Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
stitchintime
#101 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 8:37:37 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Sharon, I always learn something new and if you have never heard Vandana Shiva speak, she is an amazing and inspirational woman.

Barb
Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true
cv quilter
#102 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 9:02:00 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: stitchintime Go to Quoted Post

Sharon, I always learn something new and if you have never heard Vandana Shiva speak, she is an amazing and inspirational woman.

Thanks, Barb.  I'll be checking.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
GardenGal
#103 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:44:21 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

153.8  and I never thought I'd get away from 156.  

woohoo

gg

--
Quiltbaby
#104 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:25:16 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

G.G. That is so awesomeclap clap Your doing so well!! CONGRATSdance
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
GardenGal
#105 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:39:28 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Thanks Candis!!   I meant to tell you, I love radishes!   I've used them in a stew,  I have fried them with onion bits and sausage and yesterday I cooked them with a roast.  

Such a great substitute for potatoes!!!  Easy to find, easy to peel and affordable.  

gg

--
Quiltbaby
#106 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:33:59 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I know right radishes are awesome the red and the white I just discovered using cabbage as noodles ,stir fried with butter and garlic .i took a head of green cabbage and quartered it, then cut into strips. Med width. Like Fehttuchini noodles . Sauté the butter and minced garlic with pepper and ground basil , I added some red pepper flakes too. Then added my cabbage noodles . Yum no cabbage taste even . Al dente noodle like . Cook just enough until the cabbage just starts to release water I made this yesterday as a side dish then added fresh Parmesan cheese .Next time I’m making Alfredo sauce for it or use my marinara meat sauce. Man who knew so good .

Radishes cooked like potatoes are my fav too. Your doing so good GG I’m so proud!!!

Candis
Quiltbaby
#107 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:41:39 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Oh oh GG try the radishes roasted I quarter the big ones spray with olive oil and sprinkle the spices I want I use Smokey paprika then when I take out while hot sprinkle with Parma Sean freshly grated So good I use air fryer but great in oven too

Candis
Chelle
#108 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 9:30:00 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Struggling with food lately, but I would like to lose 20+ pounds by DHs birthday (end of June) so I need to get serious about food and exercise.  It's rediculous because I can go workout at the school anytime but I don't.  I love walking, but haven't done that for a while and now my allergies are kicking my rear - so I need to start doing some core exercises at home and/or I need to go to the school to get my cardio in.

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
GardenGal
#109 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:57:47 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

NOT the same as the apple barn but I made fried porkchops and creamed spinach for dinner.     All keto legal.  

--
GardenGal
#110 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 9:13:29 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Originally Posted by: GardenGal Go to Quoted Post

153.8  and I never thought I'd get away from 156.  

woohoo

gg

I am eating right after the retreat ( plus a day before and another day after leaving ) and as of this morning my weight is 155.6 so it looks like the damage for crazy eating is a serious 2 pounds of fat which will take at least 2 weeks of correct eating and good stepping.    Can't wait to be under 153.8   Worth so much more than any sweets! 

gg

--
GardenGal
#111 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:42:25 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

155.2, it IS coming off.  

gg

--
Chelle
#112 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:46:36 AM(UTC)
Chelle

So excited for you GG!  

I hadn't planned it but got lots of walking in yesterday, today my hips hurt but I know it was good for more me to get those steps in.  Need to figure out a regular routine for my days in general... had one but now its been changed haha.  It's cooler and rainy today so I think I will make soup.

GardenGal
#113 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:08:58 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

154.0    Just .02 above my pre-retreat weight.    Looks like next week I'll be below it.   

Had a great keto dinner last night.. salisbury steak with 90 second bread.   

I've gotten in over 3,000 steps today and it's only 8 here.  

Move, move, move... or sew sew sew . 

--
Chelle
#114 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:42:00 AM(UTC)
Chelle

GG the salsbury steak was a success here.  I only had a little bite since I wasn't feeling well but it was good.  So glad I doubled the recipe so I can have some today.  I got a lot of steps in over the weekend, still moving this week but not as many steps.

Last week I was so nervous to pick up the phone and reach out to prospective students, now it's no big deal (usually).  Last night DH pointed out that it wasn't long ago that I would have been terrified to point that I wouldn't have been able to do it.  He told me he was proud of me. :)

Chelle
#115 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 12:35:57 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I need to get completely back on track with my eating and I need to be better with exercise and toning.  We may be getting a family membership at the gym down the street so that will help.  I will ask Max to make me do planks with him :)

We did my bloodwork and my cholesterol and A1C numbers dropped since tested in January :). My A1C was fine previously but she was concerned about the other, she knows I do keto, and I said I didn't want to do medication at that time, could we just check in a few months and see if there is any improvement, which she agreed to.  I can't wait for her to see the results (she's been out of the office).

GardenGal
#116 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:24:25 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Another LOW to report.  152.2  it's been years since I was this size and I can't tell you how much better I feel  knowing it.   I had a couple of downfalls but got my keto pants back on and know that the cheats are not worth the frustration that last weeks.    

No more cheats until I am into the 140s.   

gg

--
Quiltbaby
#117 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 9:49:31 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

That is wonderful GG And your right the cheats are not worth the set backs, or the inflammation and headaches and all the other side effects carbage causes. Way to be Keto strong! You go girl.

Candis
GardenGal
#118 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 5:12:54 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

I was so dang happy to see that 152.2 but it must have been a false low because I went right back up to the 153s and stayed there a little bit of forever.  :( 

A few days ago in chat Brenda and I were talking and we both knew if we tracked our foods we'd see improvement and so for a couple of days I wrote it all down AND  I cut my coffee (with cream ) intake in half AND I stopped all eating at 7 p.m.  AND I watched the calories I was eating and not going with hey, no carbs then I can eat a bucket of it. 

Happy to say I was 151.2 this morning and that was me weighing at 4 a.m. with some light weight clothes on.  

I don't like restricting my intake like this but I need a BUMP in the loss/

gg

--
Leslie
#119 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 6:59:25 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Thats great G. I do find if i track my food i do much better
Leslie
mimi2jefftye
#120 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:36:42 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Well it has been awhile since I posted in here.  Actually was afraid to post anything until I knew I was making progress.

On May 24th I started following a Keto based way of eating, with the help of my sister.  I am pleased to say with much help from her, Candis, and the other threads on here and facebook, I am seeing some positive results.

I have lost 39 lbs and a total of 13 inches.

When I went to the retreat in Oklahoma I let myself have some treats and when I got home there was a bit of a gain in the scale, but again happy to say that all of the gain plus 2 lbs are gone.

Will be starting to walk more, hoping that the relief in the humidity the last two days stays for awhile.  Once I start walking I hope to see even more improvement.

Here's hoping you all are having a great summer!!!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Rss Feed  Atom Feed