Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<8910
Chelle
#190 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:06:01 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Thank you Gg! Now I need to focus on the next 10 pounds. I find its easier to stick to this way of eating than the one DH and I did a few years back.
As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Quiltbaby
#191 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:50:47 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Chelle congrats on being where you wanted to be! Have a blast at camp.

GG. I’m happy you found a way that works for you, That’s what it’s all about. Everybody is different and how it responds to food and diet and exercise. That’s what makes us uniquebigGrin You two , be safe and I hope you have a great time!
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
MargeP
#192 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:18:09 AM(UTC)
MargeP

Hi all - I have just read about half of the posts since this thread started the first of the year and have a question.  Perhaps it has been mentioned in the ones I haven't read today but does anyone know a link for a printable Carbohydrate Gram Listing of foods?  I have not been able to find one and being as apparently I am joining the ranks of Diabetes, I want that info on all foods so I can watch my intake.  I am also on blood thinners and have an excellent print out showing High, Medium and Low listings offoods as far as Vitamin K goes and it is so helpful.

I am not really needing to lose weight as I have lost 35 lbs. in the last year without trying, thus, the reason I had my first A-1C test done.  I do not want to go the medication route if possible, have always read labels but lots of things don't have the info on them like fresh fruit for one instance.

Congrats to all who have done so well and like the book I have just read "Smart Blood Sugar"says if you fall off the wagon one day, get back on and I am sure I will be doing that alot. I would appreciate any leads you may have on a carb chart.

MargeP
Brenda
#193 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 2:40:55 AM(UTC)
Brenda

Marge

I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but it is a starting point I use.  I am diabetic too.

http://www.lillydiabetes.com/_assets/pdf/ld90766_carbguide.pdf

I am now off medication and very happy.

I am happy you have dropped some weight and I hope you are starting to feel better now too.

Hugs my friend.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

MargeP
#194 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 3:30:16 AM(UTC)
MargeP

OMG Brenda - that is a wonderful starting point.  I have saved it and tomorrow when I am on my PC I will print it off.  There looks like a lot of great information and the first time I have seen a listing of various foods and that is what I have been searching for.  Thank you so much.

How long did it take you to throw the meds to the curb?  My idea is to not start the meds but not sure what the Dr. is going to throw at me when I talk to him.  Any tips from you will be appreciated.

Even though I have changed my eating habits this past year I know I was eating way too many carbs so even though I was losing the weight, I was not trying to.  The Dr. said I was probably peeing out all the nutrients and that is why the weight came off.  Didn't really want to add this to my lifestyle but such is life.

Lee is diabetic and does not watch what he eats - just takes the meds and goes with the flow.  He does the dinner cooking so I pick and choose what I  eat.

Thanks again, Brenda, and hugs back to you!

MargeP
Eponine1984
#195 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 2:43:46 PM(UTC)
Eponine1984

Just wanted to share for those of you that track steps - you can download the app from Dick's Sporting Goods and sign up for a free "scorecard" account. Everyday that you hit 10,000 steps, you get 3 points. When you get 300 points, you get a $10 reward to use towards a purchase.

I'm not affiliated with Dicks in anyway, but I just wanted to share the opportunity for free money. I don't hit 10k steps everyday, but I do like seeing the rewards points adding up. It works with Garmin, Fitbit, or if you track using Apple Health.

Well-behaved women rarely make history ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Quiltbaby
#196 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:50:41 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Heh Marge if you haven’t looked at glycemic index, you may want it as a reference too. There are a lot out there . I found this one too.
http://www.glycemicedge.com/glycemic-index-chart/

Brenda that is just wonderful your feeling good and off your diabetic meds! I’m so happy you are! It’s a rotten disease. I just recently reversed my Type 2 diabetes also. Off all meds since May. I feel so different off of them. Like myself again. Marge I wish you great success healing yourself!

Candis
GardenGal
#197 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 2:22:19 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Brenda!  That is the BEST news ( dropping meds )

I weighed crazy early yesterday but today I weighed at my normal morning weigh in and I lost almost 2 pounds at camp ( just shy .2 ).   If you've been to a camp, you'd know losing 1.8 pounds during 6 days of snacks and great home prepared meals is nearly impossible but thanks to the support of Chelle and others, I was able to get in some really good steps and watch my caloric intake.    

