Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
cv quilter
#21 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 8:59:43 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: Brenda Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Sharon Have you thought about putting them on a stick and saving them so you will have them ready to load and print when ready??

Brenda, that's a good idea...Especially for any new ones I see instead of printing them out.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Quiltingbeachy
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 12:55:15 PM(UTC)
Quiltingbeachy

Day 3 but my day 2 since I didn't step foot in the sewing room yesterday...

I found a LOT of cut off batting pieces...what do you all do with yours?

Pitch 'em?
Zig zag them together?
Tape them together?

I need ideas!!!

Irene'
cv quilter
#23 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 3:17:43 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Irene, that's funny you ask.  I have been stacking up some of my larger batting pieces and I have zig zagged some together for smaller quilts.  That works really well for me.  I also am keeping the long ones I cut off of the outside of the quilt after I have quilted it and am saving them for a JR rug.  Part off my day 4 in the Challenge (I'll post on that thread) is to stack up all my batting pieces for future use.

Sharon
cv quilter
#24 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 3:25:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Guess I WAS posting in this thread  

OK Day 4, as I posted above, I have stacked up some of my pieces of batting and sorted them for future use.   Made some practice sandwiches for FMQ using up some of the batting pieces and remnants of muslin.  I have sandwiched and spray basted my August UFO quilt and have now done some practice FMQ so that I can get it quilted.  REALLY wish I could get the hang of the Feather quilting design, but maybe another quilt!!

Sharon
quiltertess
#25 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 6:28:47 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I did neaten up my sewing room today.  Moved the leftover fabric from the costumes out and down to the downstairs sewing room (now that one needs more than a "neaten up") and put fabric away.  It does look neater.  My room is small so I have to keep it fairly clean in order to sew in there.  

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Annette
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 9:03:49 PM(UTC)
Annette

Day 1:   Did clear out one box, reorganized a couple of other things.   Need to move things around to get some space to do the cleaning.   A little progress, not as much as I hoped, but at least a step in the right direction.

Annette-IA
Brenda
#27 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 9:25:51 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Day 4... I shocked myself and actually made it into the sewing room.  I worked on two quilts, one I am trying to decide on a pattern for the sewn pieces and the other is my fish mat for granddaughter that one I was able to square up almost all of the blocks.

I spent about 4 hours in there until I started feeling a little tired.  I am still trying to get over what ever I have had for weeks now.

I will continue tonight on the computer as I look for patterns of underwater creatures to add to the fish quilt.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Teatime
#28 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 8:48:14 AM(UTC)
Teatime

Day 1 as being my own best friend. I have a bag all ready for the “give and take” table at my local quilt guild. It contains about 10 magazines and a few 10" squares that I know I will never use.

Marian
GardenGal
#29 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 9:04:31 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Originally Posted by: Teatime Go to Quoted Post

Day 1 as being my own best friend. I have a bag all ready for the “give and take” table at my local quilt guild. It contains about 10 magazines and a few 10" squares that I know I will never use.

What a VERY nice start to your 7 day challenge!!!!  

--
cindynvb
#30 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 9:34:52 AM(UTC)
cindynvb

Day 2 was yesterday. Went out and  bought 5 of my favorite totes, Sterilite 16 by 13 totes and a couple of smaler ones.  These fit on my shelves, can be stacked and I can lift them even when full of fabric. I put all my solids in 3 totes. This freed up 1 shelf because they were so messy.

cv quilter
#31 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 2:19:12 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Day 5 of the Best Friend Challenge - My "best friend" is quilting the August UFO Challenge #4 project.  Hope to have it all quilted today.  Have the binding all made.

Sharon
Brenda
#32 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 5:10:20 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I have spent most of today in the sewing room.  Sewing and chatting and sewing some more.  The only problem I am having is making myself stay focused on the two projects I am working on.  I did go to Etsy and find the machine embroidery patterns I am going to use for the fish quilt I am making.  I have decided it needs more than just fish to make this quilt mat pop.

Brenda

cindynvb
#33 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 6:27:36 PM(UTC)
cindynvb

Day 3:  I had a HUGE mess in my sewing storage area, I really, really didn't want to deal with it but I told myself I just had to look and start with the easy stuff. SO I did and guess what?? I cleaned it all up! 

I found a shoebox full of bindings all made for quilts that have already been finished ( I Thought I had a binding somewhere??)  and some leftovers and a couple of what did I make this fors?? but now they are out in the open, in a labeled box so maybe I can find a use for them. 

Also found ANOTHER box and bag of scraps.  I think I have a couple of mile a minute quilts in my future.

I've labeled all the totes so hopefully I will stop losing stuff.  Still have a long way to go, but making progress.  Maybe by the end of my vacation I will be organized.

cv quilter
#34 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 6:59:40 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Day 5 of the Best Friend Challenge - My "best friend" is quilting the August UFO Challenge #4 project.  Hope to have it all quilted today.  Have the binding all made.

Day 5 interrupted.  Nothing accomplished.  Got my Tiara all set up for quilting, and then: Our little girl dog had a medical issue and everyhing got put on hold.  Tomorrow is another day. 

Sharon
gini
#35 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 9:33:54 PM(UTC)
gini

What a great idea. We just remodeled our house and moved my studio back home. I have been trying to get my studio organized since April. The house still isn’t done, the contractor start another house before ours was finished so we have a long punch list. The sewing room however is mostly done except for the peg boards and thread cabinet. I try to do something everyday but we’ve been gone so much it’s hard. Today I emptied another plastic tub. I can almost get around now. Over the weekend I got my design wall designed and mounted. And ongoing projects put up on it. Hopefully I can get back to sewing soon
Brenda
#36 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 10:22:50 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Originally Posted by: cindynvb Go to Quoted Post

Day 3:  I had a HUGE mess in my sewing storage area, I really, really didn't want to deal with it but I told myself I just had to look and start with the easy stuff. SO I did and guess what?? I cleaned it all up! 

I found a shoebox full of bindings all made for quilts that have already been finished ( I Thought I had a binding somewhere??)  and some leftovers and a couple of what did I make this fors?? but now they are out in the open, in a labeled box so maybe I can find a use for them. 

Also found ANOTHER box and bag of scraps.  I think I have a couple of mile a minute quilts in my future.

I've labeled all the totes so hopefully I will stop losing stuff.  Still have a long way to go, but making progress.  Maybe by the end of my vacation I will be organized.

Funny how once we start we find all kind of things.  I have never thought of labeling things.  I know crazy you would think I would have lol I am usually so organized.  Sounds like you were able to get a lot done.  Great job.

Brenda

EvelynB
#37 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 10:39:16 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Love reading about these challenges. I want my best friend to kick me in the behind! Three quilty friends did that last month by making me some Halloween blocks. They know I love Halloween but didn't join their swap because my embroidery machine's software hasn't been working with Windows 10. So after swallowing my pride I phoned a geeky sweetie in my life and asked for help. I'd already picked out alternate $700 solution but he managed to get around the security features of Windows 10 and get to DOS and got my software working!!! Good friends can inspire and kick! I also joined a paint chip challenge with my friends and was given brown, orange, and orchid to make into a quilted project! It was a HUGE challenge since I dislike all three colors. But my good friends pushed me into trips to the quilt shop and I found a bunch of Tula Pink fabrics with those colors. I was so inspired I've finished the top of a wallhanging. It was such fun to be back the sewing room that I ended up enlarging it and it's now 48" X 60". It's all wild appliqued butterflies and I love it! The good friends also encouraged me to work on my health. So I joined a gym with my DH. He's using a trainer now that his chemo is done. We have twin grandsons due next month and need to build up our muscles!
Teatime
#38 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:35:41 AM(UTC)
Teatime

Day 2 as being my own best friend:   I am participating in a Round Robin with my local quilt guild. I made a decision about the last border for the year. What a challenge this has been! But - I have learned a lot. I have 112 5" squares cut and organized for HSTs. Next step - sewing, cutting and ironing.

Also, on my "clean up" mission - I have put together fabric I will donate and fabric I was able to straighten up and organize so it is ready for a project. WooHoo!

Marian
cv quilter
#39 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 12:31:00 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Day 5 - got interrupted by trip to animal hospital...Got home and since I already had the Aug UFO on the Tiara, I did a little bit of quilting on it.  Dinner time, so quit.

Today is Day 6 - going to continue with quilting August UFO.  Would love to finish it...but will just get going and see I get done. As I sit here typing, I see that my desk/counter here is getting a build up of things that need to be put away.  Will do that and then start quilting 

Sharon
Brenda
#40 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:06:58 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I was able to spend all day with two things I love a really great friend, Taz even if it was only on Skype and also playing with my fabric in my sewing room

Brenda

Rss Feed  Atom Feed