Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<121314
LauraB
#261 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 6:02:00 PM(UTC)
LauraB

I am liking that. May have to order one.
Laura
Quote:
It is what you make it
cv quilter
#262 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:31:57 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I think it's going to be great.  My upright spools always jumped and caught on my vintage machines.  I'll know in a week or so.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
GardenGal
#263 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:05:42 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

I went to a quilt shop here in IA and they had a collection of vintage TOY sewing machines and were selling them.   I got a cute little Sew Master along with the box and printed manual.   When I get home I'll find a place for her and snap  a picture..  There are 20+ more... I may get another..  I just don't have "SPACE at home so not sure... 

Oh guess what color my machine is ????

--
cv quilter
#264 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:49:19 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

PINK

Sharon
GardenGal
#265 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:14:51 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Yeah!!  BUT I did see a RED one that I wanted today.. didn't get it.. but might later.. waiting to see how much I want it.  

If I do this right, here is a pic of the PINK one ( new laptop, a MAC )

nope,  not right.  I have to get michelle to teach me out ot post the pic.  

https://www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com/gallery/PhotoDetail.aspx?aid=8&pid=89510

nope.. still not right..  oh Chelle....

--
cv quilter
#266 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:39:32 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

oOOH I'd love to find one of those here.  Maybe I can find one online.  I won't buy the red one...promise. 😉 What is the name of the quilt shop in Iowa???  Maybe they have a web site.

Sharon
LauraB
#267 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:39:40 PM(UTC)
LauraB

They are sew cute too. I have a pink one as well. I too would like more but am in the same boat of where to put them.
Laura
Quote:
It is what you make it
cv quilter
#268 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:45:26 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: LauraB Go to Quoted Post
They are sew cute too. I have a pink one as well. I too would like more but am in the same swof where to put them.

I'll find a place.  I have seen pics of them (in fact I think I saw a pic of yours when you first got it) and they are adorable.  And, I have a sweet little great granddaughter who may one day love it! :)

Sharon
GardenGal
#269 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:19:10 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

I sat next to Lynda last week and she was using her featherweight.  Sadly I have not used mine and I've had it a few YEARS.  Some of it is not wanting to change machines mid project..  some of it is just being afraid I won't know how to operate it.

There is a small area in my guest room where I could put a desk and my FW.  I will find a project ( small to get me started ) and sew it from start to finish with my FW.  I just need to clean that area, move a desk in (have one in the attic) and get my FW set up.   

Do you girls put them away every time you finish sewing for the day?  Or possibly just put a cloth over them ?  I would love to leave it out but don't want to hurt it...

SHARON, it was called Neal's vac & sewing and it was in Muscatine, IA.  The toy machines would not be online I don't think.  But I can vouch for the ones I saw being in GOOD condition.  A very nice layer of dust but the machine itself was in good shape.  If you know what color you want, let me know and I'll see if I can't help you.  

gg

--
monalee
#270 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:38:23 AM(UTC)
monalee

I have two featherweights, one for each granddaughter. Ellie’s was just sent off to be painted and will be given to her for Xmas. Taylin’s can be done for Xmas when she is older. This way the girls will always recognize their machines quickly. Ellie’s is turquoise, Taylin’s will be pink.
cv quilter
#271 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:47:42 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

GG, thanks for the name of the shop.  Coincidentally, my maiden name is Neal.  I may try to look up the phone number and call and talk to them about one of those machines.

I have two FWs.  One in good condition, the other one has some paint/finish damage.  Both work.  I leave one out all the time, but probably should at least keep it covered.  I think it's a great idea for you to start and finish a small project.  Truth be known, I should do that, too.  I also have a 1926 Singer Model 66 Treadle and I have been wanting to make something on it  It sews like a dream once I get my rhythm down and keep my feet moving the right way.

Sharon
JudyT
#272 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:50:10 AM(UTC)
JudyT

I have three machines set up in my room. All within reach. My Featherweight is always ready for most of my piecing, especially paper piecing. The Janome is my main machine and used for machine appliqué, quilting and anything else. My small Brother fills in as needed.
None of them are ever out away. Oh I have an 1890-1910 Domestic treadle that I still need to learn to use.
Judy in the Pacific Northwest
Chelle
#273 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:36:59 AM(UTC)
Chelle

I plan to clear my old sewing table and set up my featherweight there and keep it out... feel like if i see it i will use it more.  :)

Buckle up Buttercup
Rss Feed  Atom Feed