Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
Quiltbaby
#121 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:06:45 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Congratulations Sally, such wonderful inspiring news. You are doing great. Bravo!! I wish you continued good health and success in your journey . I love hearing your reports. Keep us updated won’t you? clap clap
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
GardenGal
#122 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 7:35:09 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Keto works but I took a break and have NOT eaten well and have gained almost half of the 30 pounds I had lost.     I don't know why I can't just eat a healthy amount of HEALTHY food.  :(   Bad bad gg. 

--
Teatime
#123 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 9:10:02 AM(UTC)
Teatime

I know what you mean gg. I have to get back to Keto too.  I feel so much better without the grains and sugar.

Marian
Chelle
#124 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 9:10:52 AM(UTC)
Chelle

I am not eating right, however Christian and I are walking nearly every day.  It will be easier to do longer walks when it cools down out here!  I did set a deadline due to travel and such that Sept 4 the non healthy food will be out of my pantry (other than what Gpa gets because he buys his own stuff). That's not to say that I am avoiding healthy foods, just that I have eaten things that taste good but have no nutritional value.  I can say as I eat some of it, I end up not finishing it because after a while its not tasty... if that makes any sense.

I am in Physical therapy right now to work on my posture for my neck/shoulder pain and to strengthen my quads as I have arthritis in both knees.  However I went to get a massage from my regular lady and SHE made it so I got a full nights sleep with NO pain in my neck or shoulders.  :D. I will continue with the physical therapy because it's not going to hurt me.

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
Quiltbaby
#125 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 10:11:11 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Just sharing a New Facebook site fun and keto awesome. Causing a new wave for Keto. Helping people break their weight stalls too. It’s a really fun group and super popular Check it out!!!! I love my Chaffles
Game changer for me
https://www.facebook.com...oups/Chaffles/?ref=share
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
mimi2jefftye
#126 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 3:33:16 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

I am still waiting on my waffle maker.  I hear that by using the waffle maker, they turn out crisper.  I have used the chaffle recipes but have been cooking them in a fry pan or griddle....they do not get crispy, but are still tasty.

So hope I am not disappointed in my little mini Dash.  Have a couple of recipes I cannot wait to make once it gets here!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Chelle
#127 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 8:34:15 AM(UTC)
Chelle

I am making small changes with our eating here.  I feel like maybe it will make it easier.  I need to clear out the pantry.  I talked to Christian and I think I will get him involved with the meal planning and then do big grocery shopping with him.  I usually have him pick up stuff for the meal of the night.  I don't know that it will happen this week, but at least we talked about it lol.  At one point Max said he wanted to cook dinner for us, but lol touching raw meat freaks him out.

I finished PT and am waiting to see Ortho about managing pain for knees... so I feel like I am improving as far as as being proactive, and limiting the things I do rather than "being tough".  My shoulder is getting better, I think continuing exercises to get strength and work on posture is helping, but I think the massages is helping a lot more.

I told DH that I'm done putting in effort in a couple friendships and he agrees.  I feel like when I invite someone to come to dinner, or go out and they keep saying "well you know we like to stay home" yet are going out with other friends of ours - they clearly have no interest. So I need to see if Rick invited them to our parties for Sept and Oct.  Not like they would be coming because they want to hang out with us, just want to hang out with our mutual friends.

I have sorted through some things in my closet and have a pile of things to donate, feels good to know i sorted but will feel better to get it out of the house.  Now if I can get others to do it too.  LOL I do have two junk drawers I could clean out in the kitchen.

So life isn't perfect but I am making improvements :D

frankied
#128 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 10:50:35 AM(UTC)
frankied

I havent posted on this thread for a while not that i havent been trying just i dont seem to be succeeding, the days i work im fine but I always seemed to have a headache on the day after my day off, realised what it is on workdays everytime i complete an order at work (so about every half hour) i have some water, on my days off i dont which means by the next day im dehydrated, so im learning to drink more on my days off (sometimes its the simplest things) exercising fine on work days normally done 10,000 steps by about 10am non work days not as easy so i will keep trying. Ive been reading your thoughts on keto so im going to give it a try but will wait til payday (cant afford to make changes til then) thank you girls for the inspiration :-)

Lots of love

Francesxxx

stitchintime
#129 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 12:16:05 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Originally Posted by: frankied Go to Quoted Post

Ive been reading your thoughts on keto so im going to give it a try but will wait til payday (cant afford to make changes til then) thank you girls for the inspiration :-)

Lots of love

Francesxxx

Plant based is better for your health, Frances.

Barb
Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true
Chelle
#130 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 4:39:39 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I am decreasing the amount of processed food in the house and increasing my water intake. I find I am craving water so thats a good change.

I will see ortho doctor tomorrow.
GardenGal
#131 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:40:08 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Camp is done.. it's time to GET real and drop these 15 pounds I added back.  :(

gg

--
mimi2jefftye
#132 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:24:20 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

While at camp I let myself have "treats" and did not follow my plan as strickly as I should of.  I did gain a little bit, but have managed to get it off, but for some reason I seem to have stalled a bit.  Also I am experiencing something that I have never had before.  It became so bad this morning that I went to the drug store and chatted with the pharmacist.  As soon as I told her I had been following a new eating plan, she seemed to know immediately that it was Keto and I was having a problem going to the bathroom.  Suggested some stuff for me to take today to get things cleared up and told me somethings to do to help along the way so this does not happen again.  Sorry if this is TMI!

For someone who had never experienced this, I definitely have more understanding for those with IBS.  I would not wish this on anyone!!! Those of you doing Keto, is this normal?  Or just my body getting back into the swing of things again?

Even though the scale is not showing much progress, the tape measurement is.....since May 24th I am down 40 lbs and a total of 15 inches.  I am wearing 1x and 2x tops, I also have been wearing some skorts and shorts that I have not been able to wear for about 3 yrs.  A couple of my friends that I have not seen for about a year, told me they could see I have lost weight.  It is the little things that make me smile and feel better about this.

Sure hope all of you are doing well!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Rss Feed  Atom Feed