Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<2627282930>»
Bonita
#541 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 11:17:22 AM(UTC)
Bonita

Thanks Sharon, still needs a couple of borders yet. This the second one I've made using Jenny's pattern. Great way to use up some of the charm packs I thought I could not pass up. Have way to many. 

Bonita
Brenda
#542 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 12:32:41 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Today is my husband's birthday so we are all going out to lunch.  I hope to sneak into my sewing room to sew today.  I really want to sew on the mystery quilt blocks today.  I also have so many other things pulling at me in there.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

GloBug
#543 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 12:35:59 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Originally Posted by: Brenda Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: GloBug Go to Quoted Post

Bonita, I like your B&W quilt top!

I've been in a sewing funk since mid-April but today it dawned on me that my brother-in-law will be retiring in mid-August.  He is a huge Civil War fan and many years ago I bought a quilt kit that was all about Abe Lincoln, the Gettysburg address and the Civil War that I wanted to make for his retirement.  So I dug it out and started prepping the fabrics.  It does feel good to have a heartfelt purpose to make another quilt.  My plan is to have it completely finished by the end of July.    

What a great idea Glo.  He is going to love it.  I am glad you found your way back to the sewing room.  Is your daughter out of school for the summer?

Hi Brenda, yes, Erica is off for the summer but returns mid-August to teach.  She likes being a full time mommy to Calvin and I like having the break, lol!!.  How about your daughter?   P.S.  Happy Birthday to your husband!!

Dorian
#544 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 7:04:42 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Originally Posted by: Brenda Go to Quoted Post

Today is my husband's birthday so we are all going out to lunch.  I hope to sneak into my sewing room to sew today.  I really want to sew on the mystery quilt blocks today.  I also have so many other things pulling at me in there.

Happy birthday to your hubby. I hope he had a great day.

June is a popular birthday month. My dd's was last week... and mine is on Wed . I have a handful of relations with June bdays too.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
cv quilter
#545 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:02:46 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Brenda, hope  your husbands birthday celebration was a wonderful one.  How sweet to celebrate with him.

Dorian,, happy Birthday to you now, in case I miss it on Wednesday.  (I'll try to buzz in and say it on Wednesday, too)

Our anniversary is this month, too.  Love June for all the happy times it brings.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Dorian
#546 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:40:37 AM(UTC)
Dorian

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Brenda, hope  your husbands birthday celebration was a wonderful one.  How sweet to celebrate with him.

Dorian,, happy Birthday to you now, in case I miss it on Wednesday.  (I'll try to buzz in and say it on Wednesday, too)

Our anniversary is this month, too.  Love June for all the happy times it brings.

Thank you Sharon. And a happy anniversary to you!

cv quilter
#547 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:53:03 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

The renovation in my sewing room has officially begun...ugh.  I know it will be wonderful when completed, but right now it's a MESS!  

Sharon
Dorian
#548 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:57:13 AM(UTC)
Dorian

I finally pulled my treadle machine away from the wall, opened it up and fixed the piece that has been broken for a few years now . I'll have my honey give her a good oiling, then I can use it again. I'll use it as my piecing machine while my 201 is being  a quilting machine.

Chelle
#549 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:07:29 AM(UTC)
Chelle

oh Dorian, I should use my treadle... right now its decoration in the living room lol.  I would like to make at least one project on my treadle, even if it's little.

May try to get a couple bowl cozies done today and maybe its time to trim my Eureka blocks.  Then I really need to get some wool set up to work on my holiday runner, I suppose I could focus on the wool before Eureka.  Friends get here Friday morning.  I would like to have something to work on during our down time.

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
Fabriholic
#550 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:11:08 PM(UTC)
Fabriholic

I got these 2 swap blocks quilt tops finished.  one is 5x5 and the other is 4x5. These were crumb blocks. 

plan to get them quilted in the next couple of weeks.  I have about 4 quilts to quilt. 

Sheila
Today is a new day!
cv quilter
#551 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:24:21 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sheila, those are both so pretty.  It's great to see you back at it.  Congrats on these two finishes.

Sharon
Chelle
#552 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:35:22 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I was productive during party in PJs... made two bowl cozies and cleaned my sewing machine, all while hanging out in chat :)

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
GardenGal
#553 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:18:27 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

GS has been sleeping an hour and 20 minutes and in that time I managed to finish the quilting on HOP, trim it, find binding fabric, press it and cut the strips.     Looks like tomorrow I will have a FINISH during the lunch hour nap.  

woohoo

--
cv quilter
#554 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:30:45 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

My sewing room is a mess, but: Yesterday I had about 1/2 of one of my cutting tables that is clear.  I have a great granddaughter who has her 2nd BD on July 2.  I had purchased a Best Friends Forever Playhouse panel by Moda from Jordan Fabrics.  I was able to cut out all the pieces for the  house, fused interfacing and flex foam on the pieces and actually got the house finished and made the curtains, shower curtain and area rug.  It's adorable.  Now all I have to do is make the little dolls and pets and stuff them to make it complete.  I was worried that I wouldn't get it done in time, but I think I can do it by July 2.  I'll post a picture when it's all done. 

Sharon
cv quilter
#555 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:34:13 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

This isn't happening IN my She Cave, but eventually these will be in there.  Today I painted the second coat on the bookshelf cabinets Fred is building for my sewing room.  I put the first coat on them yesterday morning.  One more bookshelf cabinet to paint after Fred finishes building it.. 

Sharon
Topsy
#556 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:41:48 PM(UTC)
Topsy

I'm still working on UFO'S-slowly.  I have 4 tops completed and would love to get one in the frame, but I don't have any backings large enough. I've been working on 3 applique projects, hopefully I'll have 2 ready for hand quilting this fall.  I have several quilt block embroidery kits I need to get finished.  

Brenda
#557 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:53:57 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I am working on a quilt top kit called "Confetti Blossoms" I bought it off the Quilted Cow Facebook Live.  It is a modern pattern so different than I usually do.  I am loving it.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

JudyT
#558 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 5:31:20 PM(UTC)
JudyT

Brenda, I have that pattern, if it's the same one. I haven't made it yet, but it looks like one that would work well with a variety of floral fabrics and neutral background.

Judy in the Pacific Northwest
Teatime
#559 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 6:12:40 PM(UTC)
Teatime

I made a really long table patriotic runner. Binding is next.

No photo description available.

Marian
Bonita
#560 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:53:24 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Very nice, Marion.

Bonita
Rss Feed  Atom Feed