Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages123>»
GardenGal
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 2:44:39 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Here is a place to post about your favorite shops and sales you hear about.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:05:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

--
sorefingers
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:51:11 PM(UTC)
sorefingers

I really like this site. There prices are always really good.

http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
Dee
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:59:38 PM(UTC)
Dee

Thanks for the site link. I have fabric I bought for a tote for me to take to work and will check out the patterns.

Machine Quilters ...Have you seen this site?  365 videos of different quilt patterns.  Lots of easy ones for me and lots for more experienced too.

http://www.daystyledesigns.com/365project.htm

I could watch her quilt all day!  But I guess that isn't getting mine done.

loveslife
#4 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 8:04:49 AM(UTC)
loveslife

I recently went on a tour of E-Quilter.com which is located nearby in Boulder, CO.  It was really fun to see, and I plan to order from them more often!  I will be able to set up a special retail account since I can pick up my purchase with it being about a 20 minute country type drive.  I know many of you are always looking for those nice Kaufmann Kona's, and I noticed they had a really nice selection. I am planning to order quite a bit today!  Their prices are pretty reasonable, with the Kona's being under $6 per yard..  If you haven't tried them out in a while, it might be worth a look!

Karen

I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
jcorsbie
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:30:33 AM(UTC)
jcorsbie

FatQuarter shop just put over 400 fabrics on sale for 50% qnd 40% off.

www.fatquartershop.com

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
DaphDaph
#6 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 11:45:41 AM(UTC)

So far I've shopped at www.fabricshack.com so far. There Kona Solids are 5.49 daily with 250+ colors. I think the jet lack is higher. I placed my second order yesterday and it was shipped today. Their sales/clearance is as low as 2.98 a yard. Their shipping in the USA is $3 for $75 and under ....&6 $75.01 to 150. The low shipping is why I ordered and I'm very pleased with my first order.

The question I have is what are some name brand quilt shop quality fabrics?
I assume Moda and Kona are quality but what about the others?
Riley Blake? Quilting Treasure? Andover?
loveslife
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:16:56 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Jackie shared this link, wanted to post it here:

http://www.thecalicocottagequiltshop.com/

I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Nancy_MN
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 12, 2014 12:13:20 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Missouri Star Quilt Co.'s 'Daily Deal.'  It is announced daily at 12:01 a.m. central time, and runs until midnight or when they have sold out, whichever comes first.  It usually involves a charm pack, layer cake, jelly roll, or quilting notion.  The price of the daily deal is generally 30-80% off.  

I've been to their store in Hamilton, MO.  They carry LOTS of Moda and other quality brands.  They offer $5 flat rate shipping, or free shipping over $100.

You can sign up for an email Daily Deal notice so you don't have to remember to check the site everyday.  You can also subscribe to the YouTube channel where Jenny Doan shows her hundreds of video tutorials.

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Nancy_MN
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 11:06:08 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

I like to have a few regular priced items in my shopping cart at Missouri Star Quilt Co so that when a daily deal comes along that I just have to have, I'll have more stuff ready to include with the order to justify the $5 flat rate shipping.

You earn bonus points for every purchase, too, which can be applied to future orders for a discount.

Quiltingbeachy
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:44:46 PM(UTC)
Quiltingbeachy

has anyone gotta anything from here:

http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/

irene

uandiquilt
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 10:26:00 AM(UTC)
uandiquilt

If I am looking for a fabric from an older collection, I check out Quilt Fabric Closeouts. They are located in Idaho, and have nice quilt quality fabrics. You never know what you will find there and prices on the "sale" fabrics are great.
Chris
jcorsbie
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 10:34:35 AM(UTC)
jcorsbie

I use them, too; www.thousandsofbolts.com is also good for older stuff. And ebay and etsy and don't forget googling it with manufacturer, line name and number.
jann

DonnaB
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:54:36 PM(UTC)
DonnaB

I just have to make a comment about really exceptional service!  I just placed an order for 8 yard of JoMorton fabric at www.whittlesfabrics.com and within 30 MINUTES I received an email that my fabric had been shipped! Now that is very fast service!!!  They ship via USPS flat-rate, priority mail (2 Day), so I should have this by Friday (Monday actually because we only have one mail truck a day [arrives @ 3:30pm], and will not be in our box until Monday morning.  Plus, our Post Office is closed on Saturdays - but, that's not the shipper's fault!)

I've ordered from Whittles before and have always been 100% happy with the fabrics and the service.  But, this speed of shipping deserved special recognition!

Donna B from North Central Washington State
jcorsbie
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 5:05:21 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

Every single day FatQuarter Shop (www.fatquartershop.com) has a Flash Sale.  If you like them on Facebook you will get a link.  The sale is almost always 50% and sometimes as much as 60% - 70% off.  I have gotten some amazing deals.  The new deal is posted everyday at 10 am central time.  Here is today's link:Today's FLASH SALE - 50% OFF Select Muslin Mates precuts! Today only! http://bit.ly/Ptq6tF

Additionally every Wednesday they have another special sale item.  Again like them on Facebook and you will get a push with a link.  Today they have some nice primitives. 

And they have a huge regual sale section with items from 50% to 10% off.  I have even found things like Moda Kansas Troubles, Marcus, other Moda on there for 50%.  I have gotten cute kits there for 50% off.

They have recently reduced their free shipping to an $80 purchase (from $200); a great reduction.

jann

FabricOverflow
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 12:24:57 AM(UTC)
FabricOverflow

Friday I placed an order from Whittle's Fabric and Beverly's, had confirmation of order a few minutes later and my fabrics arrived today.  Pretty fast considering it was over a weekend.  Great prices at Whittle's Fabric ($5/yard).

Another shop that hasn't been mentioned that I also order from on Friday was Quilt Fabric Closeouts (quiltfabriccloseouts.com).  Again fast, good quality fabrics, and prices from $4.48 - $6.89 per yard.

I've also purchased many times from Missouri Star Quilt Company and it's a fun store to visit.  Pretty much the whole town is employed around the company!

Carol ... Agent 014
Kelley
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:16:30 AM(UTC)
Kelley

I have ordered from marshel dry goods and they ship quicly and have good prices too...

Quiltbaby
#17 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 10:59:46 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I am loving THEFATQUARTERSHOPS. 24 hour sales!! Also Superior threads has sales today on prewound bobbins. I love them!!!

I am a wooly booger!,
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Mimi
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2015 2:39:48 PM(UTC)
Mimi

Just thought I'd share that Sauder's Fabric is having a 30% off sale until February 8th on all online merchandise.  It is a smaller Amish fabric store with everything you might need. First quality fabrics at very reasonable prices.  Fun to go and listen to the ladies speak in PA Dutch to each other.  Here is the link: www.saudersfabric.com

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
stitchintime
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 7:05:43 AM(UTC)
stitchintime

For those who like to stock up on Kona, it is currently on sale for 5.95 @ Missouri Star Quilt Company.

Barb... The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks
Nancy_MN
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:48:55 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Good timing on the Kona sale, Barb!  I just used up all my Kona natural on the Flying Dutchman block swap.  I'm glad this wasn't a "deal of the day" because I just spotted your notice now, and I see the sale price is still valid.

ladysaint
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:33:23 PM(UTC)
ladysaint

If anyone likes to collect vintage buttons...check out this site. 

http://www.bfc-stash.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=VINB

Nice story behind the buttons.

Toni Ann
Rss Feed  Atom Feed