Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

18 Pages123>»
Fabriholic
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 10:55:18 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Block of the Month Progress

Please post here what BOM's you will be working on this month. You can work on just 1, and get as many done as you can, or work on 2 or 3.  It is up to you!   Our goal is to get those BOM's out and get to work on them!   I know some of you do blocks of the week also - this would count as well!

Please post a picture of the start of the BOM's.  (If you have 5 BOM left, you need to post a picture of all the "packets") You must post a picture of the completed BOM for to add the point to the list. 

Please tell me in this thread which BOM(s) you will be working on this month!

You can join anytime!   Just post your list of BOM's HERE in the Challenge thread.  Then tell me in this thread - The January thread - which BOM(s) you will be working on this month.

Finished   January  February March April May   June July....***..     August September October November December
Fabriholic   Wisdom  1/22 1 month done     04/11 1 set done 05/24 1 set done  Kits cut out, but no progress.            
GloBug   Meet me in the Meadow  1/25 6 blocks     blks 7-12  WTG! Borders?  06/29 1 alternating block to do 12 more to go!  Alternating Blocks Complete  07/20          
Mimi    Quilters Dessert  step 5, 6, and 7 done  one left.                      
Quiltertess   Berries & Blossoms  1/22 finished 6 - top is complete.  1 set done                    
Fernie   Green Tea and Sweet Beans  1/22  working on blk 6 - orange peels  Kaffe Mystery Top Done 03/12 Clamshells done month7                  
Teatime    Crown and Star  working on blk 5  blk 6 done  blk 7 Done   05/31 Blk 8 done  06/16  blk 9 done  07/20  blk 10 complete          
    Be My Neighbor xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

9 Blocks, 2 sets cut out

0704 blk 1 done!  7/7 blk 2 done!

Bonita   Save the Bees  4 blocks done        

Working on letters.

1 Fancy Forest    Thistles done  Fireflies Done!!03/16      Top together, Working on Borders  Complete!          
Patti Cockfield   #5 Bird Walk                        
CV Quilter   Craftsy 2016 Garden Quilt blk 1 and 2 complete   Finished Feb and March   Working on it

06/05Applique round done!

Working on Piano Key Border 06/07 Done and Quilt Top Done!!!

Nancy MN    All Through the Night    2/14 Dec blk done   

04/01 Jan Done04/10 Feb blk Done  04/17 April Done

5/18 March Done

06/30 - Got Sing Done!!!            
 USPSLady  1  Mineral Matrix  all 12 blocks done - working on borders  Top is complete        06/11  Mineral Matrix Complete!            

Sheila
Today is a new day!
Fabriholic
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:07:22 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Housekeeping - for the next 56 days I will be on 3p to 11p shift, with Mondays and Tuesdays off.  I am not allowed to have my cell phone in dispatch, and an unable to check the forum when I am on the console.

I will check the thread daily, in the mornings, and I will update the chart on either Monday or Tuesday each week. 

If I miss your post on your BOM finish, please PM me with when you posted it and I will review and update the chart. 

I am tracking these in and Excel Spreadsheet and will update, then copy and paste my chart from there.  

Sheila
Today is a new day!
Fabriholic
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:10:20 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Here are my Wisdom Blocks.  Block 4 will be coming out this month.   Starting on Block 1.  Block 2 will have multiples. 

I got to help finish the shop sample and I am looking forward to this BOM!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
GloBug
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:24:12 AM(UTC)
GloBug

My BOM kit for January is called "Meet Me in the Meadow" and it is a 12 month BOM from Patchwork Party Fall 2010.  I haven't made any of the blocks in this BOM kit and I'll start with Block #1.

The block designs and fabric line is by Marti Michell and are by Maywood Fabrics.

Click onto picture to enlarge the view, thank you.

Bonita
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:49:55 PM(UTC)
Bonita

I'm going to start with Save the Bees bom for Jan.

Bonita
deb.morseth
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 1:58:18 PM(UTC)
deb.morseth

Hey, Bonita, I plan to do that one, too. I'm inbigGrin
MN DEB from Mall of America land
quiltertess
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 3:40:41 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I am working on my Berries and Blossoms - I started with Block 7 this morning and now am working on Block 10.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Fernie
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 4:03:06 PM(UTC)
Fernie

I’ll be working on Green Tea and Sweet Beans this month. I’ll add a picture next time I sit down to sew. I had planned to be sewing all day, but I’m in a flare and it just didn’t happen. I did print off PP patterns for the Tulip block.
patti.cockfield
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 6:45:35 PM(UTC)
patti.cockfield

Here is my Bird Walk BOM.  I am doing it now because it was at the top of the BOM pile, pile of bins of BOMs.  Here are a couple photos.  Second shows the three blocks I completed. Working on 4th block today. 

שלום
Mimi
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 1:43:56 PM(UTC)
Mimi

I'd like to work on this for January.  I can't show each package as this was a BOM from my LQS and it came with monthly directions. At the beginning we got the total yardage minus the backing. This is how far I've gotten with it but there is still much to accomplish.  It's called Quilter's Dessert and each month we went to enjoy the included dessert recipes given by the designer and get the directions and hints for the month.  What a perk!!

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
cv quilter
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:24:31 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I will be working on the Craftsy 2016 BOM Garden Quilt.  Will post a picture.  I only have the fabric in the box sent to me, so am starting from scratch.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Fabriholic
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 1:06:36 PM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Good morning!

I am updating the chart.  

Patti, Bird Walk is going to be  beautiful!

Mimi, Desserts are always a perk!  Love the colors.  How many steps did you receive, and how many have you completed.  That is where we will start. 

Fernie- are you starting from BLK 1 also?

For my Fancy Foresters - Same as Mimi - what steps/months have you completed and how many do you have left to go?

From what I am seeing posted, these are going to be so much fun to follow along with!   Love seeing what everyone is finding in their stash!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
Mimi
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 1:28:38 PM(UTC)
Mimi

Originally Posted by: Fabriholic Go to Quoted Post
Mimi, Desserts are always a perk!  Love the colors.  How many steps did you receive, and how many have you completed.  That is where we will start. 

I had completed 5 of 8 steps.  Just like Bonnie's mysteries, I had completed a few of step 6 - 8 so I could see the way pieces fit together.  I'm working on step 6 right now and hope to have it finished with pictures by the end of the day.  

cv quilter
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:05:12 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Fabrics and pattern for Craftsy 2016 BOM Garden Charm Quilt.  Lucious Thimbleberry fabrics.  This will be an ongoing project

Sharon
GloBug
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:11:00 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Originally Posted by: Fabriholic Go to Quoted Post

Good morning!

I am updating the chart.  

For my Fancy Foresters - Same as Mimi - what steps/months have you completed and how many do you have left to go?

From what I am seeing posted, these are going to be so much fun to follow along with!   Love seeing what everyone is finding in their stash!

Hi Sheila.  My Forest Friends Kit is new to me.  The given directions aren't a BOM per se and today I'll sort out the FQ's and label them as suggested in the pattern booklet directions.  There are a total of 56 "blocks" made up of 16 Foxes, 8 Bunnys, 8 Owls, 8 Hedghogs, 8 Thistles and 8 Fireflys.  Each critter block varies in finished sizes from 6"x8" to 15"x6".  I also counted the pieces of each critter.  The Fox has 14 pcs, Bunny has 43 pcs, Owl has 54 pcs, Hedgehog has 34 pcs, Thistle has 26 pcs and the Firefly has 43 pcs...all pieces are per block.  I'm making the large size quilt and the size will be 67" x 91".

Click onto picture to enlarge the view, thanks.

Bonita
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 5:35:04 PM(UTC)
Bonita

I'm making the large size and so far I have done all the Foxes,the Bunnys,the Owls and the Hedgehogs. Left are the Thistles 8 of them and 8 Fireflys. Then the fun of putting them all together.

Bonita
Teatime
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 6:10:36 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Crown and Star BOM. This is a BOM with my quilty friends. We each choose a block from Quilter's Cache and bought our own fabric. A Red and Cream quilt was on my bucket list. Ha! BOM on a budget. I wanted to do 2 /month and get it finished in 6 months. I'm behind! I have 3 out of 12 completed. 

Marian
Fernie
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 6:18:51 PM(UTC)
Fernie

I’m starting with month 4. The fabrics are already spread around my sewing table, and the PP patterns are printed. I also have months 5&6.

I am completely unable to post a picture 😢. Any hints?!

Fernie - if it is to big, you may need to open the picture in microsoft paint, and then reduce the size, save it, and try to load it again into the gallery.  That is what I do if they won't load.  You can copy and paste a picture from facebook, if you are on facebook. 

Mimi
#19 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 10:53:33 AM(UTC)
Mimi

I've finished Step 6 for Quilter's Dessert that had four parts to it.  For the first part I had already made most of the 14.5 inch blocks but needed to add the four corners.  I had already done two blocks so that left 10 to complete and square up.

Next I had two 6.5 inch blocks to make to complete the thirteen needed.

Finally there were two cuttings I needed to make.  First was to cut off the corners of the 48 triangles and then to cut the first border, 1.5 x 8 WOF.  

cv quilter
#20 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 2:37:35 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Whew, Jean.  Sounds like a lot of work, but it looks like it's going to be a pretty quilt.

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed