Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Nancy_MN
#21 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 7:42:49 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Thanks for letting me enjoy your spring weather and gardening fun vicariously.

Our daytime highs are now in the mid 40's and even though it drops below 32 at night, still the snow is melting fairly fast now. Huge lakes are forming in the yard because the ground is still frozen. I do have some herb seeds sprouting in the house under lights! dance
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
gailb
#22 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:38:10 AM(UTC)
gailb

We just added a flower bed in front of our deck. I'm planting 3 different color butterfly bushes.  Next weekend we'll be tilling the garden.  I'm hoping to get some seeds started, but I'm busy fixing up our trashed rental, again.  Sheesh!

I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.
GardenGal
#23 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:54:44 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Originally Posted by: gailb Go to Quoted Post

We just added a flower bed in front of our deck. I'm planting 3 different color butterfly bushes.  Next weekend we'll be tilling the garden.  I'm hoping to get some seeds started, but I'm busy fixing up our trashed rental, again.  Sheesh!

I planted 2 Butterfly bushes close to the chicken coop/run and both LEANED so bad to get more sun. One was on the East side and the other on the West side.   We moved them today to be next to NOTHING.    Keep an eye on them to start leaning .. the earlier you move them, the easier it will be.   I'll bring you some daff bulbs at the E TN retreat.

gg

--
GardenGal
#24 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 5:48:03 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Hubby made a bit of progress yesterday on my new raised garden bed..   We didn't get as much done as hoped for because step one was get the yard truck working.  The drive shaft went out the week before the retreat ( and hubby was in SD Calif that week too).   The part had come in so hubby went to get it.. he put it in.. but then the battery was dead and not to be revived.  LOL   He got a new battery installed and then it was off to Lowe's for more lumber.   

We waited well over 30 minutes for them to lower a pallet of wood.   We did get it .. at my suggestion hubby got 3 extra pieces because we hate to run short and seem to always need a board for something.  LOL   Ends up..  we need more but that's ok.. Jace showed up at 6 and that's worth stopping for.  

I'm cleaning up a few beds and have an abundance of red surprise lilies..  Seems I have a home for them so that's a win win.

I picked up some amazing deals on sedum plants last fall ( were 7.00 each and on clearance for 99 cents) and it looks like 7 out of the 8 thrived through the Winter months.  :D   We planted half of them yesterday..  I want to plant more on the hill behind the bees.   They like them and I hope they multiply out there.  

All the seeds I started indoors were put out too soon and didn't make it.     One of these days, I will do 'seeds' right..  by that I mean indoors...  The ones I put outside often do ok.

gg

--
GardenGal
#25 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 5:04:15 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Today I got 2 nice blueberry bushes planted and yesterday Chris deemed my new raised bed ready for plants  -  woohoo!!  He plans on adding a top/seat around it but no reason to hold off planting.  :D   

I still have plants to put somewhere but at least I'm getting 'something' planted every day.   I must have it all done by the retreat.  

gg

--
Chelle
#26 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:13:57 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Well... I have a potted plant at my front doorstep now :) and I have a planter of succulents on my island.  I have a couple bulbs to plant, maybe I can do that tomorrow morning.  I have one birds of paradise plant that has two blooms, the others have nothing.  I take what I can get :). I am happy that some of my other plants have flowered. 

I did start dyeing rocks for my rock garden, does that count? LOL

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
Leslie
#27 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:39:11 PM(UTC)
Leslie

I transplanted some tomatoes today, needed bigger pots. My strawberry bed i made is growing great and my salad bed is getting close to eating.
Leslie
Nancy_MN
#28 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 9:32:27 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

When do your tomatoes go into their outdoor beds, Leslie? My tomato seedlings are doing very well under lights indoors. It will be a few weeks until they can go into the unheated greenhouse.
Leslie
#29 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 3:57:58 AM(UTC)
Leslie

Nancy, i will put them out the second week of MaybigGrin
Leslie
GardenGal
#30 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 1:07:06 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

My veggie beds ( 2 raised ) are now planted..  I found some very nice plants in E Tn for 50 cents each so I loaded up the beds...  Will likely have to cull a plant or two some day... will try to gift them to family, friends or neighbors.

I got 20+ flower plants Sunday from Lowes and got them planted today... again I got more plants than I had spots / pots for so I just tucked a few in here and there... 

I should be mowing... I will before dinner.  :)

gg

--
Brenda
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:33:52 PM(UTC)
Brenda

My husband planted most of the plants in the garden a few days ago.  The only problem is he also hurt his back while doing it.  Now he is unable to help much and is trying to rest it.  The grandkids do not understand why grandpa is not going out in the yard to play with them or pick them up.  

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Nancy_MN
#32 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 4:56:13 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

I turned over the soil in my raised veggie beds at home today. I filled one with rows of seeds of greens and beets. The other will be planted with broccoli seedlings tomorrow. All these plants can tolerate the cold nights we are still experiencing.

Maybe next week I can get my raised beds at the community garden planted though it would be safer to wait until after Memorial Day. Still lots of veggie seedlings and bedding flower plants waiting for me in the "greenhouse" (covered dog kennel).

I hope your hubby's back heals quickly, Brenda!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed