Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

32 Pages«<303132
JackieH
#652 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 3:47:30 PM(UTC)
JackieH

Awesome Lorraine. That is one beautiful quilt, I hope you are keeping this one for yourself!

Jacy
Topsy
#653 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:34:45 PM(UTC)
Topsy

Is anyone still building on these little houses?  I was looking at the finished house photos  in this thread.  Mine are no longer there.  For some reason Photo Bucket deleted ALL my photos!! This happened several months ago and I havn't tried to load anymore pictures.

Last week I was cleaning my sewing room and found my old UFO stack.  The last time I counted them, there were 8.  Very pleased and I thought soon I'll have them quilted. I discovered 10 more had found their way into the stack.  The next day I found 2 more in a drawer which I had forgotten. I thought I would work only on the UFO's.  Good idea?  Well it didn't work before, but I have 1 finished this morning and another lacks the borders.  The number is down to 18 instead of 20 (ouch)

I'm working on the houses again.  Hopefully I have enough pieced for a quilt like Judy made.  Her's was beautiful.  

Come on girls, get your houses out again and let's sew together and get them completed.  Happy Quilting

Nancy_MN
#654 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:59:09 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Topsy, as you finish those UFOs, post a picture in the "Completed in 2018" discussion forum and be eligible for prizes!
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
LaDawn
#655 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 12:49:41 PM(UTC)
LaDawn

i wasn't part of this swap, but every once in awhile I make a couple of houses or trees. Right now, i am participating in an Instagram sew a long called #sewingavillage. The houses for that are much easier and bigger. I love house blocks of all kinds, but have yet to finish a quilt from any that I havemade.

GloBug
#656 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 4:26:57 PM(UTC)
GloBug

LaDawn, your houses are so cute, so bright and cheery and I love the size of them!  I'm going to look up the Instagram sew a long you mentioned.  I'm not sure I will participate but I am so tempted because I've always wanted to make a quilt with houses.  BTW, I'm the one who started this thread with great intentions but making the little houses got the best of me.  I did learn a lot though from making them.  I have a small pile of houses somewhere in the UFO's that never made it.  

cv quilter
#657 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 4:48:46 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

LaDawn, your houses are adorable.  Love all the fabrics and colors and that's what scrappy is all about.

Glo, I have always wanted to make a house quilt too.  I don't believe anything ever gets the best of you.  I looked at the beginning of the thread and see you started it, as you said.  You know, sometimes I find that my best intention (AT THE TIME) doesn't always materialize, but in time, it can be resurrected.  Bring your cute little houses out and make some more.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
elliebell650
#658 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 8:46:39 PM(UTC)
elliebell650

LaDawn, I love your little village, they are very very cute.
Marg
Bobanda
#659 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:41:15 PM(UTC)
Bobanda

Originally Posted by: LaDawn Go to Quoted Post

i wasn't part of this swap, but every once in awhile I make a couple of houses or trees. Right now, i am participating in an Instagram sew a long called #sewingavillage.

I love house blocks of all kinds and I am following along on IG too, but I'm not sewing! I still need to finish my top to the BHS one (all my houses are done) and I have a mini Dwell pattern with fabric pulled, but not cut yet. 

We are living in a material world, and I am a material girl!
Topsy
#660 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 4:01:43 PM(UTC)
Topsy

Hi Everyone,  it's been awhile since anyone posted on this thread.  I thought I would share what I've been up to.   These widdle houses keep sneaking back into my life.  I just read several pages when several were sewing these cute little blocks.  I started setting up my second house quilt yesterday and I have it nearly way completed.  I'm liking it again just as much as the first quilt.  Aren't these little 4 inch blocks cute???   I would love to find a pieced border, but not sure what I'll do.

Is anyone still working on their houses?

carolracicot
#661 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 11:59:33 AM(UTC)
carolracicot

I was going to print out the pattern but the links don't work.   I have a few of these hidden away somewhere.  

Be faithful in small things, it is in them that your strength lies
LaDawn
#662 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:05:39 PM(UTC)
LaDawn

I think I do, or at least a paper-pieced version. Let me look for it.

Bobanda
#663 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:37:02 PM(UTC)
Bobanda

Did this get resolved? I have both the 3" house template and the 6" house template. Let me know if it is still needed!

Amanda

We are living in a material world, and I am a material girl!
GloBug
#664 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:34:41 PM(UTC)
GloBug

I searched my computer and didn't find any files for this swap.  About 2 years ago, I bought a new computer and was told all my files were transferred over but now I can't find the pdf for the little houses.

So Momma Amanda, if you can share your 3" and 6" templates that would be awesome.

And LaDawn, please share what you might have too.  At this point, anything to help make these "widdle" houses would be great.

Gloria/GloBug

GardenGal
#665 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 7:15:06 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Thanks to Bobanda, we have 2 patterns linked to message one.   They are both paper piece patterns.   If anyone else has a PDF of a different size or pattern, let me know.  :)

gg

--
Rss Feed  Atom Feed