Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
Quiltbaby
#127 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 3:44:08 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I have been doing that too for the last 95 days. I track my blood sugar with it and keytones too. But that’s my Keto stuff. It does help to keep a food journal! I write down everything. Even how I feel I look back and am amazed. I’m so happy you feel better! We all deserve that!
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
dogsbody
#128 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 7:55:25 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

I know it doesn't seem like much, but I have lost 8 pounds so far this year. Really hard to do with the steroids, and not able to really exercise due to lack of oxygen. I do the treadmill at a pretty fast walk for an hour almost every day, and hike up to the barn 3X daily to feed the ancient horse. Other than that I do the intermittent fasting, and eat mostly veggies and fish or chicken.

Chelle
#129 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 9:30:38 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I am copying this from a Keto board I'm on.  Sorry for so much to read :P

I just wanted to share my non scale progress I discovered today. I was cleaning my closet and realized I needed to go through my tote of "clothes that don't fit but I want to wear one day" that have mostly been packed for a year. If I bought something online and discovered it didn't fit but really liked it, it also went into the box. 

Well I still have a lot of shirts that need to stay in there, but there are also a number of them hanging up ready to wear :D. I admit I teared up while trying these on and seeing that they fit. I even modeled a few for my husband. 

There was a dress I ordered from Thinkgeek in February that got here and there was NO way I could fully try it on. Well I am waiting to surprise my husband because I'm wearing it :D

It is now time for me to really look at what shirts I am wearing and see if it actually fits or if it is swallowing me.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Brenda
#130 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 10:53:58 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Chelle That is fabulous.  I have found that the scale can upset us more than it can help at times but things like trying on clothes that fit that is fabulous.

How wonderful.  Keep up the great work.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Quiltbaby
#131 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 12:04:20 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Dogs body! I think that is great losing 8 lbs. steroids make it almost impossible. Great job, really! like

Candis
monalee
#132 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 10:22:33 AM(UTC)
monalee

I made it traveling with all the great NM food without gaining at all. Win win I was happy about.
Quiltbaby
#133 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 12:08:03 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Mona that’s wonderful news! I made it also through a week in Vegas. I lost 2 lbs. it was really easy to stay Keto there. All the walking in the heat too helped. So happy to be home and back to my routine.

Candis
dogsbody
#134 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 1:41:56 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

Originally Posted by: Quiltbaby Go to Quoted Post
Dogs body! I think that is great losing 8 lbs. steroids make it almost impossible. Great job, really! like

Thanks. That helps. Still have 12 more to go.

mimi2jefftye
#135 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:14:37 AM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

You all are doing so well!  Me, not so much.  I need to just make myself get out there and walk!  It is so hot and humid that I easily say I will get out after it cools off.  Of course when it cools off there is another excuse.  No one to blame but myself.  Here is to starting again!  

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
dogsbody
#136 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:52:46 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

Originally Posted by: mimi2jefftye Go to Quoted Post

You all are doing so well!  Me, not so much.  I need to just make myself get out there and walk!  It is so hot and humid that I easily say I will get out after it cools off.  Of course when it cools off there is another excuse.  No one to blame but myself.  Here is to starting again!  

And that is why I got the treadmill. Can't breathe in the sticky air

Quiltbaby
#137 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 12:40:15 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

https://www.delish.com/c...con-weave-pizza-recipe/

This is genius!! Wonderful Keto recipe. Wonderful any kind of pizza if you don’t want a bunch of carbs! I just made this. Easy and amazing! Yum

104 days on Keto Down 36 lbs. No longer a diabetic. Just got lab back. HA1C was 5.2. Normal is below 5.6. I have been off my blood sugar meds for this whole 104 days. I am also now off all blood pressure meds. Best yet no pain in my joints or feet! My only regret is ,, I didn’t find Dr Berry and the Keto lifestyle earlier in my life. I have been on every plan known to man. I may have lost weight, but I was no healthier. The health benefits are amazing. Weight loss is just a side perk. Sorry I’m rambling, I’m just excited. Love this way of life.

Candis
Leslie
#138 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 3:07:04 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Candis, with girl💝
Leslie
monalee
#139 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:34:19 PM(UTC)
monalee

Congrats Candis!
Quiltbaby
#140 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:40:28 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Thank you Leslie and Mona! I just feel so good! woohoo

Candis
cv quilter
#141 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 8:45:42 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Candis, Good on you!  The weight loss is wonderful...But the best part of it all is that you are healthier and feel so much better. Congrats. Candis, that recipe does look delish andd Fred is thinking it sounds yummy.  So I know we will be trying it and the lasagna recipe that Chelle posted about.  Might be slow start, but we may be on our way to better eating.  Thanks.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Chelle
#142 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 9:23:01 AM(UTC)
Chelle

LOL Candis, Rick sent me the link to the pizza crust yesterday.  

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Quiltbaby
#143 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 10:03:34 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Thank you CV! Chelle, I made it yesterday, it was so unbelievabley. Good! Tammie isn’t Keto sad And she wanted half! Hmmmm, I shared, reluctantly. What’s not to love!! Bacon, Raos pizza sauce, fresh grated Mozzerela, some pepparoni. Although , I cooked the pepparoni a little in microwave first. Gets to greasy for me. It really was delish! You and Rick will love it!

Candis
dogsbody
#144 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 11:28:50 AM(UTC)
dogsbody

Originally Posted by: Quiltbaby Go to Quoted Post
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a22688640/bacon-weave-pizza-recipe/

This is genius!! Wonderful Keto recipe. Wonderful any kind of pizza if you don’t want a bunch of carbs! I just made this. Easy and amazing! Yum

104 days on Keto Down 36 lbs. No longer a diabetic. Just got lab back. HA1C was 5.2. Normal is below 5.6. I have been off my blood sugar meds for this whole 104 days. I am also now off all blood pressure meds. Best yet no pain in my joints or feet! My only regret is ,, I didn’t find Dr Berry and the Keto lifestyle earlier in my life. I have been on every plan known to man. I may have lost weight, but I was no healthier. The health benefits are amazing. Weight loss is just a side perk. Sorry I’m rambling, I’m just excited. Love this way of life.

Giant thumbs up!

Quiltbaby
#145 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 11:35:57 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Dogsbody! Lol!! wink like

Candis
Rss Feed  Atom Feed