Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Veronica
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 2:05:28 PM(UTC)
Veronica

Are you overwhelmed by clutter?

Are you drowning in paper and miscellaneous things?

Does your home resemble the Before photos?

Join me in striving toward the After photos!

This is a year-long goal to bring our homes to a more orgnized living space.  I am following the plan here: https://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/organized-home.html  

The idea is to take only 15 minutes to work on purging and decluttering a specific area each day.  If the area requires more than 15 minutes to complete it, you have the option to work until it's done.  But if it's not done, leave it.  We aren't working toward perfection, we're following the timer.

Download or print off the monthly calendar that shows what to work on for that day.  Or you can sign up to get daily text reminders from the site.  

I won't post every day, but this is the spot where I'll be checking in periodically with my organizing updates.  And if you are following a different plan or method, please join us!! 

Let's rule our homes and not let the STUFF monster run our lives any more!

Veronica
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 2:07:47 PM(UTC)
Veronica

Today's mission is to clear the clutter around the kitchen sink area.  So I'm off to wash the dishes and then especially work on the window sill.  That really can get piled up with detritus. 

Chelle
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 2:16:54 PM(UTC)
Chelle

oh I have so much clutter... but it's not all my stuff which makes it difficult.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Veronica
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 2:19:55 PM(UTC)
Veronica

I know what you mean, Chelle!  I'm going to do everything I can with what is in my power.  Depending on the situation and the stuff, I may move it or just work around it.  At least MY life will be more in order.

cv quilter
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:23:59 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Wow, V, this challenge is back!  You know I tried this months ago, had some success, but where I REALLY need to work is in my Sewing She Cave..  It has gotten sew bad, sew out of line, sew cluttered, I know I need to work on it.  I won't post a any pics, (for a while anyway), but I am going to try to work in there, and maybe I'll post pics at some point.  Other areas of home need HElP again, but I'll just watch for a while.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Veronica
#6 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 10:48:15 AM(UTC)
Veronica

The kitchen cleaning and organizing isn't going as well as I had hoped.  Two females in the kitchen is making it difficult to make it my own space.  I'll have to wait a week or so until MIL is actually moved out to revisit this area.  Right now, I'm just trying to focus on general clutter each day.

sorefingers
#7 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 8:38:46 PM(UTC)
sorefingers

I'm afraid to post pics of my house.  It is a major disaster.  The only good thing that could be said that if someone came in to rob me they would think they are too late.  It looks like someone has already tossed the whole place.  Maybe I can get there is 52 weeks.  I'll try.  Wish me luck.  A small part of my problem is that I have boxes of my DD's stuff that has been sitting around the house for 2 years (that's when she moved back home) looking for a place to go and a large group of toys for 2 grandsons when they visit.  

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
Veronica
#8 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 9:46:29 PM(UTC)
Veronica

I really is hard when it's more than just your own things to deal with.

I cleared out nearly all the Christmas stuff.  I forgot just a couple of things on the wall.  But I'll get that tomorrow after school.

uspslady
#9 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 10:19:19 PM(UTC)
uspslady

I put away all of the Christmas stuff and it is back in storage in the garage cabinets.  I semi-organized part of my sewing room (which is dangerous as I usually end up hiding stuff from myself).  I really need to clean out the other spare bedroom which is the grandkids play room/tv room/exercise room (it houses the treadmill) and general I don't have anywhere else to stick this stuff room at the moment.  It is a disaster as the grandkids were here for Christmas and there are now toys all over the room.  My kitchen is a disaster as I have run out of room for all of the kitchen gadgets my kids seem to buy me for Christmas, and the master bedroom which is an alternative place to store things when I need to just get them out of the way.  And my office/computer area/sewing area is laughable if it wasn't so cluttered.  I keep telling myself I'm not a hoarder, but it is difficult to get rid of stuff that the kids (mine are over 40 years old now) have made for me, along with the collection of items  from the grandkids.  Oh well, one of these days I'll just start throwing.  On a good note, hubby did clean out his side of the walk-in closet and we donated 7 extra large garbage bags of clothing to the MS Society.  I partially cleaned out my side, but still have hopes for some of the clothes, but did get rid of all the big stuff as I have no plans of going up in size again.

EvelynB
#10 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 10:36:38 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Good challenge. Luckily my house doesn’t look like the before pictures. (Sometimes, however, my sewing room is an embarrassment) Even at Christmas my son had three large trash cans ready before we started opening gifts. He’s compulsive about cleaning and organizing. When he visits I do a purge hoping to avoid having him clean. He’s coming this weekend to watch the Cowboy game with his dad. So I’m working on putting up Christmas decor. Next weekend the contractor comes to remodel our master closet. I’ve had it almost emptied for many weeks in anticipation. We have a huge closet but it doesn’t work well for us. So my garage is a mess with a bunch of closet stuff. I dislike having things on my kitchen counters so cleaning around my sink isn’t necessary. I redid the cabinet floor under the sink to get rid of items I seldom use. I have a plastic surface and two turntables to make it easier to get items. I can’t kneel on my knees so my lower cabinets need to be organized.
I will enjoy reading the challenges. One thing I need to trash is my tapes and DVD’s. They’re dust collectors.
Veronica
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:40:49 PM(UTC)
Veronica

Well, MIL got the occupancy of her new home!!  So that means a few weeks of clearing her stuff out...or when she's ready to get it all over to the new house.  She is still waiting for a couple workers to wrap things up so she can clean and set up, but the wait is nearly over.  I know I will be going through things as much as possible when she moves out.  At least right now I feel motivated to do that.  We'll see what happens when the time comes.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed