Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
cv quilter
#43 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 5:43:12 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: stitchintime Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: monalee Go to Quoted Post
Since I returned from Aruba Jan 6, I have lost 7.8 lbs, I weighed yesterday. I have been trying for no salt, so basically nothing prepared. I hope this continues, after my son’s heart issues, I will forever watch my salt and portion sizes. I really do enjoy the foods on the Mediterranean plan, I was eating too many salty items on Keto.

Yay, Mona, your endothelium will be so much happier.  And you will reduce your cancer risk too 

A lot of good weight loss going on here.

The mediterranean plan is what is recommeded for Fred due to his health issues.  We have a cookbook we purchased and have been reading the recipes.  A different way of eating for us, but it does not look undoable.  Actually some of the recipes look pretty good.  Fred loves fruits and veggies, neither of us likes meats that much, big thing for  us is cheese (and for me carbs)

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
stitchintime
#44 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:32:20 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Sharon, it might help if you commit to giving up cheese for just a week.  Dairy is very inflammatory and when you give it up, it is amazing how many aches and pains disappear (allergies also).  By carbs, I hope you are referring to refined products with white or enriched flours.  The human body is designed to convert carbs for fuel (glucose) - it is your primary fuel source.  My meals consist of 50-70 percent carbs.  They are not the enemy like so many think.  Try sprouted grain breads and whole wheat pastas (no enriched flour) It is refined and packaged foods, meats (particularly processed meats), dairy and oils that science is proving promotes so many of today's diseases.  

Barb
cv quilter
#45 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:42:51 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Barb, thanks.  So much to learn, so many things to do to eat healthier (not lose weight, Fred and I don't care about that)  Cheese is Fred's nemisis, carbs are mine.  I really don't want to cut out carbs, just want to eat the right ones in the right amounts.  Thanks for your input here.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Rss Feed  Atom Feed