Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<212223
Dorian
#441 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:12:26 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Oh no Sharon, poor Kayla. Hope she feels better soon.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
GloBug
#442 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:43:45 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Oh Sharon, sorry to hear about your granddaughter's broken wrist...yikes!!  Hope she mends quickly.

Today was a good day in my sewing room!  I spent lots of time sewing up my KT strips and creating cute little 4-patch units.  This week has been good for me so far and Calvin is having fun with his mommy while she is on her spring break from teaching.  I'm finding that since Saturday, every day has been filled with lots of progress in many different areas of my life.  Lots of happy stuff and some somber stuff but I'm dealing well with all of it.  Okay, now getting off of my computer and going to finish cooking dinner and then bake some chocolate cookies to take to a memorial service on Thursday.    

cv quilter
#443 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:53:03 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Oh, Glo, I am reading between the lines of your post.  I pray for peace and comfort for your friends and neighbors.  These are very hard times.  I have been wondering about your dear friend.  Bless you for the love you shower and give so freely.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
GloBug
#444 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:03:37 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Sharon, thank you for "reading between the lines" and your kind post....it means so much to me when a friend listens. 

Now back to the thread topic.... what's going on your your Sewing Cave ladies?? 

GardenGal
#445 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:27:03 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

It's been a while since I played in my sewing room and while chatting with Chelle this morning we both said we thought that we weren't wanting to sew because of the mess/piles..  So, while on my yard work break time, I went into my sewing room and ending up staying almost an hour just putting things away and pressing a boat load of batiks.  

Felt good to touch cotton.  

oh noo Sharon.. I hope that got caught on film and the person that did it has penalties of some sort.

hugs Globug!!   Progress is so nice!!!  I'm here if you ever want to drop a dime.  ;)

gg

--
Dorian
#446 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:50:36 AM(UTC)
Dorian

((GLO)) 

I've just went thru a medium sized tote full of fabric 'remnants' a friend of my SIL gave me . These remnants are all at least a yard, some of them many more yards!! So very generous of her. They are not all quilt quality cotton, but I'm sure I can find something to do with them...lol.

My Bear quilt is on hold, SIGH~ I've been having so much tension issues. Finally figured out that it was the thread. Most the time, my machine has no issue with me switching back and forth between Essential cotton thread and Auriful, but for some reason, it has taken exception to the Auriful this time around and I can not get it squared, the tension. So I need to order a better color in the Essential line, before I can get this quilted.... Which means unpicking 3 quilted blocks .

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
cv quilter
#447 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:44:49 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Had errands in the morning, and then got all of my 11 remaining KT swap blocks pieced.  Also got  all of the charms cut.  All I have left to do is to assemble the 11 blocks, trim and square, and tag and bag.  I decided to take the rest of afternoon off and spend with Fred.  He has put the first coat of finish on it and ALMOST got the baby cradle finished for our granddaughter and her hubby for their first baby....our great grandbaby.  ALL of the sanding has worn his shoulders out.!  The cradle is INCREDIBLE.  I almost wish I could keep it. :)

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
lttlmllr
#448 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:12:43 PM(UTC)
lttlmllr

I had grand plans for this week in my sewing room.  nothing has been done. I need to clean and organize first then i can start sewing. I feel like i should get something done before i leave for the E TN retreat. 

Leah

Never underestimate the power of a woman with a sewing machine
Nancy_MN
#449 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:33:22 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

I worked about 90 minutes this afternoon on my 3.5" stars for the king-size quilt.  This evening, I hand-stitched on a wool & flannel BOM.  I never sat very long as I was constantly running outdoors to move the pump hose.  I'm used to having to pump my perenniel shade garden each spring since it sits in a low part of the yard, but this year there seems to be no end in sight.  We're still waiting to see all the snow melt, and today we had the first of our spring rain.  The poor crocuses are starting to pop up, and I'm worried the bulbs may rot from all the moisture.  Praying for a string of warm, sunny days!

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Brenda
#450 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 12:33:34 AM(UTC)
Brenda

I did not get in my sewing room at all today except to change diapers today.  Tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday I am free to sew.  I need to start and finish my mug rug for the swap I have the design ready and it should go pretty quickly.  I also would like to press, cut and sew some if not all of the blocks for the KT Swap blocks.

I have the fabric all ready to go and it is so pretty.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Rss Feed  Atom Feed