Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

44 Pages«<424344
Nancy_MN
#861 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:14:25 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Donna, was that started, errr, umm, two years ago in Branson?  I think I remember it. It's lovely!  Good job!  **

So now I don't feel so bad that this one that has been in the works since this year's Branson retreat.   I finally had a deadline for it, so it's been nonstop sewing since July.  Between this and gardening, I've been sadly missing my online friends here, but I should be around more now.

For my adult niece, a housewarming present...

There are 256 stars on this quilt.  That's 1024 flying geese, not that I was counting.  I was happy that the quilt *just* fit on my mid-arm.  Here is a close up of the quilting...

The background fabric is white mottled with gray, and I quilted with gray thread.  I know her mid-size dog (like ours) gets on the bed, so I thought this color would help hide any evidence of that.

My niece is an unconventional young woman, and I was worried that the quilt might be too traditional, so I added some funky fabrics on the back.  The sugar skulls are minky, but the vintage swimsuit fabric is cotton.

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Annette
#862 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:09:46 PM(UTC)
Annette

Nancy - Love, Love, Love that quilt top.   You did a great job on it.   If your niece doesn't want it.......(hint hint).   Can't wait to see what project you'll tackle next!   (something without stars I bet!)

Annette-IA
Dorian
#863 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:25:40 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Taz, Irene, Donna , Nancy... such wonderful quilts you all are making, great job!

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
cv quilter
#864 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:19:22 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Nancy!!! Oh my, my, my...fabulous!  What a gorgeous quilt and your quilting is absolutely beautiful!  So, If Annette's "hint" didn't work, do you think mine would?  lol  Your niece is one very fortunate lady.  Incredible housewarming gift.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Fabriholic
#865 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:34:09 PM(UTC)
Fabriholic

So many very nice quilts!  Donna - that looks like a wonderful cuddle quilt.  Nancy - wow!  That is an awesome design, love it.  Taz - I love Harry Potter!!!

I will be in Burlington for the weekend so I will update my boards on Sunday when I get home.  

Sheila
Today is a new day!
cv quilter
#866 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:46:43 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I have three small finishes.  Each one approximately 39 x 39 or a little less, but they are finished and already gifted.

Lidiya's  

Peter's

Gordon's

Just finished the first two yesterday.  These are for my three local great grandchildren

Sharon
cv quilter
#867 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:48:27 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Donna, love the batik squares!  I'd snuggle with it anytime.

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed