can lift my arms above my shoulders.

I also spent time in my sewing room today prepping my Hop To It blocks and cutting out some apple cores.  Getting stuff together for a long road trip coming up next month.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
gini
#8 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 8:27:05 PM(UTC)
gini

I'm done running kids around, whew. Wil has been I braces and retainer for 6 weeks and already the retainer has done it's job, he doesn't need to wear it anymore. This is phase 1. The braces come off in a few months, then back in braces when all of his permanent teeth are in. He is a happy boy.
The big suitcase comes out tonight and I start trying to fit all my projects in. Sam was in branson a few weeks ago and I forgot to send him with an extra bag.

frankied
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 12:21:18 AM(UTC)
frankied

Okay its 5.20 am here so ive just finished chatting to lots of you lovely people and im just about to have another cup of coffee and then start the Olympic sewing weekend hope to see lots of you participating in it too.

lots of love

Francesxx

PeaceLovePugs
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 12:30:31 PM(UTC)
PeaceLovePugs

We had friends over yesterday evening, which means I'm enjoying a wonderfully clean house today (we always clean well before company comes)!  I'm also doing a bit of laundry while hanging out with well-behaved (read as: very tired from company visiting) pugs, watching the Olympics, and catching up on QATW.  I received some fabric I ordered for the back of my just finished quilt top, so I may get that washed and ironed and begin planning the back - I want to do something a little different than I normally do.

Today is DH's birthday. He had to work so later when he gets home we'll be going out to dinner with his daughter and her family and hopefully they'll come over for a bit too so we can hang out with them and the grandkids!

- Donna B

Nancy_MN
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:53:17 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Originally Posted by: PeaceLovePugs Go to Quoted Post

We had friends over yesterday evening, which means I'm enjoying a wonderfully clean house today (we always clean well before company comes)!

That's our practice, too, PLP.  I keep thinking we should entertain more often so that the house would get cleaned more regularly.

MissSadie
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:00:00 PM(UTC)
MissSadie

I do that exact same thing.  In fact, my mom gave me the advice once to invite friends over every week - but I haven't stuck to that...I guess quilting got in the way.

It's the little moments that make life big.
Snowbird
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 2:12:22 PM(UTC)
Snowbird

My granddaughter owns a floral and garden shop.  Course Valentines week is the busiest week of the year.  So I spent the week at the shop babysitting her 3 month old daughter.  The baby had her cranky pants on for two of the four days.  This old Great Grandma was well worn out by the end of a very successful week.  Then on the four basketball games with Grandson.  Two were make up games because of the snow in Oregon.  Today (Sunday) I'm a vegetable.  

Every Monday is our local quilting group' day.  I'm not sure if I have any project ready to go. I have the will but not the get up and go!

DonnaB
#14 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 11:25:00 AM(UTC)
DonnaB

Good morning everyone!  I've really had a lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...LOL!  We've had such a bare, dry winter so far and everyone here (No.Central WA State) was praying for snow.  Well, it finally came our way!!!  We've had close to 3 feet of snow in the last 10 days!!! 

Our DS#2 had to return to Seattle today.  Luckily he parked his car at the bottom of our hill yesterday.  He skied down to the car this morning in 10" of new snow, unburied it and is now on his way...as far as he can get, that is.  Right now all the mountain passes are closed, so he may have a long day.

Mr. Plow-guy should be here by noon, so I can get into town for a few needed groceries.  It looks like the snow storms will be easing up after tomorrow night so things can return to normal.  But, this snow has sure improved our outlook for the recreational skiing, water-table, and wild-fire prevention!  We may be skiing into April now!!!  

Nancy_MN
#15 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 12:19:33 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

I'm confident we'll be snowshoeing that long, Donna!  Four more inches today on top of layers of the constant snow we've been getting since late November, I think.  Never the kind of dumping you get all at once, but a very consistent build-up.  No January thaw this year. Will be heading out to shovel & plow as soon as this stops. Poor Randy has nowhere left to push the snow with his ATV.  I do the hand-shoveling of the deck and walks.

gini
#16 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 4:00:03 PM(UTC)
gini

As long as we are making forward progress it's all good, right? Snoqualamie pass is closed, so we take another pass to stevens pass. We' re almost over and traffic is stopped. Good move , Sam. On the other hand, sultan bakery is looking good for lunch.
DonnaB
#17 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 4:59:56 PM(UTC)
DonnaB

We went out for a nice snow-shoe hike/walk this morning in the sunshine.  Tasha loved it!  All of our skis are for groomed trails and don't do well on loose unpacked snow, so thought we would get our work-out with the snow-shoes today!  Mr. Plow-guy appears to be running late...still hasn't arrived at 2pm.  I was hoping he would be here by now so the whole afternoon wouldn't be chopped up.  Oh well, 

chocake2
#18 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 5:09:31 PM(UTC)
chocake2

A happy Busy day for me. Like Gini, I had to take one to the orthodontist  - DS got his braces off today and celebrated with an apple for lunch. He's a happy camper. He'll have to wear the retainer at night for at least the next 6 months, and like Wil, he'll have to do more after his adult teeth finish erupting. 

After he finished getting hsi smile back, we hit the quilt shops and spent my gift certs. Would you believe I found one in the deep dark corner of my purse that Dh gave me for my birthday ...in 2010! I was suprised that they honored it. It quite fell apart when we opened it it had been folded up in a pocket for so long! They said it was the oldest one they've ever gotten. LOL 

I bought a really yummy batik for the background of the earthy star and then splurged on a few goodies just for fun. DS found himself a Startrek print that he HAD to have. LOL  He giggled all the way home when one of the gals shopping with us asked him if Spock was his favorite character and announced that she knew "Leroy Nennard"...the guy who played him. (Poor Leonard Nemoy... It's probably best he didn't hear what she called him).

I told everyone about our quilt MT retreat this fall and both shops said they'd be more then happy to host us for a mini hop if we want to take time to go shopping.  So that's a good thing. 

Now I need to get back to quilting Jr's star so I can get it out of the way and go back to playing witht he other one and that new fabric. 

Strippin' so I won't be topless
Spudgrandma
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:16:47 PM(UTC)

Well the gloomy skys are back..Cry  I am going to order my  thread later and have to call in a RX. I sure wish I could quilt, but kind of hard without the thread LOL

CC, the hops sound like fun, I sure hope I will be able to come. Where is the retreat going to be held? We were looking at the map and trying to figure things out, it is good to have something to look forward to.

chocake2
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:57:08 PM(UTC)
chocake2

OH Spud, I hope you can make it! you can fallow our conversations about it in the thread we have in the Parlor. 

Tough day in my neighborhood. An aquaintence passed away this week and his  memorial is today. I had hoped to go, but Dh got called into the office and I lost my babysitter. I'd thought about finding another sitter asking Dh to go with me, but he awas on the medical call and that would have been really rough on him (tough enough to do CPR on a friend) so it's just as well it diodn't work out. 

I finished quilting Jr's star yesterday and am makinf progress on the binding. Slo-ow progress... 

Sprouts been very busy this morning. he dumped the laptop off the sofa and then tossed it off the table. It seems to be functioning, so I'm hoping no damage was doen. He's also climbed the refridgerator shelving. unloaded the washing machine, dumped the cereal adn the dog food...  a normal busy day. 

Strippin' so I won't be topless
Angele3
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:45:31 PM(UTC)
Angele3

Oh CC I so wished I could go to your retreat! My nephew is getting married in September so I will have to pass this year. Hopefully you will have another one and Nancy and I can meet somewhere and go together. I hope I can follow you throughout your retreat.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed