Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<8910
Bonita
#190 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:57:42 PM(UTC)
Bonita

I'm going thru my stash and picking fabrics for the owls. Lots of pieces for Mr Allie. I didn't order the kit just the download pattern. It was cheaper that way and I just print out the pages needed for each critter.

Bonita
GloBug
#191 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:12:41 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Originally Posted by: Bonita Go to Quoted Post

I'm going thru my stash and picking fabrics for the owls. Lots of pieces for Mr Allie. I didn't order the kit just the download pattern. It was cheaper that way and I just print out the pages needed for each critter.

Bonita, I always believe in doing whatever works best for yourself and you are making some great looking blocks using your stash!!   

I look forward to seeing pictures of your progress. 

cv quilter
#192 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:22:11 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I've been looking at my pattern (s) today and searching for what fabrics I have to make this adorable quilt.  Really am looking forward to doing a little at a time and making a quilt (or two small ones) for great grandchildren.  I have a GGD 16 months old and one on the way (end of April 2019).  How fun to have these done to gift.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
carolracicot
#193 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 12:44:12 PM(UTC)
carolracicot

My pattern has not come  yet, hope it comes today.  I'm getting anxious to start the forest.  I joined a swap here maybe about 15 years ago and we could ask for something general and the maker would decide on specific.  I joined it several times and asked for "something in the woods".  Anyone remember?  Well, here is the quilt that came from that forest swap.

No automatic alt text available.

My doctor said I need more fiber, so I went to the fabric shop.
Bonita
#194 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 12:54:40 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Wow Carol, you got some great blocks and turned it into a great quilt. Lots of fun blocks.

Bonita
Quiltbaby
#195 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 2:19:15 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I do not remember the swap, but those are some awesome blocks. What a beautiful piece..
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
GardenGal
#196 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 2:37:23 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

I think she's talking about our old " Friendship"  swap.  You mailed 1/8th yard to everyone on the list and the ladies made a block for you with their fabrics.    I don't remember any requesting though so I could be wrong.  Maybe someone with a fresher mind remembers.

I'm getting soo close to playing in the forest.    

gg

--
Nancy_MN
#197 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 4:59:11 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

So if you joined that swap several times, Carol, you must have sent different fabric each time because I can't see one common fabric used throughout. This sounds like a fun swap.
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
ajgcreative
#198 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:09:29 PM(UTC)
ajgcreative

Worked on my fox blocks today. Finished pressing 72 ear units and got 24 ear and "forehead" units pieced together and pressed.
GloBug
#199 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 6:10:55 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Originally Posted by: ajgcreative Go to Quoted Post
Worked on my fox blocks today. Finished pressing 72 ear units and got 24 ear and "forehead" units pieced together and pressed.

Alex, your post brought a smile to my face...I am imagining little fox ears and foreheads laying round your sewing work space, lol.  

I am getting antsy to start cutting into my fabrics to make little ears and such but I want to finish up 2 more projects before I start on my Forest friends blocks.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed