Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
cv quilter
#22 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 5:46:55 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: jcorsbie Go to Quoted Post

My worse of times was the beautiful latte quilt.  I made it for my sister and when I was   3/4 done with the quilting, my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer.  I did finish it and it is beautiful and was able to gift it to her but a week after she received it she passed it away.  My nieces gave it back to me but I have not been able to even open the box

Jann, I can relate to this...  I once crocheted a beautiful couch sized afghan (I know, it's not a quilt) for Myra, my only sister, my best friend.  It was a three D afghan, beautiful dogwood flowers, in the colors she loved, rose pink, green and ivory.  Took me ages to do each block/each flower. I finally finished it and mailed it to her.  This was way before the days of computer pics and I was blessed to be able to visit her in Franklin Indiana about a year or so after she received it to see it on her sofa.  Did my heart good!  Not long after that trip, Myra passed.  Her family wanted to send it back to me.  I really couldn't take it.  I knew how much it meant to her.  My emotions were raw, I asked them to donate it and they did.  I kind of wish I had let them send it back to me.  I now would love to have it as a reminder of her and the Joy it brought to her.  BTW, Myra's middle name was JOY.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
GardenGal
#23 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 6:09:33 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Thanks for sharing Jann those are both such emotional quilts.   Sharon, it's hard to know what to do and how you'll feel later.   I've let quilts go that had 'bad' emotions associated with them ... It didn't seem like I needed them 'reminding' me.  

gg

--
Eponine1984
#24 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 8:55:07 PM(UTC)
Eponine1984

I have a few "worst of time" quilts that are still in progress, if I power through, I'm sure I'll be happy.

One was a camp mystery from ages ago, I had a friend that was just starting out as a long arm quilter and had her do them...I adore my friend, but I got what I paid for. So I have two twin size quilts that are all quilted, but need to be trimmed and bound OR rip the quilting out and redo it myself. Finished is good, but some of the stitches are an inch long - toenail grabbers for sure. It sits in a closet waiting for me to make a decision.

Another was Big Blue Bears - a swap I designed and hosted (how embarrassing is that?) and I cut the sashing half an inch too small...but didn't realize it until I tried sewing some of the pieces on. Some I stretched to fit, others I trimmed the blocks a bit. Needs a few hours of frogging and then some recut sashings, but I got so mad at the quilt (and myself!) that I tossed it in a bag and it's in the same closet as the mystery quilt.

Well-behaved women rarely make history ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
GardenGal
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:35:09 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Those Blue Bear blocks made a beautiful quilt!!  Hope you get to frogging ... would make a great travel project... If Jimmy is driving ( of course )   LOL 

--
Rss Feed  Atom Feed