Fingers crossed I can drop 2 pounds this week.   I normally would be happy with 1.5 pounds but being at such a high weight, I can afford that extra half pound so I can get back into my own clothes. 

When I got home, my hubby had my NEW fitbit.   :D   yay!!!!   

gg

--
Quiltbaby
#198 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 3:08:13 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Way to go GG! My fingers are crossed for you! Your on a role!

Candis
cv quilter
#199 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 3:54:17 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

You go, GG.  That's a great feeling for you, I know.  Keep at it!

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
loveslife
#200 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:27:10 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Good job everyone!

I am still plugging along, down 6.5 at one point, but now at a speed bump and fluctuating up a pound or two, then back lower, but not getting out of this weight decade that I never wanted to be in again.

We have family visiting from Alaska this week that will prevent me from getting to the pool, but my steps have also been a bit short a couple days too.

I'm glad to find the motivational boost here.

GG, what I am doing is similar to what you are. I love my Fitbit!

Keep stepping ladies!

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
cv quilter
#201 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:46:26 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Karen,  Good on you!  You're making progress.  Hang in there. 

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Eponine1984
#202 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:46:53 PM(UTC)
Eponine1984

I've been losing and gaining the same 2-3 lbs for a month or so now. I keep giving myself passes on counting calories or going for a run and that needs to stop. This time of year is busy with birthdays and holidays, but I managed to lose weight last year and there's no reason I can't do it again this year.

Congrats everyone who's making progress!

Well-behaved women rarely make history ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Quiltbaby
#203 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:51:52 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I have just discovered another really cool Dr on utube, that makes so much sense. And explains to you in layman’s terms. If you have time. Take a listen.
It may help in some way that you need.
https://youtu.be/Tn9sAi07D_0

Candis
GardenGal
#204 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:12:35 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

My scales are showing another .6 pounds lost over the past 2 days.   This is the 3rd time I've lost .6 in two days.   I can live with that.   It might not last forever but I would love losing 8 pounds a month during Winter so by Spring I can wear my capris and by Summer be in my shorts.  

Not eating after dinner FEELS like it's the main reason I am losing..  the steps aren't hurting me either but I've not hit 10k for the past 3 days.  :(   Too chilly to work in the yard or walk the driveway.

Hope you guys can keep active in the WINTER months.

Candis, THANKS for the link.  Even more motivation to go for an egg or cheese and not a starchy snack.  I stopped buying those 100 calorie snacks..  except for nuts, they don't benefit me in nutrition.

gg

--
Chelle
#205 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:39:55 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Candis,I subscribed to that dr's videos so I can watch them at a later date. thank you

My martial art uniform top is too big!  I realized it when I saw the photo DH put of me on our school facebook page.  And I am able to fit into smaller bottoms, I just need to shorten the length on them.  We bought this particular pair when we still lived in TN and I couldn't even get them past my thighs.  

I think its time to up my step goal.  Since I got my first fitbit I have had it set at 6500 I think, there are days I dont reach it but I am noticing I am getting more days over it.

Leslie
#206 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:46:55 AM(UTC)
Leslie

Sometimes I think it would be nice,to have a running buddy but I can’t breath and talk at the same time haha
Leslie
GardenGal
#207 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 12:39:57 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Still nice for the company.  :D   

i enjoyed the walks at the retreat.  So much nicer with a friend.

Hoping my scales don't let me down tomorrow.. Jace is here a day early and I don't know if I can get good steps in.

gg

--
Chelle
#208 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 7:16:53 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Ok so one good thing and one not so good thing.  

Good thing: I set appointment with orthopedist to gain more info about my back issues, and perhaps other issues.

Not so good thing:  I caved into a craving, even though I know I could have kept fighting it.  I had a banana and a peanut butter sandwich... was in a hurry otherwise the banana would have been in the sandwich.  It did taste good, but, not what I should eat.

I am focusing more on my appointment than one thing I ate :)

Rss Feed  Atom Feed