Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

39 Pages«<2526272829>»
GardenGal
#521 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:12:09 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

I had my GS last week so only the tiniest bits of sewing here and there but when I got them ( and wasn't exhausted ) I sewed on :  E blocks,  Mystery and Bookcase blocks.     

Eponine quilted a top for me and it arrived last week.   She did an amazing job so that is on the line up to be trimmed and bound.   I smell a finish 

:)

gg

--
Chelle
#522 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 11:11:49 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Hoping to get blocks made for E today and also may work on more sea glass blocks for myself.  I do need to make some progress on my June UFO so maybe I will work on that after E.  Thinking I have at least one other top ready to quilt, so may get that ready to go.  Thinking about making some quick easy baby quilts (or maybe 1) for a friends son.

Buckle up Buttercup
Chelle
#523 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 6:58:02 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Well all I did was get most pieces cut for Eureka blocks.  Neck started hurting so doing the smart thing and not doing anymore today.

Buckle up Buttercup
Brenda
#524 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 9:06:16 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I decided to start working on a panel that Taz gifted me.  I have it cut apart and I am now squaring up the parts.  It is a fun panel called "The Sisterhood of Quilters"

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Leslie
#525 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 9:17:38 PM(UTC)
Leslie

i had to work until noon today, came home and started a new thread i promised GG.

then i mowed for 2 hours

Leslie
elliebell650
#526 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 5:18:56 AM(UTC)
elliebell650

Leslie what's the name of the new thread, thanks Marg
Marg
Dorian
#527 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:16:42 AM(UTC)
Dorian

I've been making some small things for my dd and working on an Irish stars quilt. A picture of the projects for my dd are in the quilting finished thread.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Kimberlie
#528 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 12:58:20 AM(UTC)
Kimberlie

My quilting time ...dare I say....is becoming a weekly occurance and I am loving it.  This week I finished sea glass blocks, caught up on the coffee and quilts mystery quilt and also worked on Shabby Fabrics Christmas BOM I am doing.  This is so cute....

Love hearing updates.  :)

The Impossible Just Takes Longer
Bonita
#529 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:52:20 AM(UTC)
Bonita

Working on a Black and White Charms on Point quilt, pattern from MSQC. Love how easy to make them stand on point without having to inset triangles.

Bonita
GardenGal
#530 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 12:30:35 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

I've carved out 25 minutes to sew on some Eureka blocks     I'm soo close to having all my blocks made.   Chelle finished her last 4 blocks recently and I'd like to catch up if I can.  

gg

--
lttlmllr
#531 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 12:54:39 PM(UTC)
lttlmllr

Well I was hoping to have my new sewing room in order by today, that did not happen. I am still recovering and I have very little energy. I will try tomorrow to work on it.
Leah

Never underestimate the power of a woman with a sewing machine
Kimberlie
#532 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 2:31:57 PM(UTC)
Kimberlie

This weekend has been productive!  Caught up on my Shabby Fabrics Belive BOM and my IMAGINE BOM from LQS, bound a table runner, Caught up on Clues 2, 3 and 4 for Coffee and Quilts quilt along here....and worked on my ELK UFO June Challenge.  Hubby entertaining the littles boys so that freed me up!  Laundry going in the back ground and kitchen is clean....means more sewing time for me!!! 

The Impossible Just Takes Longer
Dorian
#533 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 7:17:04 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Originally Posted by: Bonita Go to Quoted Post

Working on a Black and White Charms on Point quilt, pattern from MSQC. Love how easy to make them stand on point without having to inset triangles.

How do they do that Bonita?

I did nothing in the sewing room the past 2 days. On Friday I got a quilt sandwhiched/pinned, and that about wore me out. lol

Bonita
#534 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 7:37:40 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Dorian, you start with six twelve square rows stitch them in long rectangle, cut two triangles off each end...sew the smaller triangles back together and then sew those back to the large triangle and this is what you get. Still need to add two borders.

Bonita
elliebell650
#535 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:00:28 PM(UTC)
elliebell650

Bonita I love this I have many B&W fabrics thanks for the inspiration.
Marg
GloBug
#536 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:32:53 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Bonita, I like your B&W quilt top!

I've been in a sewing funk since mid-April but today it dawned on me that my brother-in-law will be retiring in mid-August.  He is a huge Civil War fan and many years ago I bought a quilt kit that was all about Abe Lincoln, the Gettysburg address and the Civil War that I wanted to make for his retirement.  So I dug it out and started prepping the fabrics.  It does feel good to have a heartfelt purpose to make another quilt.  My plan is to have it completely finished by the end of July.    

Brenda
#537 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:45:25 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Originally Posted by: GloBug Go to Quoted Post

Bonita, I like your B&W quilt top!

I've been in a sewing funk since mid-April but today it dawned on me that my brother-in-law will be retiring in mid-August.  He is a huge Civil War fan and many years ago I bought a quilt kit that was all about Abe Lincoln, the Gettysburg address and the Civil War that I wanted to make for his retirement.  So I dug it out and started prepping the fabrics.  It does feel good to have a heartfelt purpose to make another quilt.  My plan is to have it completely finished by the end of July.    

What a great idea Glo.  He is going to love it.  I am glad you found your way back to the sewing room.  Is your daughter out of school for the summer?

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Dorian
#538 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 8:37:56 AM(UTC)
Dorian

Originally Posted by: Bonita Go to Quoted Post

Dorian, you start with six twelve square rows stitch them in long rectangle, cut two triangles off each end...sew the smaller triangles back together and then sew those back to the large triangle and this is what you get. Still need to add two borders.

Very interesting Bonita, thank you.

monalee
#539 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:12:26 AM(UTC)
monalee

My oldest granddaughter is here for a sewcation. She is in 4H again and is making her outfits. Luckily we can both sew at the same time with extra machines. I’m finishing up my book blocks.
cv quilter
#540 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 10:53:30 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Bonita, that is an awesome looking quilt.  the idea and pattern is fascinating.  I'll have to look up Jenny's tute on this technique.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Rss Feed  Atom Feed